• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1632144 View attachment 1632145 View attachment 1632149 View attachment 1632143

If someone were to tell me that these are shell I would probably raise an eyebrow, but supposedly they are and the boots look better than I thought. They are a bit more reddish, and they don't look like CXL, CXL is a bit more yellowish/green in comparison.They are relatively easy to leave marks.

Fit wise, they fit like an actual boot (I don't know how Meermin pushes for a last like Hiro) The ROD/HOK last is definitely more comfortable. I like my boots to fit snug, so I sized down 0.5. If you don't like that, go TTS. (Brannock 9.5) and I took UK8.

Very nice boots. Congrats.

Is nice to hear that you have almost solved the size issues. I got some Bally inserts that are very very thin and helped me with some voluminous lasts,

zurich64

Reaction score
This…
I would be very surprised if one were able to stretch shell Cordovan to make a pair of shoes fit better.
Shell does stretch. You need a proper shoe stretcher, not a shoe tree. It is easy to make 0.5 size up, or a bit wider, if shoes are uncomfortable.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tumblr_ms0b0px7MX1rweb1bo1_500.gif

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shell does stretch. You need a proper shoe stretcher, not a shoe tree. It is easy to make 0.5 size up, or a bit wider, if shoes are uncomfortable.
lol…1/2 size…good luck with that.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want an unlined shell chukka from meermin. Now! I'm gen z so I should get what I want immediately

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really liking the look of the Heritage Shell Chelsea Boots. Was holding out for a brown CXL Chukka, but those hell Chelsea’s are just gorgeous. How is the Rod Last?? I am a 9E in Grant Stone Leo with thick socks, 8UK in SoH Loafer with no socks/thin socks, EU42 in Margom Sneakers, and wear a 9D in Grant Atone Alexander Last (8.5E probably would be better). Would 8UK be best as I heard the HOK last, which the ROD is based, is usually larger like the Leo.

lfzhao5

Reaction score
Really liking the look of the Heritage Shell Chelsea Boots. Was holding out for a brown CXL Chukka, but those hell Chelsea’s are just gorgeous. How is the Rod Last?? I am a 9E in Grant Stone Leo with thick socks, 8UK in SoH Loafer with no socks/thin socks, EU42 in Margom Sneakers, and wear a 9D in Grant Atone Alexander Last (8.5E probably would be better). Would 8UK be best as I heard the HOK last, which the ROD is based, is usually larger like the Leo.

8.5 Rod, probably, shell don't stretch like CXL. Or 8 if you want thin socks

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8.5 Rod, probably, shell don't stretch like CXL. Or 8 if you want thin socks
I usually wear cushion DT or Icebreaker socks during FW seasons. Does anyone else have experience between Leo & ROD/HOK?

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the only one, but if this GMTO was on any other of their established round last in which I could easily figure out my sizing, I'd jump in. Thus, sadly, I'm refraining.

The waxy tobacco looks really nice and it has a commando sole which is even better.

rdugz

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the only one, but if this GMTO was on any other of their established round last in which I could easily figure out my sizing, I'd jump in. Thus, sadly, I'm refraining.

The waxy tobacco looks really nice and it has a commando sole which is even better.
Plus they are on soles that haven't been used before? Anyone have any insights on the "City Lug" or the Itshide one?

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Plus they are on soles that haven't been used before? Anyone have any insights on the "City Lug" or the Itshide one?
Damn, even better. I hadn't acknowledged it until you mentioned it, but yes, it's a new sole they're offering. Initially, I assumed it was a low-profile commando sole, but it seems very reminiscent of Alden's commando sole with a full rubber instead of a partial.

rdugz

Reaction score
Damn, even better. I hadn't acknowledged it until you mentioned it, but yes, it's a new sole they're offering. Initially, I assumed it was a low-profile commando sole, but it seems very reminiscent of Alden's commando sole with a full rubber instead of a partial.
I know, I was really digging this MTO but final sale on a newer last and a new type of soles is .... not ideal, to say the least.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads