• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try contact support for custom order.

Well, I contacted Meermin via Facebook and received a very prompt response - I think it took all of five minutes for Meermin to respond!

Unfortunately, the answer was no - they do not have the capacity to put a medallion on a captoe boot at the moment.

Taracta

Reaction score
Meermin women's black plain toe derbys. IMG_20211022_072117.jpg IMG_20211022_072056.jpg IMG_20211022_072033.jpg IMG_20211022_071820.jpg IMG_20211022_071759.jpg IMG_20211022_072019.jpg IMG_20211022_071739.jpg IMG_20211022_071813.jpg

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see some great boots indeed, https://eu.meermin.com/products/101523-cognac-utah-e for instance.

I used to own a few pairs of Meermin shoes in the past (standard range, Linea Meastro, shell cordovan) but sold them all because their heel stiffeners killed my feet. Breaking the in seemed nearly impossible.

Has this been improved recently or do they still use the same unforgivingly unflexible heel stiffeners?

MacGuffen

Reaction score
On a related note, is the heel stiffener actually pure plastic or celastic? I believe I've seen a teardown revealing plastic.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see some great boots indeed, https://eu.meermin.com/products/101523-cognac-utah-e for instance.

I used to own a few pairs of Meermin shoes in the past (standard range, Linea Meastro, shell cordovan) but sold them all because their heel stiffeners killed my feet. Breaking the in seemed nearly impossible.

Has this been improved recently or do they still use the same unforgivingly unflexible heel stiffeners?

Same* heel stiffener.

On a related note, is the heel stiffener actually pure plastic or celastic? I believe I've seen a teardown revealing plastic.

Its Thermoplastic

Last edited:

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same* heel stiffener.

Its Thermoplastic

That's a shame really. It's the main reason for me stop wearing Meermin. Wonder why they stick to this, would it be such a cost increase to change to leatherboard for instance?

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone own the cordovan wallets and care to share their experience with them here?

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone own the cordovan wallets and care to share their experience with them here?

I have two of them and the inner lining where the credit cards sit tore on both of them after just a few weeks of use. Had them reinforced by my cobbler.

20211026_153350.jpg

Last edited:

basu13

Reaction score

Any feedback on what is the quality of finishing and general quality of the shell on these would be like? This seems to be shell from Horween unlike the earlier one which was cheaper at 430 USD. This one is 600 USD.

Also- some examples which I have seen on Reddit have had quite horrible finishing on welt which is definitely not expected at this price point. Makes me hesitant to take a gamble on these though I have been lusting over the website pics.

Last edited:

zurich64

Reaction score
Any feedback on what is the quality of finishing and general quality of the shell on these would be like? This seems to be shell from Horween unlike the earlier one which was cheaper at 430 USD. This one is 600 USD.

Also- some examples which I have seen on Reddit have had quite horrible finishing on welt which is definitely not expected at this price point. Makes me hesitant to take q gamble on these though I have been lusting over the website pics.
There is a whole mix of shells in this MTO. Horween, Italian, and Heritage (cheapest option). I have now been using their heritage shell boots 1-2 times a week for the past few months and the quality is good. Finishing on my boots is very good. Compared to Horween shells that I have from AE, I don't see much difference. The heritage is a bit thinner than horween.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads