• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday arrived a pair of suede boots from Meermin.

Model: NST Boot
Sole: Commando / Ithside
Last: HOK
Welt: 360

The boot is very well made, I believe that the version in suede I got is unavailable. It seams that will take some patience to break in.

IMG_5362.JPG
IMG_5363.JPG
IMG_5365.JPG

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What last is similar to the Elton last but with a wider toe box?

iva80

Reaction score
Similar to another poster, I also have a pair of the suede ultraflex shoes on the ROD last, although I have a pair of bluchers, rather than chukka boots. I have a couple of pairs of boots on the HOK last.

I take the same size - UK9 - in both lasts.

When I initially received my ROD shoes, they felt a bit snug and I was concerned that I should have gone up half-a-size. However, after a couple of hours of wearing them, they softened up and the innersole compacted a bit and now the fit is brilliant - if I'd gone up half-a-size, they would definitely have been too big for me once they softened up.

The HOK boots, on the other hand, were fine from the very beginning. HOK is a more voluminous, or generous, last which is both longer and has more room around the foot.

you mean hok feels both longer and more voluminous than rod?
Do you also own other meermin lasts?

Thanks

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how long it takes Meermin to restock shoes? I want to order the gold museum double monks for a wedding I’m going to in late June. Are they generally responsive if I ask?

I’m a 8.5D in AE 5 last, 8 in Carmina Rain, 8 in Carmina Inca. Would a 8 in the ROI be the best fit?

Last edited:

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how long it takes Meermin to restock shoes? I want to order the gold museum double monks for a wedding I’m going to in late June. Are they generally responsive if I ask?

I’m a 8.5D in AE 5 last, 8 in Carmina Rain, 8 in Carmina Inca. Would a 8 in the ROI be the best fit?
Fairly quick from what I have seen relative to this niche, but if you're on a time schedule then I'd email them. It seems like Meermin is currently overhauling their offerings alluding to their recent sale, so it can be an offering they're planning to restock.

Rimaarts

Reaction score
Anyone alive in this thread? My research has led me to say it would be the HIRO and the RIU. But opinions welcomed.
Similar how? Elton is pointy(meermin version of chisel?) while hiro is almond… but “I” would take same size in both….

Frozenhaze

Reaction score
Anyone alive in this thread? My research has led me to say it would be the HIRO and the RIU. But opinions welcomed.
I own all three of them, Elton, HIRO and RUI. I'd say HIRO and Elton are both narrow lasts and have less toeroom compared to RUI. RUI is by far the roomiest and the most comfortable last of these.

GuyLab

Reaction score
Anyone having experience with MON last and how it fits? There are two upcoming MTO monks (kudu and waxy commander) built on this last

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics