• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t understand this boot campaign in the middle of the summer. They will be delivered in August and you will have to wait at least two months to actualy wear them.

Meanwhile mto loafers were delivered. Well made and delivered on time. Nothing unique,I believe they have them on rtw now.

View attachment 1620524
A lot of us wear boots year long.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm normally a UK8, but I found Hiro in UK8 to be too narrow. Lengthwise it was fine. Volume is barely any bigger at HOK UK7.5 than UK8 Hiro.

View attachment 1621716

Edit: Here's what Meermin said: "The HOK last is slightly longer and wider in the toes compared with the HIRO. if you wear an 8K in Carmina Rain, the same size would be perfect on the HOK" (I stated I wear UK8 in Carmina Rain and that Hiro 8 was too narrow).
Hiro is snug and thin socks only at 8.5UK, the HOK had good toe room finally and I can wear boot socks which I always prefer with boots. People tend to be split on whether they size down or not.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone remember when the recent Custom Field Boot GMTOs are due.....I actually forgot about them, but can't remember if it was July or August? or June........?

Contango

Reaction score
I don’t understand this boot campaign in the middle of the summer. They will be delivered in August and you will have to wait at least two months to actualy wear them.
Not everyone lives in the Northern Hemisphere :rolleyes:

zurich64

Reaction score
I agree with you, nevertheless you would have a known pedigree tannery name attached to them, in the light of all demands in former posts for transparency and disclosure of the shell tannery used for the previously priced boots. The difference in price is clearly the difference between Rocinante and Horween names and what they have to offer. Still, it's a good price if you compare it, among others, to Alden, Carmina or C&J Horween shell offerings.
I doubt the difference is worth an extra $240, I have both Shinki (meermin) and Horween shell (from AE) and don't really find those to be much different.

lfzhao5

Reaction score
Does anyone remember when the recent Custom Field Boot GMTOs are due.....I actually forgot about them, but can't remember if it was July or August? or June........?

Suppose to be June, but it's probably delayed when all the MTO before it is delayed. I'm guessing middle of july.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish I read this thread more closely before placing an order at the beginning of May. They told me it would take 4 weeks because it is a normal shoes that they stock. I said I needed the shoes for a wedding at the end of June and needed the shoes by June 20. They told me it wouldn’t be an issue.

Today they said they’ll ship after June 20. So 4 weeks turned into at least 7-8 weeks.

Now I need to find another place to get shoes because they have to be a specific color (outside of my control).

Probably going to have to open a credit card dispute now, which I hate doing.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I doubt the difference is worth an extra $240, I have both Shinki (meermin) and Horween shell (from AE) and don't really find those to be much different.
Given the choice between Shinki and Horween shell I would pick Horween everytime, but it can get murky why you should pay a little over 200 more for the Horween. Shinki is still good shell and the ROI on shell is quite finnicky as well.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Rain ruined the shot..
E608A01B-EBA4-4CAD-B54F-7A5BCE2E3EC4.jpeg

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Potatoe

Reaction score
Hiro is snug and thin socks only at 8.5UK, the HOK had good toe room finally and I can wear boot socks which I always prefer with boots. People tend to be split on whether they size down or not.
To be honest I'm utterly stuned that anyone can wear the same size in HOK and HIRO. For me they aren't even close. My feet are basically average in terms of width.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads