• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mikoo

Reaction score
Thanks. I am seeing some thread that are saying that Elton last is little too pointy. Is this the case? Also is Olfe last pointy?

Coffandcig

Reaction score
Thanks. I am seeing some thread that are saying that Elton last is little too pointy. Is this the case? Also is Olfe last pointy?
Adelaide is on Elton and the balmoral is on Olfe. Olfe is perfect for an Egyptian foot as it's an asymmetrical last.

Attachments

• IMG_20190630_110307224_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190630_110307224_HDR.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 602

SS 376

Reaction score
I am seeing some comments that are saying that Elton last is too pointy. Is that the case? Is Olfe less pointy then Elton?

It depends on your personal preference. I prefer a more chiseled toe, and I can’t shake the feeling that overly rounded toes look like clown shoes to me. But it’s about what feels right and looks right to you.

garlicknots

Reaction score
I am curious if anyone would be interested in an MTO for this type of boot (two materials) but in black: Burgundy boots. I'd prefer leather soles and a more elongated last (olfe) but hiro with rubber is OK.

zadams917

Reaction score
Another sizing question: Considering a pair of the unlined loafers, but having questions about sizing and fit. I'm a 9D brannock. Recently purchased the jodhpur boot in 8.5UK and a tassel loafer in an 8UK. Should I go with 8UK for the unlined loafer as well?

Hamiste

Reaction score
Hi, sorry to start with a question but I have an issue : I'm interested in the last MTO that are built on the HOK last. I do not know it at all. On the site, it's described as a very comfortable one. It even seems to be bigger or wider than the RUI one. Has anyone ever tried or worn it? Has someone found measurments of the HOK?
I wear 7.5 UK in all lasts except Park (never tried) and Ron (8 UK) and Rui (7 UK for boots and 7.5 for the low boot). And I really wonder if I need to go in 7 or 7.5.
Thanks for your help if you can.

Last edited:

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am super confused and shocked as to how they are producing a boot with Shinki Hikaku Tannery Cordovan with JR soles at this price... How are they able to pull this off for 440 USD.

10163725100000ke-3_66443.png
dsc01383_26220.jpg
dsc01389_46392.jpg
dsc01439-3_65320.jpg
10163725100000KE-2.jpg
10163725100000KE-1.jpg

Rimaarts

Reaction score
M
I am super confused and shocked as to how they are producing a boot with Shinki Hikaku Tannery Cordovan with JR soles at this price... How are they able to pull this off for 440 USD.

View attachment 1206141 View attachment 1206142 View attachment 1206143 View attachment 1206144 View attachment 1206145 View attachment 1206146
Made in china + not horween Cordovan + terrible quality control + no refunds on MTO + you pay for exchange shipping for non MTO.
When all is fine, it's great shoes for the money, when all is not fine... Well... You know what you sign up for! (P.s. I have 3 meermins and only one was not reasonably perfect)

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The made in China part cuts down the price reasonably. I agree with that.

IMO, Shinki is a better tannery than Horween.

That is what concerns me a lot, the quality control issues. Making me think twice about ordering this..

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Many of you have made comments about QC and Customer Support issues with Meermin. I'd like to post a review about my excellent experiences over the past 3 months.

First, I ordered some shoes that somehow got lost in shipping. I emailed them and after a bit of back and forth they agreed to send me a new pair while the worked out the claim details with UPS. I got the second pair in 2 days and they were perfect. Then as it turns out the original pair showed up the next day...so I had 2 pairs of shoes and had only paid for one. I emailed them and they promptly sent me a label for return (which I did).

Then I ordered another pair of black cap toe oxfords...showed up 3 days later and are in excellent condition. $200 for good quality goodyear welted shoes is a great value. I've now got 5 pairs in total and all of them are excellent.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do they sell shoes out of their NYC store or is it just a showroom? I want to try their stuff on and maybe pick up some loafers while visiting next weekend.

krspdla

Reaction score
Do they sell shoes out of their NYC store or is it just a showroom? I want to try their stuff on and maybe pick up some loafers while visiting next weekend.

Yes, they sell out of the SoHo location. Purchased a black belt from there this past March.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads