• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Any suede double monks?
biggrin.gif

I am a US 11.5 or 12 depending on the last.

They had a good looking suede double monk, but not on your size. They told me they're receiving a shipment in about two weeks, so maybe then...

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They had a good looking suede double monk, but not on your size. They told me they're receiving a shipment in about two weeks, so maybe then...

That would be perfect :slayer:

Sounds like I would wear around a size 10 or 10.5 meermin.

pinchi22

Reaction score

Their Linea Maestro looks great. I'd say perhaps a little above C&J benchgrade level, with nice finishing, quality leather and and fiddleback waist. The norvegese stitched ones looked really gorgeous. I don't know how will they stand the test of time, but they really seem to be a great value. They're obviusly not EGs or Carminas but no other shoes I've seen look this good for €250.

+1. The beveled waist on the Linea Maestro makes my C&J benchgrades look pedestrian by comparison.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you buy the shoe trees? If so, how much were they?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

BTW, the lasts hanging in the store are from MTM Japanese clients.

so they are still in use, just stored as decoration?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

+1. The beveled waist on the Linea Maestro makes my C&J benchgrades look pedestrian by comparison.

ask any cobbler. it's no rocket science.

pinchi22

Reaction score

ask any cobbler. it's no rocket science.

I only meant that as an example of attention to detail. I have several C&J handgrades, which are my benchmark, but these are certainly competitive (IMHO). And at €290 ($377), I think they are very good value.

If there is enough interest, I may stop by the store to take pics with my SLR.

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I only meant that as an example of attention to detail.

it's a gimmick, imo.

it suits not every style also. see the discussion about AS.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

it's a gimmick, imo.
it suits not every style also. see the discussion about AS.

C'mon Fritz.

When I see a shoe that catches my eye, I pick it up to inspect it. Then next thing I do is flip it over and take a look at the sole. The sole of a shoe is the window into the soul of the shoe. Alternatively, I will not buy a shoe online if there is no pic of the sole available. This goes for any brand.

If someone cam across a pair of Kenneth Coles with a fiddled or beveled waist, no doubt they would snap a pic and post it here. See what I mean?

Does it mean the shoe was hand welted with the pubic hairs of virgins? Maybe not. Does it mean that whomever crafted the shoe aimed a bit higher? Absolutely.

Last edited:

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, €35. Looks like they're not really lasted but fit pretty well inside the shoes.

Only because I think it too much to ask of you to get pictures of all of the Linea Maestro line I would be interested in the shoe pictured above and trees to match. I believe it is on the Rey last. Apparently I need a size 11.5. My feet are of average width (the earlier posts which mention my EG 888 size was a bit faulty, I'm a 12/12.5E in all EG lasts, the 3 pairs of 888 shoes I have owned were all 12.5/13D).

Since the other member I know that is interested live within a stone's throw of me perhaps we can both order via yourself and have the shoes and trees shipped to a central location i.e. my home :)

Let me know how much this will set me back.

Thanks

Last edited:

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There aren't many models in their Linea Maestro line really, most of them are in the pictures starting this thread. Personally, I loved the 3-eyelet wholecuts.

I believe that model is from the "regular" Linea Maestro, which is €250+€35 for the trees = €285. Shipping via mail should be somewhere around €35, but could be a little higher depending on package weight. Package insurance, etc. also could add some to shipping costs.

So that would make €320 = $417 + possible extra shipping costs...

So 11.5UK is it? Beware, if your feet are a "regular" width but you usually need a 12.5 because of length, you might have to size down a little less! Do you have enough toe space in your 12.5's?

This "New Rey" last is pretty elongated though, so that might not be a problem and 11.5 would work fine...

Last edited:

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There aren't many models in their Linea Maestro line really, most of them are in the pictures starting this thread. Personally, I loved the 3-eyelet wholecuts.

I believe that model is from the "regular" Linea Maestro, which is €250+€35 for the trees = €285. Shipping via mail should be somewhere around €35, but could be a little higher depending on package weight. Package insurance, etc. also could add some to shipping costs.

So that would make €320 = $417 + possible extra shipping costs...

So 11.5UK is it? Beware, if your feet are a "regular" width but you usually need a 12.5 because of length, you might have to size down a little less! Do you have enough toe space in your 12.5's?

This "New Rey" last is pretty elongated though, so that might not be a problem and 11.5 would work fine...

The 12.5s I wear are EG which are not at all elongated. I wear a 12 in Magnanni which are long but not too wide if that helps. By regular Linea Maestro line do you mean they still have the fiddle painted sole and good leather quality as pictured? I don't really need the highest of the high but I want to review these shoes and compare them to the two pairs of Carminas I have as well as the other brands I own.

What would I owe you for the service?

Last edited:

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for something in a dark brown. If you can snap a few pictures, I would GREATLY appreciate it. If not, I'll take those above in a 9.5, I am 10.5/11D in EG and 10E (UK) or 11D in 348 last from C&J.

Also, just need to know the finally price (i think it would be the same as above). You can PM me or post on here, whichever you prefer. Add whatever fee you would charge.

Thanks

Last edited:

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By regular Linea Maestro line do you mean they still have the fiddle painted sole and good leather quality as pictured? I don't really need the highest of the high but I want to review these shoes and compare them to the two pairs of Carminas I have as well as the other brands I own.
What would I owe you for the service?

Yes. The "higher end" ones are the Norvegese stitched. The "regular" ones (always talking about Maestro) also have a fiddle painted sole and the same leather. I will check the store again today, just in case they happen to be more than €250, but I could have sworn I saw those in their "regular" Maestro line.

gyasih, you're interested in the same model as NORE? I don't think they will let me take any pictures inside the store, and my phone camera is pretty bad...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads