• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20210515_162548.jpg
20210515_162543.jpg
20210515_162536.jpg
20210515_162524.jpg

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First set of pictures is in sunlight, second in a closet non sun light,

Darker than the stock photos.

I've looked them over, not with a magnifying glass or anything, just a quick once over and no complaints,

Took the laces out for a quick fit test, maybe could have went another half size down, but for my first blind order not to bad!

About to go chill with the wife, I'll report back maybe tomorrow if I get a chance to wear them.

I can proudly say worth the wait and every penny!!

Shoeaffic

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm looking for some advice on the Rod last (chukkas). I was hoping to try them on in the nyc store to avoid ordering the wrong size but Meermin said the store won't open before August so i'm just going to have to bite the bullet. I've read here (and Meermin's suggestion) that they fit true to size but I don't find this advice helpful. I have a normal forefoot but relatively narrow heels; for that reason, I wear 9,5UK in Hiro (a last that doesn't fit me very well anyway, since it's narrow on the forefoot but wide at the heel for some reason), but the 9UK in both Elton and Jim fit me perfectly (also in terms of feet shape, since they're narrow heels but relatively normal forefoot). I'm usually between these two sizes in most all shoe brands. Hence, should I go with the Hiro 9,5UK or does anyone recommend going with the Elton 9UK. And does the Rod last have good heel grip or is it wide and loose? I hope someone here might be able to provide some guidance!

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20210517_111844.jpg

At least the scuffing is even. These are now my loudest pair by a mile.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was it supposed to be museum shell? I bet this must be the weirdest color combination I have seen to date. At least they certainly are one of a kind.
It's the scuffed cherry, and they didn't turn out great color wise. I have no idea why meermin thought it was a good idea to do bright for the toes and dark for the quarters, but it was their first attempt at this and they aren't known for this kind of thing either. They fit well though. I was hoping to wear boot socks with them and sticking with my normal UK size worked out.

standaloneprotein

Reaction score
It's the scuffed cherry, and they didn't turn out great color wise. I have no idea why meermin thought it was a good idea to do bright for the toes and dark for the quarters, but it was their first attempt at this and they aren't known for this kind of thing either. They fit well though. I was hoping to wear boot socks with them and sticking with my normal UK size worked out.
Could you please share more photos?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could you please share more photos?
Here's a few. I'll have more time later in the week to take more/better ones.
20210517_212330.jpg

20210517_212323.jpg
20210517_212316.jpg

If these had just been a bit more uniform they would have been great. I gotta figure out how to even up the lighter portions. In bright light the contrast gets even stronger.

Usonian

Reaction score

might have just been a dogshit clicker, cause while I would agree with you regarding where the dark v light should go, I think overall that's actually a really nice couple pieces of leather and a solid boot overall.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads