• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dichnotfu

Reaction score
I ordered a pair of Chelsea boots on their eshop that was shown to be available for "immediate shipping", unfortunately it wasn't and the support told me I had to wait for a month before receiving them. Turned out that it wasn't a month, but two.
And when I finally got my hands on the boots I was faced with the worst kind of defect I've ever had so far when it comes to quality footwear :
Not only I had to deal with an unexpected, exceedingly long delay but the pair was also unwearable (despite coming straight from the factory). It was a huge waste of time and a far cry from the kind of uneven stitching I can find on Meermin's shoes. Do they even have QC ? How could they miss such an obvious scratch? This is unreal.
I obviously returned the shoes and I didn't see any commercial gesture from Carmina, despite them failing twice on the same order. No discount code, no free shoes trees, nothing. Very amateurish.

So instead of telling people disappointed with Meermin to "step up" and go with Carmina, they should rather try Jftizpatrick or Cobbler Union, at least they know what customer service is.

I'd also like to add that I went back to the product page after I was refunded and I realized that Carmina actually put the defective pair back on the shop, at full price.
The boots were in 7UK and at the time, when I sent them back, they weren't available for immediate shipping on the shop in that size, the website told you they were in production.
I checked the website again after Carmina refunded me and I found that they now were available for immediate shipping in 7UK.
Needless to say I emailed them about that and they retired the pair, I found them later on ebay at 210€. A lot cheaper than 420€.
I don't know if they're just very amateurish or outright dishonest but Carmina definitely can sell shoes that were returned from being defective at full price.

Last edited:

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered a pair of Chelsea boots on their eshop that was shown to be available for "immediate shipping", unfortunately it wasn't and the support told me I had to wait for a month before receiving them. Turned out that it wasn't a month, but two.
And when I finally got my hands on the boots I was faced with the worst kind of defect I've ever had so far when it comes to quality footwear :
Not only I had to deal with an unexpected, exceedingly long delay but the pair was also unwearable (despite coming straight from the factory). It was a huge waste of time and a far cry from the kind of uneven stitching I can find on Meermin's shoes.
I obviously returned the shoes and I didn't see any commercial gesture from Carmina, despite them failing twice on the same order. No discount code, no free shoes trees, nothing. Very amateurish.

So instead of telling people disappointed with Meermin to "step up" and go with Carmina, they should rather try Jftizpatrick or Cobbler Union, at least they know what customer service is.

I'd also like to add that I went back to the product page after I was refunded and I realized that Carmina actually put the defective pair back on the shop, at full price.
The boots were in 7UK and at the time, when I sent them back, they weren't available for immediate shipping on the shop in that size, the website told you they were in production.
I checked the website again after Carmina refunded me and I found that they now were available for immediate shipping in 7UK.
Needless to say I emailed them about that and they retired the pair, I found them later on ebay at 210€. A lot cheaper than 420€.
I don't know if they're just very amateurish or outright dishonest but Carmina definitely can sell shoes that were returned from being defective at full price.

lol, well he did ask you for an example. Pretty good one, it sucks you had to deal with that.
I have to say it seems to me they’re both about equally bad in the CS department from what I’ve seen.

Now from what I’ve seen in terms of comparisons of the quality of their product, both of which are in my closet; if one believes Meermin is equal to Carmina, I would say hey go with god. If that’s what one truly believes then life is beautiful, because you save at least 100€ with every pair you buy from them.
I personally don’t see it, but I only make the decisions on where my money goes. Others are obviously free to spend as they choose.

Dichnotfu

Reaction score
Well, I didn't say Meermin's products were of the same quality as Carmina's, they're not.
It's just that every time I check this thread I find people complaining about Meermin's QC and customer service and Carmina is often brought up as the polar opposite, the brand that you can't go wrong with, that will never let you down, and so forth...
I agree with you about them being equally bad with CS, I didn't have any issue with Meermin yet but they're not helpful at all when it comes to advices regarding sizes or just information about their products.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I didn't say Meermin's products were of the same quality as Carmina's, they're not.
It's just that every time I check this thread I find people complaining about Meermin's QC and customer service and Carmina is often brought up as the polar opposite, the brand that you can't go wrong with, that will never let you down, and so forth...
I agree with you about them being equally bad with CS, I didn't have any issue with Meermin yet but they're not helpful at all when it comes to advices regarding sizes or just information about their products.

Yes, I agree. It’s bad form to come to the Meermin thread and trash their product, while promoting another product.

Fans

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm thinking about ordering a pair of oxfords from Meermin and will appreciate some help with sizing. Right now I have only one pair of welted shoes - Loake Ledbury on a Claridge last in a size 9,5 UK. They fit perfectly

Taking this into account - what size/last can you reccomend me to consider from Meermin? I will especially appreciate an advise from somebody who owns Loake on a Claridge last at a similar size than me

Thanks,
Alex

Franky

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I want to buy the Meermin Double Monks in Aubergine. They are quite beautiful.

This is another one of those sizing questions.
Best fitting shoe: Wolverine 1000 mile boots in 8.
I also wear a lot of 8.5 D Allen Edmonds, but they always feel a tad long for my short toes and the creases happen too close to the front of the shoe. I have a wide foot. I have some 8D AE Loafers that fit great lengthwise, but would be a better fit for me in a 8E I believe.

With that being said the monks are in the Elton last, but I'm scared to order without knowing what I'll get since they're in Spain. Would a 7UK be best for me in your educated opinions or a 7.5UK?

Bikol

Reaction score
C9D4D43E-080A-4698-8A21-7BD66EF7FCD7.jpeg
37236926-CC36-4C81-8B11-730DB95B46C5.jpeg
BB04825D-2A94-40B9-8EB7-F6C1CE8538CB.jpeg
Hello everyone

Have quite a few shoes from Meermin and use to love them. It really aches my heart that their quality has declined, not to mention their costumer service. I guess it was to good to be true. Last two orderes have been a true disappointment.

I ordered their longwing Blucher (my third pair) and when the shoes arrived they were bigger, both the inside measures but mainly the outside measures. The heal is much bigger.
Just look at the pictures.

Such a pity on a butyful shoe. Also their was no logo on the sole, maybe they are outsourcing the production of some models.

Remember that when you order shoes from them, seems that their sizing is not consistence.

After contacting them, they do not seem so cooperative.
Do you think they should pay for the shipment when sending them back?

I’m still waiting for their reply. Will keep you posted.

Thanks

Styzoom

Reaction score
@Bikol The new one looks massive compared to the old one. I have never seen such a thing. Same size right? Same last too? What size is it? Ask for smaller size.

Bikol

Reaction score
@Bikol The new one looks massive compared to the old one. I have never seen such a thing. Same size right? Same last too? What size is it? Ask for smaller size.

I know. Yes, same size (UK6) and last (Rui).
Anybody had similar experience?

I’ve been a loyal customer the past 4 years but nowadays they treat you very arrogant when contacting their customer service. Remember the old days when Pepe Albaladejo would come on here and comment on quality and answering questions. Of course you can’t expect that, but from such high grade of service to what we have today is really sad.

Dichnotfu

Reaction score
Your sole is very strange, the images on the website are quite different.
And when I look at the outlet on ebay, I don't see the same kind of sole you got so it's probably not a change to the model.
Good luck for the exchange and they better pay the shipping fees for the return.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great --- what's your maintenance?
Thanks.
In this case Bick 4 was used, but I also use Venetian Cream, Carmina shell creme, Saphir Renovateur, and Lexol. With any of those conditioners the technique is the same. I like to put the conditioner on and leave it for 24 hours or so. Then I brush it off with a brush pretty vigorously. The left over residue is then rubbed off with a polishing cloth. Then more vigorous brushing.

rgweiser53

Reaction score
Are website MTO pics generally consistent with what's produced? Looking at Navy Shell PTB on the website now...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics