• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Danitch

Reaction score
Good use of absolutely. While most people take same size in Hiro and CJ
And then write about "tons of pain" and "hard out of the box" :)

BB Coniston on 240 last 9us / 8uk internal last length 286mm, ball girth 250mm

Hiro 9uk internal last length 286mm, ball girth 250mm

Proportions and shape are confusingly similar.

Last edited:

Danitch

Reaction score
Your numbers look off. If Hiro is half size smaller than its C&J equivalent, then the Meermin equivalent should be 8.5 not 9.
Sorry, 240 last.
This is a pretty generous last.

Usually a difference of about 0.5 with many English shoes on last dressy last E/F fitting (may be excl Capital and some others generous fit lasts)

General advice - choose meermin hiro/olfe/elton + 0.5 to your usual uk size in medium width, ron/rui + 0.0 size to your uk size in medium width, but ron runs on the narrow side

Last edited:

jaeexen

Reaction score
I wear all my sneakers, running shoes, and casual shoes in 9.5 Wide. My big toe hits the Brannock at 9. My middle toe hits it at 9.5. My width is between E and EE on the Brannock. I tried on the Allen Edmonds Fifth Avenue (65 last) in a 9E and they fit pretty well, a tiny bit loose around the heel and a bit snug in the forefoot width. I wore three random pairs of oxfords at DSW. Both 8.5D and 9.0D fit lengthwise on two pairs. On the third pair, the 8.5 was way too short.

What size should I get in the Hiro G (EEE) oxford cap toe? I'm torn between 8.0 and 8.5, but leaning towards 8.0.

Also, is the UK G in the Hiro similar to a US E or US EEE? They have it listed on the website as an EEE.

Last edited:

monkk

Reaction score
Gents,

What is general advise for MM unlined loafers sizing? Eg in comparison to Hiro/Rui?

Also, are their soles still very soft? Had mine fronts very quickly wearing into welt.

Thanks

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows if the calf leather around/below the ankles gets softer after the shoes have been broken in? I noticed that the leather is fairly stiffer than my other oxfords around the same area.

Rimaarts

Reaction score
Gents,

What is general advise for MM unlined loafers sizing? Eg in comparison to Hiro/Rui?

Also, are their soles still very soft? Had mine fronts very quickly wearing into welt.

Thanks

Thats a leather soles for you! and thats why you need at least toe taps! i seem to start touching toe welt within 2-3 full day wears, so now all my leather shoes goes straight to cobbler for toppy/toe taps.

Quesjac

Reaction score
Anyone knows if the calf leather around/below the ankles gets softer after the shoes have been broken in? I noticed that the leather is fairly stiffer than my other oxfords around the same area.
Plastic heel stiffener, so it's not going to get soft around the heel, but the upper ankle/achilles area should soften.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So this is like the 3/4th time I've worn my loafers. I went down a half-size for them and I think, were I able to do it again, go down a full size. I think there's probably still some more breaking in to do (given my experience with other Meermin shoes and loafers in general) so hopefully this heel slippage (not much, but just enough on my smaller foot) will stop.

StephenASmithHOWEVUH.gif

There's a weird sticking on the right bottom near the heel from the sole. Like, right at the corner of the squareish thing inside the leather is? I don't know the name of the piece.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
20190426_100240.jpg

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

AMD500

Reaction score
Does anyone have Snuff jumper boots? Can you post some pictures of yourself wearing them? Thinking of pulling the trigger, but hard to tell what they look without some leg/pants context...thanks in advance

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Day 3...not sure if im more excited to polish and clean these guys or burn off the 7k calories ive ate/drank each day....
20190428_101143.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads