• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think I have asked this before but don't remeber getting an asnwer. How does the NOD last fit?

According to the last description it's low instep... so that makes me think of Carmina's Uetam last and if that's the case I would need 9UK.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you and no, it’s Maryam toscanello borsebutt.
Now that you’ve mentioned it, they are very reminiscent of the Snowdon boots ?

I tried them on with the inserts and they’re too snug, but I didn’t like the added layer. I’m not sure if I would size up tho, as there feel just right in length. I’m thinking of using the inserts for other pairs. Didn’t you order 2 pairs? That hatch grain looks great.
I see. I’m very fond of all the horse butt leather pairs in my shoe room, it ages beautifully.

Yes I ordered the Havane hatch grain and marbled green shell, I haven’t received the shell pair yet. I screwed up on my first pair of HOK lasted shoes back in September last year, and ordered my normal UK8.5, they are too big.
On the Havane/Shell pairs I went with UK8, and based on the Havane pair, the fit is absolutely perfect. As I mentioned previously, they are the best fitting pair of RW shoes I have for my widish foot.

Taracta

Reaction score
I’m a 9 UK in Hiro & 8.5 UK in Rui & Rois and went with a 8.5 UK in the HOK; great fit! The 9 UK would’ve been too long.
This horse ass feels pretty soft.
Does Meermin send inserts with every boot on the HOK last? If so, that’s really impressive and a good way to increase foot volume, if one missed size or prefers closer fitting boots.
I’m happy to say these fit very well, I did the initial try on with thin socks and could wear them with medium thick socks. Oddly, I don’t think I like the shape of the HOK last.
I’m very happy with my boots and regret not getting another pair in the ridge unicorn. @Meermin

View attachment 1644241 View attachment 1644242
I really enjoy the side profile of these boots. I regret going to the rubber sole option, I tried emailing Meermin about switching to it soles and it was too late. View attachment 1644243 View attachment 1644245
A close inspection of the welt, it’s not the cleanest but the welt wasn’t the biggest determinant attribute of getting a pair. View attachment 1644246
This is weird right here, if you look closely you’ll see pen outlining the heel. I thought it was funny. View attachment 1644247
This is as much variation I got on my pair of toscanello booty. Not much marbling/variation like other toscanello hides. View attachment 1644248 View attachment 1644244
Hello, what is the model number for this boot? This stitch down Meermin is very unusual.

Taracta

Reaction score
Deliveries are being made for the Meermin seconds sale. I got mine delivered today, can't wait to reach home to check my order out.

boyoi

Reaction score
My Field Boot MTO in Cognac Utah on JR. First pair of Meermins so I was anxious about sizing. Half size down on the Hok last is a great fit - without the insert of course.
1E4E6A2D-57E9-45D6-9D6B-1198939B1509.jpeg

F0DBE097-D48A-47DD-AC5A-F63D8DDF54F1.jpeg

6073712A-B8EC-4814-BEFE-C0F356D9C83C.jpeg

Attachments

• 60B9678C-B5AD-477F-98DE-93FC3F876B3C.jpeg
    60B9678C-B5AD-477F-98DE-93FC3F876B3C.jpeg
    328.8 KB · Views: 22

Mirage-

Reaction score
Just the same here in France : 4 pairs delivered (1 order out of 2). 1 perfect is perfect and 3 have light defects.
what were those defect? I'd love to partecipate in the sales but no photo and no return (illegally) seems a sure way to get scammed. For example I'd get ones with marked soles without thinking twice, but would never buy those with clear deep stains in visible parts.

Hamiste

Reaction score
what were those defect? I'd love to partecipate in the sales but no photo and no return (illegally) seems a sure way to get scammed. For example I'd get ones with marked soles without thinking twice, but would never buy those with clear deep stains in visible parts.
Yes I can understand. I will take pictures of the faulty parts so that you can figure out. But, again, it's a lottery...

Mirage-

Reaction score
I suppose if more than 1 in 2 is wearable by my standard, it's statistically worth it, ahah. Thanks for the help.

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was a sale on "seconds", with different kind of defects. Each pair is different to the other, so it's quite impossible to have photos on every item. If you decide to buy, you are accepting their terms (no returns, as it is a "seconds" sale), so it's not illegal. If you feel that you are going to get scammed, simple solution, do not buy.

boyoi

Reaction score
For once, the stitching work and the overall built of the boot seem really good. They seem to be a very nice catch.

The heel pad of the boots have the "Linea Maestro" stamp so this MTO would have cleaner stitchwork and construction than the regular line. Happy with how they turned out!

Mirage-

Reaction score
It was a sale on "seconds", with different kind of defects. Each pair is different to the other, so it's quite impossible to have photos on every item. If you decide to buy, you are accepting their terms (no returns, as it is a "seconds" sale), so it's not illegal. If you feel that you are going to get scammed, simple solution, do not buy.
I don't want to repeat what's already been said, but if you insist, yes, it *is* in fact illegal in EU. All online sales are returnable within at least 14 days, excluding custom order, plain tickets and a few others. No mention of factory seconds, final sales or any such thing.
It doesn't matter what their terms say, they cannot override the law. In fact I'm pretty sure someone here was able to strong arm then into accepting it after a long fight.
And I know what seconds are, thank you. I want to see some real examples so that I may take an educated guess at whether I want to take the chance.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics