• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Skelnik

Reaction score
I asked the seller why he was getting rid of them and he said the quality was great but weren't wide like he expected. They fit too small for him. Interesting. They are advertised as fuller than the RUI last. Hmmm.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I asked the seller why he was getting rid of them and he said the quality was great but weren't wide like he expected. They fit too small for him. Interesting. They are advertised as fuller than the RUI last. Hmmm.
That link takes me back to another thread?

Nothing showing on eBay uk so maybe it’s not available for me to see.

Good to see they’re on the way but sh&t service if some sent and others not..

Skelnik

Reaction score
That link takes me back to another thread?

Nothing showing on eBay uk so maybe it’s not available for me to see.

Good to see they’re on the way but sh&t service if some sent and others not..

That was probably my mistake. I was posting from my phone. I have corrected the link which successfully takes me to the listing now. But you may also be able to search for it using the item number which is 273998440345.

I'm typically a size US 9D/UK 8E so I ordered my pair a half size down (in 7.5E) based on the fact that these were advertised as fitting larger than the RUI last. I hope that wasn't a mistake. This gentleman is selling a size UK 10E as US 10.5. I won't worry about it too much, but it is interesting.

Other than that the boots look really good. Here's a couple photos from the listing.

s-l1600-2.jpg
s-l1600-3.jpg

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
That was probably my mistake. I was posting from my phone. I have corrected the link which successfully takes me to the listing now. But you may also be able to search for it using the item number which is 273998440345.

I'm typically a size US 9D/UK 8E so I ordered my pair a half size down (in 7.5E) based on the fact that these were advertised as fitting larger than the RUI last. I hope that wasn't a mistake. This gentleman is selling a size UK 10E as US 10.5. I won't worry about it too much, but it is interesting.

Other than that the boots look really good. Here's a couple photos from the listing.

View attachment 1237260 View attachment 1237261
Wow

They look brilliant anyway.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Still seems weird that I emailed last week and was sent a bit of an arsey email stipulating it was an MTO (I obviously knew that...) with estimated shipping end of September yet ones are being resold before we get delivery..

The pictures of the boot look superb so am looking forward to getting them even more. I stayed true to my UK size as generally wear thicker socks with boots so fingers crossed on that front too!

Coffandcig

Reaction score
Still seems weird that I emailed last week and was sent a bit of an arsey email stipulating it was an MTO (I obviously knew that...) with estimated shipping end of September yet ones are being resold before we get delivery..

The pictures of the boot look superb so am looking forward to getting them even more. I stayed true to my UK size as generally wear thicker socks with boots so fingers crossed on that front too!
I think the guy is just trying to do a quick flip or doesn't realize Meermin isn't very good for voluminous feet. The look gorgeous though. I went TTS 8UK-9US sizing as I've done with all my Meermin footwear.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I think the guy is just trying to do a quick flip or doesn't realize Meermin isn't very good for voluminous feet. The look gorgeous though. I went TTS 8UK-9US sizing as I've done with all my Meermin footwear.
Wasn’t in any way criticising the fella for selling them, especially a new last that had not a lot of info on. Just seems odd we haven’t all been sent them at the same time.

Skelnik

Reaction score
I ordered on July 22nd, the last day of the order period.

I ordered the first pair on July 9th (cigar) and the second pair on July 25th (Shinki). The cigar pair is most likely finished but I guess they are going to send them both at the same time.

Do they send one or two shoe bags with each pair?

77Pat

Reaction score
Made it to the store in NYC. Really liked the shoes, but didn't quite fit my feet. Usually a 9.5E in Allen Edmonds 5 last (can also wear 10D, but a little long). My most comfortable shoes are Grant Stone.

Attempted to try on the Patent Leather in UK 8.5, couldn't even get my foot in. They are not kidding when they mention low instep. Also have this issue with Taft and Beckett Simonon, to a lesser extent Cobbler Union.

They did not have them in UK 9 or 9.5, so I tried on the Double Monk based on the same last in the next size up. While I was able to get my foot in, these felt a little too big.

Also tried the wholecut (Elton last) and these felt the best, but still a little off (salesperson recommended uk 9, was getting tired and decided to hold off on trying 8.5).

I went in really wanting to get the correct fit, but for more stylish lasts think I need to stick with Carlos Santos and Carmina. Might give them another shot when I'm looking for boots.

josef1

Reaction score
Hello gentlemen!

Posting some initial thoughts on their new wholecut chelsea in HIRO, dark brown
20190912_141600.jpg
Beautiful looking shoes, double rubber dainite (tho it doesnt say "dainite"?) soles.

20190912_141620.jpg
Sleek side profile with two pull tabs (tho a long enough shoe horn does the trick).
Took these in my usual oxford size of 7UK and they fit great!
The clean sides by the elasic makes it extra sleek, they construct this as a whole piece of leather thus allowing it not to have stitching or seams on the side.

20190912_141859.jpg
Might burnish the toe with some black cream a bit

20190912_141907.jpg
Front view

20190912_141716.jpg
My only finishing gripe with these. The edges are in grey/white with visible glue stains. Kinda throws the aesthetic off a bit so I might darken these edges with some cream just to have it more seamless throughout.

Looking forward to dress this up and dress this down on jeans now that rainy season is approaching.
20190912_141853.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics