• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ziqianzhu

Reaction score
For any Canadians wondering.

I paid $187 CDN for the shoes
$19.11 for shipping
$24 for taxes , 0 duty
And $11.30 for UPS brokerage fee

Comes out to $242.42 CDN dollars.
Meermin has improved a lot on international orders. I ordered two pairs of Meermins 4 years ago. They shipped with DHL and DHL charged me CAD 140 on duties. Since that, I have been super cautious with orders from outside Canada.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meermin has improved a lot on international orders. I ordered two pairs of Meermins 4 years ago. They shipped with DHL and charged me CAD 140. Since that, I have been super cautious with orders from outside Canada.

$140 for? Shipping? Taxes? Duty?

If meermin did free shipping to the USA. I could go that route as I have family in the USA. But I notice they still charge for shipping.

Ziqianzhu

Reaction score
$140 for? Shipping? Taxes? Duty?

If meermin did free shipping to the USA. I could go that route as I have family in the USA. But I notice they still charge for shipping.
I asked DHL to decompose the fee. As I can recall, they charged around 20 CAD for brokerage and the rest is tax and duties.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I asked DHL to decompose the fee. As I can recall, they charged around 20 CAD for brokerage and the rest is tax and duties.

They shipped my order via UPS. Not sure if it makes a difference by carrier. I wonder if they use usps as an alternative. I know FedEx and ups aren't too bad with their brokerage fees.

That's ridiculous that you had to pay $140. It's difficult to purchase quality dress shoes in Toronto, and I keep reading great things about Meermin. So I figured I'd give them a shot. Even though, I've been wearing socks and no shoes for months now

lfzhao5

Reaction score
I got mine shipped with UPS, and got hit with a 150 CAD dollar duty. When I called to self declare, that duty got magically waived, and I only had to pay like 30 bucks for tax + handling fee for UPS to drop off my shoes.

Wait, but there is more. A month later got an invoice from UPS for the duty I didn't pay.

Let me tell you, it was so difficult to get them to remove that invoice. Took me 4 hours of calling, went through 6 fing departments to get to the person with the authority to believe my story, and the catch is, I have everything in email as proof that duty was waived by UPS due to brakeage error. I'm never using UPS again.

We need to get Meermin to ship only USPS. UPS needs to burn in hell, and go bankrupt.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got mine shipped with UPS, and got hit with a 150 CAD dollar duty. When I called to self declare, that duty got magically waived, and I only had to pay like 30 bucks for tax + handling fee for UPS to drop off my shoes.

Wait, but there is more. A month later got an invoice from UPS for the duty I didn't pay.

Let me tell you, it was so difficult to get them to remove that invoice. Took me 4 hours of calling, went through 6 fing departments to get to the person with the authority to believe my story, and the catch is, I have everything in email as proof that duty was waived by UPS due to brakeage error. I'm never using UPS again.

We need to get Meermin to ship only USPS. UPS needs to burn in hell, and go bankrupt.

That's terrible. I wonder why meermin doesn't use usps. I'll have to inquire

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
First wear, Haas cognac
177B9B47-6795-44F7-B607-9068608991D6.jpeg

lfzhao5

Reaction score
That's terrible. I wonder why meermin doesn't use usps. I'll have to inquire

The recent MTO, I got Meermin to ship with USPS, but If it comes with UPS again, I will get my credit card company involved.

I hate UPS with passion. 4 hour of my life is alot of money.

Ziqianzhu

Reaction score
The recent MTO, I got Meermin to ship with USPS, but If it comes with UPS again, I will get my credit card company involved.

I hate UPS with passion. 4 hour of my life is alot of money.
This morning, I had a notification from UPS for duties of one shipment and I paid it immediately. This afternoon, a UPS guy knocked on my door to deliver the package while I was in an important meeting. My wife answered and he asked my wife to pay the duties again. My meeting finished earlier than my wife made the payment. I told this guy the payment was made, and the guy asked for receipt. While I was looking for the receipt online, he said he didn’t have time and left. What poor information system and process.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any signs of the Marbled Shell MTO's in the wild yet? Still waiting...........................

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any signs of the Marbled Shell MTO's in the wild yet? Still waiting...........................
They were supposed to ship last week or this week which is now over. I asked Meermin for an updated ship date and haven't heard back yet.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20210423_134259.jpg

Shoes came in. Ignore my Nike WFH pants. The colour really pops and I sized it correctly.
However, I'm hoping it will stretch out a tad as my pinky toe is slightly hitting the side of the shoe. Length wise, I still have about .5 to an inch of space when I walk around on the carpet.

There are very minor defects but not a big deal as I can't expect a perfect shoe at $187 CDN. These are the most aesthetic pleasing dress shoe I've gotten. All my previous dress shoes were from AE.

Now lets see a month from now if I get charged extra in fees

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads