• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

delfam

Reaction score
hello all,
does anyone know, or can Meermin give us an estimate of the date for the nyc store reopening? there are some pairs i'd like to purchase but given they're in a last i haven't tried yet, i'd like to stop by the store first to make sure i order the right size. i hope it opens soon enough!
I'd like to know this as well. Tagging @Meermin

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So my shoes are pretty much broken in now. My steps (pun intended) was wearing them 3 days a week. Going for 15 - 20 min walks at lunch time (WFH). It took about 10 wears to break them in.
The first 2-3 wears, the leather was stiff and the shoe was tight (elton last) . But they have softened up and my pinky toe is no longer in discomfort. I did not experience the some of the horror stories that I have read on here and Reddit regarding break in, thankfully. Yes it was tight and uncomfortable but not unbearable to walk in.

In future, I plan to buy more from Meermin. Probably on to boots now as I know my sizing and my new job is very casual to the point where we can wear jeans and sneakers.

heybear

Reaction score
Can anyone offer a comparison between Rui and AE 65 in a E wide fitting? I've read a lot of posts about people sizing down in the Rui because of the extra width. But would the Rui fit fairly TTS if you're a AE 65 E?

Also, what's the instep like on Rui? I have my eye on a pair of boots.

deinonihus

Reaction score
Has anybody had experience with 101387 - RUST WAXY COMMANDER?
I'm looking for a boot that I could wear when going hiking or fishing or just with casual outfit on rainy days.
I'm a bit worried about the fit, since I have a rather low instep. I have a pair of double monks on hiro last and I use the last hole in the strap. But maybe it would still be fine considering laces and thicker socks?

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my shipping notification
Got mine yesterday as well!

Estimated delivery is tomorrow, though I'm not going to hold my breath on that, since as of last night it said label created, unless their warehouse is close to me, or they are doing next day I'm guessing Monday, or Tuesday at the latest. Either way I'm super stoked!

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got mine yesterday as well!

Estimated delivery is tomorrow, though I'm not going to hold my breath on that, since as of last night it said label created, unless their warehouse is close to me, or they are doing next day I'm guessing Monday, or Tuesday at the latest. Either way I'm super stoked!
Mine is estimated tomorrow too so 50/50 it actually arrives Monday haha

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All MTOs across the board are delayed yeah; I'm just hoping I do get a shipping notification instead of just a surprise like last time.
I’ve done a couple of MTOs in the past and don’t recall ever getting a shipping notice. I did get a consolation prize of a wooden shoe horn and polishing brush once for a late delivery.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve done a couple of MTOs in the past and don’t recall ever getting a shipping notice. I did get a consolation prize of a wooden shoe horn and polishing brush once for a late delivery.
I didnt get em before, I had to contact customer service and have them fix it on their end and its now working finally

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20210515_161252.jpg
20210515_161244.jpg
20210515_161237.jpg
20210515_161233.jpg
20210515_161228.jpg
20210515_161221.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads