• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing. I'm glad to see that is still how they are doing it. Mine must just be an oversight. Here is how my insoles look without the insert:

View attachment 1642415

As you can see it is missing the thin leather heel cover that your pair have. I just emailed Meermin about this. I really hope they will send me a set for my boots. I guess I would just glue them in.
Not sure what response you got, Meermin CS replied to me and said they would send me heel covers for both pairs of mine.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are people getting shipping notifications from the boot MTO?
Yeah. I’ve been getting redundant notifications which is appreciated. I received my boots about an hour ago or so, so if you’re on the West Coast I’d assume yours should be arriving soon. I’m in Southern California.

joman8390

Reaction score
Received the Heritage shell cordovan jumper boots today. Here’s a few pics of them straight out of the box.

View attachment 1642363 View attachment 1642364 View attachment 1642365
I am very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the shell. They nailed it this time. By far the best I’ve seen yet from any of the Meermin shell pairs I’ve owned including Shinki and Rocado offerings. Perhaps more like the Comipel shell that Grant Stone uses. It’s definitely not the standard Lis Royal that they have used in the past.

The fit is too tight for me with the inserts, but very roomy with inserts removed. They are very nice inserts though. Very thick and comfortable looking. I would definitely have gone a half size up if I knew so that I could use them. For reference I am an 8.5D in Barrie and a 7.5E UK in the HOK last. These are a 7.5E UK but moving forward I will go with 8E on this last with the Ultraflex.

I’ve owned 5 pair of Meermins before and didn’t keep any of them but these I will certainly be keeping. I’m very happy with the QA and the high quality of the shell. I would highly recommend their Heritage Shell offerings even at a higher price. These are stupid cheap for what you get.

When the inserts are removed the nail heads are exposed on the insole. I put a thin leather insole in them and all feels good. No issues at all. Still, I wish they had finished them with the standard thin leather insole heel covering they put in non Ultraflex shoes for those who choose to remove the inserts.

those look great!

please post pics are you break them in. I’m curious to see how the heritage shell rolls and patinas.

cop1211

Reaction score
No notifications for me, but I did order 4 pairs
1627022976195.png
1627022976195.png

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They said the same to me. I’m glad they were accommodating to us.
Yeah me too. In my correspondence with them, they reminded me the waxy shell was actually on the ROD last. They only use the Ultraflex on the ROD and MON lasts, and with the Ultraflex they adjust accordingly for normal sizing. So, the Ultraflex is made to only be worn with the inserts, and for one to order their normal UK size. So I should have ordered my normal UK8.5 on this Ultraflex system

Skelnik

Reaction score
those look great!

please post pics are you break them in. I’m curious to see how the heritage shell rolls and patinas.
Yes, me too. First impressions are great but only time will tell how these hold up. I'm very curious to see how they do with water spots. I purchased these to be sort of a knock around pair so I plan to wear them in bad weather and really put them through their paces. I probably won't be wearing them too much in the near future as I haven't returned to the office yet, but I'll post some pics of them as they age. So far I have only been wearing them around the house.

I really like the Ultraflex too. I can tell the difference over the standard full cork foot bed and it is very comfortable. I'm curious to see how that holds up as well and then what happens when it's time to get them re-soled.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m a 9 UK in Hiro & 8.5 UK in Rui & Rois and went with a 8.5 UK in the HOK; great fit! The 9 UK would’ve been too long.
This horse ass feels pretty soft.
Does Meermin send inserts with every boot on the HOK last? If so, that’s really impressive and a good way to increase foot volume, if one missed size or prefers closer fitting boots.
I’m happy to say these fit very well, I did the initial try on with thin socks and could wear them with medium thick socks. Oddly, I don’t think I like the shape of the HOK last.
I’m very happy with my boots and regret not getting another pair in the ridge unicorn. @Meermin

1EC077B8-CF83-4E55-A9D3-8E2298B10254.jpeg
54A95BEF-FB0E-4A8C-9757-666F7F10C07D.jpeg

I really enjoy the side profile of these boots. I regret going to the rubber sole option, I tried emailing Meermin about switching to it soles and it was too late.
E533900A-57E8-4D67-92E7-D7BDF1295A6F.jpeg
091C2FEC-5C32-4343-B886-E9C2F383EC87.jpeg

A close inspection of the welt, it’s not the cleanest but the welt wasn’t the biggest determinant attribute of getting a pair.
C4F8EB78-1BE2-461D-874D-4FDD59B79D55.jpeg

This is weird right here, if you look closely you’ll see pen outlining the heel. I thought it was funny.
F5F9F0FC-3103-4EC9-AB62-4638C77C65BB.jpeg

This is as much variation I got on my pair of toscanello booty. Not much marbling/variation like other toscanello hides.
5F2B501D-6479-4FE4-B4C8-41EE73918B8E.jpeg
9A5CB554-5003-4AA5-981E-0FD8126F9DD0.jpeg

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m a 9 UK in Hiro & 8.5 UK in Rui & Rois and went with a 8.5 UK in the HOK; great fit! The 9 UK would’ve been too long.
Does Meermin send inserts with every boot on the HOK last? If so, that’s really impressive and a good way to increase foot volume, if one missed size or prefers closer fitting boots.
I’m happy to say these fit very well, I did the initial try on with thin socks and could wear them with medium thick socks. Oddly, I don’t think I like the shape of the HOK last.
I’m very happy with my boots and regret not getting another pair in the ridge unicorn. @Meermin

View attachment 1644241 View attachment 1644242
I really enjoy the side profile of these boots. I regret going to the rubber sole option, I tried emailing Meermin about switching to it soles and it was too late. View attachment 1644243 View attachment 1644245
A close inspection of the welt, it’s not the cleanest but the welt wasn’t the biggest determinant attribute of getting a pair. View attachment 1644246
This is weird right here, if you look closely you’ll see pen outlining the heel. I thought it was funny. View attachment 1644247
This is as much variation I got on my pair of toscanello booty. Not much marbling/variation like other toscanello hides. View attachment 1644248 View attachment 1644244
Beautiful pair of plain toe boots. Is this shell, and if so what color? The shape of the plain toe HOK, is very reminiscent of the C&J Snowdon to me.

I believe the added inserts are something new they have begun doing. I got the inserts with my Havane hatch grain on HOK, but I didn’t get them with my green shell NST pair on HOK.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful pair of plain toe boots. Is this shell, and if so what color? The shape of the plain toe HOK, is very reminiscent of the C&J Snowdon to me.

I believe the added inserts are something new they have begun doing. I got the inserts with my Havane hatch grain on HOK, but I didn’t get them with my green shell NST pair on HOK.
Thank you and no, it’s Maryam toscanello borsebutt.
Now that you’ve mentioned it, they are very reminiscent of the Snowdon boots ?

I tried them on with the inserts and they’re too snug, but I didn’t like the added layer. I’m not sure if I would size up tho, as there feel just right in length. I’m thinking of using the inserts for other pairs. Didn’t you order 2 pairs? That hatch grain looks great.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The rubber soles look great. I wish all my "mistakes" turned out to be as nice as this one.

View attachment 1644241 View attachment 1644242
I really enjoy the side profile of these boots. I regret going to the rubber sole option, I tried emailing Meermin about switching to it soles and it was too late. View attachment 1644243 View attachment 1644245
A close inspection of the welt, it’s not the cleanest but the welt wasn’t the biggest determinant attribute of getting a pair. View attachment 1644246
This is weird right here, if you look closely you’ll see pen outlining the heel. I thought it was funny. View attachment 1644247
This is as much variation I got on my pair of toscanello booty. Not much marbling/variation like other toscanello hides. View attachment 1644248 View attachment 1644244

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics