• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buffon.bj

Reaction score
Meermin just sent me an email that the MTO boots in snuff suede have been sent via UPS, and I should receive them by friday. Can't wait to try them on!

josef1

Reaction score
This is the unlined loafer in my normal size with my foot pushed forward. Would you guys recommend going down a half or full size. Leaning towards a full size down, but don't have much experience with the last.

I went half a size down from my usual oxfords for their unlined loafers and they fit great. I would say half down if that picture is with your foot pushed all the way forward.

gbandi

Reaction score
This is the unlined loafer in my normal size with my foot pushed forward. Would you guys recommend going down a half or full size. Leaning towards a full size down, but don't have much experience with the last.
You went half size down from your US size to convert to UK sizing or half size from your regular UK sizing..

josef1

Reaction score
You went half size down from your US size to convert to UK sizing or half size from your regular UK sizing..

Half size down from UK7 (meermin rui, hiro, loake capital, carlos Santos 234)

I found half sizing down 6.5uk with loafers gives me the best fit

Reaction score
Anyone in on those new MTO ‘slippers’?

The black calf ones might be a good option for black tie if like me you think opera pumps are just way too effeminate.

Does anyone have advice on sizing for the MTO calf slippers in the ROIS last - should I take UK 8 or UK 7.5?

I wear the following sizes
Brannock 9.5C
Carmina Uetam UK8 (loafer)
Carmina Simpson UK8 (chelsea boot)
Tricker's 4497 UK8.5
Tricker's 4444 UK8
Common Projects EU42

I'm also rather confused re: meermin's size searcher (https://www.meermin.es/in_en/size-searcher)
Does length refer to outsole length or insole length?
I emailed meermin directly and apparently "length" refers to outsole length and "width" refers to insole width, which is rather confusing - I'm not too sure if the customer rep knows what he's talking about as outsole length is rarely used for sizing.

Last edited:

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Does anyone have advice on sizing for the MTO calf slippers in the ROIS last?

I wear the following sizes
Brannock 9.5C
Carmina Uetam UK8 (loafer)
Carmina Simpson UK8 (chelsea boot)
Tricker's 4497 UK8.5
Tricker's 4444 UK8
Common Projects EU42

I'm also rather confused re: meermin's size searcher (https://www.meermin.es/in_en/size-searcher)
Does length refer to outsole length or insole length?
I emailed meermin directly and apparently "length" refers to outsole length and "width" refers to insole width, which is rather confusing - I'm not too sure if the customer rep knows what he's talking about as outsole length is rarely used for sizing.
Customer service certainly don’t know what’s going on but that’s another story!

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Is the consensus TTS on HOK last? I doubt I can leave those shinki NST boots alone. For reference I am a uk 9 in EB 363MOD, 4497s Trickers and most other brands .
Very few people have received them yet so the jury may still be out. I ordered the burgundy Shinki on the first release of this last. Haven’t arrived yet. They aren’t late, must be delivering them in stages, regardless of what customer service say! I am sorely tempted with those too but can’t face two pairs potentially not fitting!

Reaction score
Customer service certainly don’t know what’s going on but that’s another story!

Do you think I should take UK 8 or UK 7.5 for the ROIS loafer?

According to meermin's CS rep, the ROIS last fits longer/roomier than carmina's uetam last of the same size.
However, I'm unsure if I should trust their CS anymore

Cheers

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score

According to meermin's CS rep, the ROIS last fits longer/roomier than carmina's uetam last of the same size.

Cheers
I’m not the man to ask really is this is my first venture and mine haven’t arrived as yet. Mine were the new ‘voluminous’ HOK last. Which I’m led to believe is similar to a UK g fitting but who knows..!?

I’m used to English country boots so was hoping they’d be similar size.

Sfroide3

Reaction score

Cheers

To give you an idea, my feets got some toe spread (everything too slick on the toe box is a no go). When I say not good it means the size is right but there is pressure points on the toe box which makes it a bad last for me. I hope it can help you.

Carmina
  • Simpson UK9 (too tight on the pinky)
  • Rain UK9 (top fit)
  • Inca UK9 UK9.5 (need a second try)

Meermin:
  • RON UK9 - Perfect
  • NOD 9UK - Ok
  • Hiro UK9.5 good
  • Eltton UK 9.5 - Not good
  • Dani UK9.5 - Very good
  • Rois UK9 - Ok
  • New Ray UK9.5 Ok
  • Rui UK9 Not good

Carlos Santos
  • 401 UK8.5
  • 397 UK8.5
  • 160 UK8.5 (might size down toa UK 8)

seanpatrickb

Reaction score

Wear a 9us, have 8uk hiro jodhpurs that I wouldn't want to size down, so went 8uk for the loafers. Should have ordered a 7.5, but I've exchanged for a 7uk. With the build of those I think I want them as snug as possible, I imagine they'll stretch.

Skelnik

Reaction score
My apartment does get good lighting until the afternoon and I gotta drive today so these hopefully will suffice. HOK last is definitely roomier than Rui but you shouldn't have any worries if you stayed with normal TTS sizing of 8UK = 9US. I'm wearing my medium socks which I can't wear on the Hiro 8UK/9US.

Have you worn these yet?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads