• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since it is a personal shipment and not on a corporate account, I would say the odds of you getting an invoice retroactively from FedEx is slim to none.
Now, let's see some pics.
smile.gif

Here you go:

First impressions: they look great out of the box with none of the finishing issues mentioned by Orgetorix. Fit feels pretty true to size as well, but maybe a little bigger/wider than a normal 12D U.S. One question, however, for others purchasing Meermin shell: was your shell pretty dry when it arrived? I wore these for a few minutes and then took a horsehair brush to one of the shoes and it made the shoe look cloudy and seemed to take finish/polish off. The picture above is after one application of Renovateur this morning, which definitely improved the appearance, but it seems like the shoe needs more. Have any of you found that you need to add multiple applications of Renovateur or another product on the Meermin shell immediately after purchase?

dsc

Reaction score

Wore my dub monks today and when brushing once I got home I noticed (perhaps the inevitable?) sole split. This is wear 16 or 17 I think, as I do shell during the week normally. Pretty disappointing and now seriously worried about my MTO that I have yet to see. Never had a sole split before, are they still wearable now or does it need to be fixed?

I don't want to moan, but I currently have two pairs of Meermins, one pair of bluchers on the Ama last and one pair of monks. Here's what I've noticed on the monks on the cap toe stitch:

DSC_0008.jpg

and to add insult to injury, I've noticed that the sole split on the right shoe on the blucher pair :( Emailed Sandro a few days ago about the monks, waiting for a reply, need to email them about the split, although I'm a bit reluctant to send them back as they are breaking in rather nicely (then again this is the 3rd wear and 1st longer wear in these and they already split).

Regards,
dsc.

minervau

Reaction score

After speaking with Luisa she recommended me getting a size 8 UK based on my foot measurements. I'm hesitant getting an 8 UK because I usually wear a 9 US. Is going a full size down common with Meermin, do they run big?

I'm a 9D and got an 8.5UK and it fit well, for what it's worth, but that was also their recommendation based on foot measurements. Take your measurements and line them up against a foot size chart online -- are you a true 9D? Maybe you're a tweener between 8.5 and 9, so they're making a judgment call.

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Further update pictures for the Meermin group buy. Shoes will be shipped out in approximately 10 days
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Zarium

Reaction score
The more I see these pictures the more I'm kicking myself for passing on this group buy. :brick:

azumi

Reaction score
I don't want to moan, but I currently have two pairs of Meermins, one pair of bluchers on the Ama last and one pair of monks. Here's what I've noticed on the monks on the cap toe stitch:
DSC_0008.jpg

and to add insult to injury, I've noticed that the sole split on the right shoe on the blucher pair
frown.gif
Emailed Sandro a few days ago about the monks, waiting for a reply, need to email them about the split, although I'm a bit reluctant to send them back as they are breaking in rather nicely (then again this is the 3rd wear and 1st longer wear in these and they already split).
Regards,
dsc.
Has Sandro replied you on this issue? Having seen this picture, I hesitate to make a decision of buying a pair of Meermin.

printyra

Reaction score
I just paid my paypal invoice, I am excited to receive my first pair of Meermins!

vijayagopalp

Reaction score
Yes out of box my Meermin Shell LWB's were pretty dry. I was even worried to see them so dry with no life. Lots of brushing and elbow grease brought them to life. I do not have the renovator, we don't get that stuff in India. I have ordered one from eBay should arrive soon, waiting to give a good conditioning.

Last edited:

vijayagopalp

Reaction score
My New Meermin Shell Cordovan LWB's...Arrived 10/25 ordered on 10/11, I live in India and the shipping took 4 days including the wait time in Indian Customs.Shoes are solid built atleast to my standards, I have no exposure to Shell Shoes and these are my first pair, I wear 10UK and these are 10UK with a snug fit on my wide toes. I cannot compare with the renowned shell manufacturers, however these are built well and seems they will last long. I have to see how they will stand for Indian conditions though.

Meermin Shells in between my Rockport CG burgundy shoes..

First impression...

First Impression....

Inside shot...It has Made in Spain stamped.hard to see though..

After First wear...It seems to improve well with the shine (using Horse hair brush and damp cloth to shine). First day wear was good and they start to break-in well.

After first wear...

Deapht

Reaction score
Im planning on buying a couple pairs so I want to make sure I get the right fit. My feet are 26cm long and 10.5cm wide (which is slightly wider than average). Would the 8uk in the Hiro last fit or would you guys suggest sizing up to an 8.5?

Last edited:

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deapht

Im planning on buying a couple pairs so I want to make sure I get the right fit. My feet are 26cm long and 10.5cm wide. Would the 8uk in the Hiro last fit or would you guys suggest sizing up to to an 8.5?

Deapht, I have a few pairs in the Hiro and Ama last and also will be receiving a pair soon in the Olfe last. I wear a UK8 both in the Hiro and Ama last. The Hiro last fits me nicely while its a little loose for me in the Ama last. I may size down to a UK7.5 in the Ama last. My Olfe last which is also in a size UK8 will arrive soon and I will compare it with my Hiro last for you.

alex6669

Reaction score
My feet is 26,4 cm and I have size 8UK in the Hirolast and next time i buy a Hirolast I will go for 7,5 UK

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads