• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BlackYeti

Reaction score
I agree @Meermin 's Cs is pretty bad, refuse to admit major cosmetic defects and bad clicking on expensive horween shell.

But this goes to show what the management of meermin is doing as well. The reason cs act like this is because they are trained to do so.

Always blame the top and not the bottom, Cs probably get paid min wage to reply to our emails. I kind of feel bad for them, constantly being an asshole to their customers.

Oh I'm definitely blaming management. And I'd be surprised if the cs I was talking to isn't pretty close to management. I can't imagine some new kid making the kind of hard-edged arguments I received. Impossible to know, of course, since all comms come from the same email address with no signature and they're unreachable at the listed phone number.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love how I came to this thread to look for advice but everyone is just ******** on the brand lmao.
Knocking on wood but I did have a very very small defect where there was some plastic in between the sole and the upper leather and they asked me to send it to them at their cost. While it was over there they also put toe plates (at my own cost ofc) and sent them back, again at their cost. Perhaps there’s just some really bad CS reps in the company
These are all examples of the beauty of the internet, every asshole with an opinion can freely share it, as if it is the gospel. I say this with full recognition that I myself am at times that asshole.
2E9384DA-913A-4AAD-8B94-D50CC457CF72.gif

I’m not gonna lie though, it is hugely entertaining to see the same aggrieved individuals launch their attacks to destroy the Meermin shoe brand :lol:

MacGuffen

Reaction score
The ultimate winter boots! Waxy Commander with commando soles and shearling lining, from the recent MTO:

View attachment 1709794
View attachment 1709795
View attachment 1709796
View attachment 1709797
View attachment 1709799
View attachment 1709798

I really like how they sew the tongue in place medially to prevent it from sliding around. Haven't seen that before. I have no complaints QC-wise.
Found a QC issue after all. The nails in one heel are loose (don't know if they came like that or came loose after only one wear).

But to Meermin's credit, they replied in literally 5 minutes to my email and told me they'd reimburse me for the cost of having it fixed at a local cobbler.
BD067CCE-AA52-4602-8009-0DD1669DAA4A.jpeg

Mirage-

Reaction score
These are all examples of the beauty of the internet, every asshole with an opinion can freely share it, as if it is the gospel. I say this with full recognition that I myself am at times that asshole.

I’m not gonna lie though, it is hugely entertaining to see the same aggrieved individuals launch their attacks to destroy the Meermin shoe brand :lol:

It really is not hard to understand this, there is no "conspiracy theory", and it's not about people having weird opinions.
Some have received perfect pairs, some/most (like me) with small QC issues which we decided to overlook given the price, some were unlucky and got serious defects. Then of the latter, some people have had the luck of receiving good service and are happy, some have not and are unhappy.
It's very natural when QC and service are both inconsistent.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It really is not hard to understand this, there is no "conspiracy theory", and it's not about people having weird opinions.
Some have received perfect pairs, some/most (like me) with small QC issues which we decided to overlook given the price, some were unlucky and got serious defects. Then of the latter, some people have had the luck of receiving good service and are happy, some have not and are unhappy.
It's very natural when QC and service are both inconsistent.
Don’t get mad bro, it’s all good. I’m pretty sure I didn’t mention any conspiracy. I also included myself as being an occasional internet troll. Personally, I feel like I’m in good company. :lol:

Mirage-

Reaction score
But it's not people being "internet trolls" and "trying to destroy meermin", it's just that due to the variance of the product AND service offered, it is only natural that opinion will differ greatly on the brand depending on how lucky a customer you've been, basically.
I bet you would stop buying from a maker who screwed you over, and offer negative reviews. I also bet you probably would keep buying from said maker if you always received great items, even if a bunch of guys on the internet told you in detail of the bad experience they had with him.
What I don't understand is this attitude of many in this thread to directly attack people who have had bad experiences or even are just trying to not incur in one, somehow spinning the situation into a nonsensical moral condemnation of said buyer out of very normal behaviors. Like buying 3 pairs on the first order and keeping the best fit (returning others at own expenses!), or asking to see photos of factory seconds to get a general idea in order to either buy or not buy and honor their no-return policy despite the fact that it is illegal in the EU (for non-custom items).

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But it's not people being "internet trolls" and "trying to destroy meermin", it's just that due to the variance of the product AND service offered, it is only natural that opinion will differ greatly on the brand depending on how lucky a customer you've been, basically.
I bet you would stop buying from a maker who screwed you over, and offer negative reviews. I also bet you probably would keep buying from said maker if you always received great items, even if a bunch of guys on the internet told you in detail of the bad experience they had with him.
What I don't understand is this attitude of many in this thread to directly attack people who have had bad experiences or even are just trying to not incur in one, somehow spinning the situation into a nonsensical moral condemnation of said buyer out of very normal behaviors. Like buying 3 pairs on the first order and keeping the best fit (returning others at own expenses!), or asking to see photos of factory seconds to get a general idea in order to either buy or not buy and honor their no-return policy despite the fact that it is illegal in the EU (for non-custom items).
Woah, that was a lengthy response. I didn’t mean to invalidate your feelings. I apologize for jesting about your horrible Meermin experience.
5DB0F2E0-9FCF-49C0-8241-A3B09AFE0D88.gif

Frozenhaze

Reaction score
Found a QC issue after all. The nails in one heel are loose (don't know if they came like that or came loose after only one wear).

But to Meermin's credit, they replied in literally 5 minutes to my email and told me they'd reimburse me for the cost of having it fixed at a local cobbler.
View attachment 1712584
This happened to my boots with commando soles too and Meermin replied the exactly same thing. Now the boots are at the local cobbler, he inspected the boots and he has to reattach both heels since the original glueing had failed just after a few (5) wears and the both heels became loose. This is an unfortunate defect in otherwise nice pair of boots. Let's see what's the outcome and how the reimbursement is handled.

BlackYeti

Reaction score
Another example of horrible Meermin consistency and customer service:

Wanted to try a pair of their suede Jodhpurs. Ordered two sizes. Despite carrying the same SKU, the two boots I received are in different color suedes of different texture (one nappier than the other). The linings are in different colors. The boots are cut differently, with different relative length tongues and different ankle widths. One pair came in visibly used, with fading at the heel and ankles and paint chipping from the welt. The other has an incorrectly stitched sole, with the stitch running into a divot rather than along its edge, and sloppily glued heel.

When I requested returning the lighter brown boots, I was informed that the original shipping charges would not be reimbursed and I would have to pay return shipping as the difference in upper color was due to the “slight, natural variation” between leathers and problems with my computer monitor. How fun.

View attachment 1702325

I've also seen problems with the sole/heel on a recent boot purchase. Chose to return rather than repair, and had to pay shipping both ways to do so.

Sinbios

Reaction score
I've also seen problems with the sole/heel on a recent boot purchase. Chose to return rather than repair, and had to pay shipping both ways to do so.

It's ridiculous to make the customer pay for shipping on a defective product, in fact it's illegal under EU law.

Your refund must include any shipping charges you paid when you made your purchase. However, the trader may charge you delivery costs if you specifically requested non-standard delivery (such as express delivery).

Under EU law, within the legal guarantee period of two years, defective products must be repaired or replaced without any cost to the consumer. This includes any shipping costs. So, the seller should cover all shipping costs (the cost of you sending the faulty camera to the them and the trader returning the repaired camera to you).

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

St1X

Reaction score
When I was putting an outfit together I decided to go for this new shell cordovan shoes from meermin.
But discovered that leather has been torn on them :(
It's been 3 days since I send them a message, but got no respond back

Attachments

• IMG_0462.JPG
    IMG_0462.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 135

lfzhao5

Reaction score
When I was putting an outfit together I decided to go for this new shell cordovan shoes from meermin.
But discovered that leather has been torn on them :(
It's been 3 days since I send them a message, but got no respond back
Woo is this brand new ? Or has been sitting in the closet?

I'm gonna condition the crap out of that spot on mine ?

St1X

Reaction score
Those have been in a closet for a few month, but that has nothing to do with these shoes having a manufacturing defect that I haven't noticed when they arrived :(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads