• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lfzhao5

Reaction score
Received tracking for the custom boot event
View attachment 1640100

Nice! Can't wait to see how it turned out!

For those ordering from Canada, we can stop thinking about shipping with USPS. I asked @Meermin repeatedly when placing the MTO to ship with USPS. Like bolding the letters, and repeatedly stress no UPS. They said no problem! Can be done. I was so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!

I figure it's over 900 CAD dollars this time around, finally I get to ship with USPS.

Turns out, its just a pipe dream. Messaged Meermin this week, and told me my field boot MTO is coming 1st week of August via UPS.

tenor.gif

WSB17

Reaction score

For those ordering from Canada, we can stop thinking about shipping with USPS. I asked @Meermin repeatedly when placing the MTO to ship with USPS. Like bolding the letters, and repeatedly stress no UPS. They said no problem! Can be done. I was so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!

I figure it's over 900 CAD dollars this time around, finally I get to ship with USPS.

Turns out, its just a pipe dream. Messaged Meermin this week, and told me my field boot MTO is coming 1st week of August via UPS.

tenor.gif
Thanks for sharing this..
I'm in Ontario and this is something I've had to straggle with many times..
Private couriers (UPS, FedEx) seem to charge a ridiculous amount of brokerage fee when going through Canadian customs.
So I prefer to ship using USPS as well.

I have recently tried this with J. Fitzpatrick (shipped from NY, US), they actually have USPS as an option at checkout, and I was only charged the customs charges, no brokerage fees. Altogether it was ~ $80 CAD cheaper than UPS.

Meermin customer service is horrendous and you have to push them few times to actually pay attention.
But I will definitely try it next time (if I ever order from Meermin again).

zurich64

Reaction score

tenor.gif
If the shipment is from Europe, how do they use USPS for single orders? By shipping it to USA via ups/fedex then to you by USPS?

lfzhao5

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this..
I'm in Ontario and this is something I've had to straggle with many times..
Private couriers (UPS, FedEx) seem to charge a ridiculous amount of brokerage fee when going through Canadian customs.
So I prefer to ship using USPS as well.

I have recently tried this with J. Fitzpatrick (shipped from NY, US), they actually have USPS as an option at checkout, and I was only charged the customs charges, no brokerage fees. Altogether it was ~ $80 CAD cheaper than UPS.

Meermin customer service is horrendous and you have to push them few times to actually pay attention.
But I will definitely try it next time (if I ever order from Meermin again).

Yep, I don't have a problem with UPS charging me the correct amount, they do not that is the problem.

After I get them to fix it to the right amount, guess what? I get a mail couple of month down the road that the amount I am not suppose to pay is at collections, and they try and force me to pay.

UPS is run by scammers. We never use UPS at work, that goes to show how good UPS really is.

WSB17

Reaction score
Yep, I don't have a problem with UPS charging me the correct amount, they do not that is the problem.

After I get them to fix it to the right amount, guess what? I get a mail couple of month down the road that the amount I am not suppose to pay is at collections, and they try and force me to pay.

UPS is run by scammers. We never use UPS at work, that goes to show how good UPS really is.

Yeah, same thing happened to me last year... I got the letter/bill 2 months later.
I asked why didn't they collect the charges when they delivered the package ?
They said because it is surface mail and due to the covid situations they don't do that anymore, they don't even collect signatures anymore it seems (They just rang the bell and left it at the front door).
But see I wasn't even informed at the time, not by phone nor by email, nothing.. although I have a business account with them.
Finally they agreed to charge only 25% of the original charges.

That's when I learned my lesson never to use UPS.

lfzhao5

Reaction score
Yeah, same thing happened to me last year... I got the letter/bill 2 months later.
I asked why didn't they collect the charges when they delivered the package ?
They said because it is surface mail and due to the covid situations they don't do that anymore, they don't even collect signatures anymore it seems (They just rang the bell and left it at the front door).
But see I wasn't even informed at the time, not by phone nor by email, nothing.. although I have a business account with them.
Finally they agreed to charge only 25% of the original charges.

That's when I learned my lesson never to use UPS.
Jesus, UPS needs to burn in hell.

My case was, I phoned in to do self declare, because they want to slap duty on my package. Then, they realize they can't scam me, and removed the duty. So I paid the CORRECT amount to UPS. They released my package.

2 month later, surprise, we send the duty amount to collection, because UPS want your money even thought you paid lol. I still haven't paid the collections, I emailed, phoned spend countless hours with UPS, and their customer support, they supports my case. BUT for some F&*#$@ reason they can't resolve this issue.

There is a special place in hell for all the incompetent executives @ UPS.

Sinbios

Reaction score
If the shipment is from Europe, how do they use USPS for single orders? By shipping it to USA via ups/fedex then to you by USPS?
They probably ship all the North America orders together in a shipping container or something, and distribute them from their NA warehouse.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Havana hatch grain stitch downs showed up. On every other Meermin last I own, (Hiro, Rui), I’m a UK8.5. The UK8, on the HOK last, fits my foot perfectly with inserts removed.
7F57FC56-13DE-442F-BA2C-FD4990198044.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads