• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Hey gentlemen!
I happen to be the lucky winner of Meermins giveaway for an unlined loafer on Instagram, lucky me! Haha now my question is: I ordered it a half size down in 6.5UK from my usual 7UK in oxford shoes across 4 diff brands (7uk in RUI as well). Figured it being a loafer plus unlined might warrant a size down. Would half sizing down fit well or too tight?
I like your logic and that’s what I did recently with a Grenson loafer and fits perfectly. Can’t speak to Meermin loafer but I had a Trickers in my usual size and was like a boat! Congratulations sir and enjoy your loafer.

officine

Reaction score
Yes definitely. They can’t be returned so research their sizing to make sure you have the best chances of getting a good fit. The wax calf looks good IMHO. If you decide to place an order please post some pics after you receive them.
If you have history with Meermin's MTO process may I ask a clarification question? I put in for the waxy PTB boot a few days ago and was wondering if we get notified if/when the MTO minimum order quantity is achieved prior to the countdown clock reaching its conclusion? Does the countdown clock end immediately upon reaching the minimum order quantity? Thanks.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
If you have history with Meermin's MTO process may I ask a clarification question? I put in for the waxy PTB boot a few days ago and was wondering if we get notified if/when the MTO minimum order quantity is achieved prior to the countdown clock reaching its conclusion? Does the countdown clock end immediately upon reaching the minimum order quantity? Thanks.
Good question..

Also do we get notified in advance of delivery?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I don't think the minimum is real tbh. I think they're gonna make it regardless.

krudsma

Reaction score
Picked up the unlined loafer recently and I'm really happy with it, though I've been wondering where I should get it resoled whenever the time comes. I believe I read that they make it with a lighter and more flexible sole, is this something any old cobbler would have, or do they recommend someone?

Skelnik

Reaction score

A year or more ago Meermin changed how the GMTOs were run. It used to be when the order got to 12 they closed it out. Sometimes it would close out within hours. However, if after a week they didn’t get 12 orders they would cancel the GMTO and refund the orders that were placed.

Now, they just open up the GMTOs for a specified length of time (a week or two) and they will make how ever many orders they get as long as it reaches a minimum order. They don’t specify what the minimum is so I don’t know if it is still 12 or not.

Good question..

Also do we get notified in advance of delivery?

Yes, I received an email at the time they placed them in the mail and if I recall it only took about 2-3 days to receive them.

officine

Reaction score
A year or more ago Meermin changed how the GMTOs were run. It used to be when the order got to 12 they closed it out. Sometimes it would close out within hours. However, if after a week they didn’t get 12 orders they would cancel the GMTO and refund the orders that were placed.

Now, they just open up the GMTOs for a specified length of time (a week or two) and they will make how ever many orders they get as long as it reaches a minimum order. They don’t specify what the minimum is so I don’t know if it is still 12 or not.

Yes, I received an email at the time they placed them in the mail and if I recall it only took about 2-3 days to receive them.
Thank you.

It seems that the original method was more transparent. Here's hoping my order gets funded....

Lancaster

Reaction score
I skimmed back many pages but there's too much material to go through. Any thoughts on the "worth it ness" of linea meastro?

josef1

Reaction score
Picked up the unlined loafer recently and I'm really happy with it, though I've been wondering where I should get it resoled whenever the time comes. I believe I read that they make it with a lighter and more flexible sole, is this something any old cobbler would have, or do they recommend someone?

I believe the same goodyear methods were used for the unlined but just with a more pliable/softer outsole. Your reputable cobbler than can resole goodyear welt can probably handle that just as well.

Did you half size down for the unlined loafers? Hows the fit? Just ordered mine in a half size lower and my fingers are crossed haha

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I skimmed back many pages but there's too much material to go through. Any thoughts on the "worth it ness" of linea meastro?
There was a post about it like two pages ago man. Just go for it man. These shoes are what they are if you want a better version of an affordable shoe thats it. Meermin isnt expensive enough to worry much about the purchase.

krudsma

Reaction score
I believe the same goodyear methods were used for the unlined but just with a more pliable/softer outsole. Your reputable cobbler than can resole goodyear welt can probably handle that just as well.

Did you half size down for the unlined loafers? Hows the fit? Just ordered mine in a half size lower and my fingers are crossed haha

I'm a 11.5 US usually and I got a 10.5 UK that fits well, although I maybe could have gotten away with a 10. Very comfortable though. I was surprised by how slim the last was compared to some of my AEs, but that might just be because it's not very structured and my foot doesn't fill it out all the way.

Skelnik

Reaction score
Did anyone order the Shinki brown shell cordovan jumper boots from a few weeks ago? I think they were supposed to be shipping right about now. I was hoping for some photos of them IRL.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Did anyone order the Shinki brown shell cordovan jumper boots from a few weeks ago? I think they were supposed to be shipping right about now. I was hoping for some photos of them IRL.
Think the Shinki were burgundy and the brown was an Italian tannery?

I ordered burgundy, no update yet.

Skelnik

Reaction score
Think the Shinki were burgundy and the brown was an Italian tannery?

I ordered burgundy, no update yet.

That was for the service boots. I was referring to the cap toe jumper boot GMTO right before the service boot GMTO. I think our service boots don’t come in until September sometime. I was very tempted to purchase the cap toe boots but passed on them. I ordered the service boots though. I would love to see how the cap toe boots turned out.

5FC716FA-0F96-4D69-91A9-9B4E96F497EF.jpeg

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
That was for the service boots. I was referring to the cap toe jumper boot GMTO right before the service boot GMTO. I think our service boots don’t come in until September sometime. I was very tempted to purchase the cap toe boots but passed on them. I ordered the service boots though. I would love to see how the cap toe boots turned out.

View attachment 1228878
Ah

Didn’t see those. Either way I’ve not had mine!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads