• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For any Canadians wondering.

I paid $187 CDN for the shoes
$19.11 for shipping
$24 for taxes , 0 duty
And $11.30 for UPS brokerage fee

Comes out to $242.42 CDN dollars.

@Potatoe I posted earlier.

I got these shoes. They are on the Elton last

1619200928214.png

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1598614

Shoes came in. Ignore my Nike WFH pants. The colour really pops and I sized it correctly.
However, I'm hoping it will stretch out a tad as my pinky toe is slightly hitting the side of the shoe. Length wise, I still have about .5 to an inch of space when I walk around on the carpet.

There are very minor defects but not a big deal as I can't expect a perfect shoe at $187 CDN. These are the most aesthetic pleasing dress shoe I've gotten. All my previous dress shoes were from AE.

Now lets see a month from now if I get charged extra in fees
My friend who has that pair, said the same thing about the pinky toe. After they broke in and with some moisturizer it felt better for him.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there any extra shipping charges to the U.S.?
The $800 amount is where one runs the risk of triggering extra fees, in the U.S.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Changed the laces to flat ones. Small change but significant visual improvement IMO. BTW Olfe last is a really good looking last, why so few shoes are done on this last?

View attachment 1596577
Agree with you. Olfe is a great last. I only have two Meermin shoes, both in Olfe (one of them the same beautiful Felipe II you are posting) . I think that last just goes for HW?. By the way, nice laces change.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, took my shoes for a quick 15 min walk around the block. On youtube a gentleman mentioned that the Elton last is the narrowest he's tried.

All my Meermin experts, what is another last that is a bit wider in the toe box than the Elton? I like the shape of the Elton, but the toe box as of right now is a little too narrow.

Let's hope I don't go down this rabbit hole and end up purchasing more darn boots and shoes from Meermin. My wallet may not be safe

Wild Strawberry Rabbit

Reaction score
Agree with you. Olfe is a great last. I only have two Meermin shoes, both in Olfe (one of them the same beautiful Felipe II you are posting) . I think that last just goes for HW?. By the way, nice laces change.
Thanks! I think that right now they are offerring only 2 or 3 pairs on Olfe last and all are in Classic line.

Kalec

Reaction score
Any ideas on newly waxed shell cordovan from an "undisclosed family owned" tannery?

Also seems odd to me that it is relatively cheaper than any other shell boot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads