• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hedfunk

Reaction score
My custom chukka boots arrived, CF Stead Suede - very happy with them. My only minor criticism is the laces feel poor quality, but that's an east replacement on my part.

IMG_20210420_162447.jpg
IMG_20210420_162456.jpg

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any Canadians get hit with extra fees from ups? My shoes were shipped today.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any idea ball park cost?
Well for taxes just use your normal GST/HST taxes you pay in province for goods by what you paid in CDN$. The brokerage portion should be about $15CDN plus tax I would say

Usonian

Reaction score
wait has anyone else received their loafers from the recent unlined MTO thing? i'm giddy with excitement for those...

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wait has anyone else received their loafers from the recent unlined MTO thing? i'm giddy with excitement for those...
I got two pairs ordered. Delivery was expected end of May so it’s early days yet. I think it’s best to forget about them until at least early June and you might just get a pleasant surprise.

Usonian

Reaction score
I got two pairs ordered. Delivery was expected end of May so it’s early days yet. I think it’s best to forget about them until at least early June and you might just get a pleasant surprise.
Thanks, yeah, I was assuming that would be the case, but was shocked that maybe they were coming in early... well, back to the back of my mind again!

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have double monk boots? I’ve always been monk-boot-curious & at Meermin’s current sale price, my curiosity is amplified.

Last edited:

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Does anyone
3A28C97C-A778-4875-9342-E282A557FB1E.jpeg
double monk boots? I’ve always been monk-boot-curious & at Meermin’s current sale price, my curiosity is amplified.
Mm, some nice ones on their. I was piqued but probs too dressy for me. My cognac Utah landed yesterday and this is far and away nicest pair yet from Meermin.

GuyLab

Reaction score
Hello gents,
Has anyone got experience with the MON/ROIS last compared to RUI ? I only have a pair of longwings on the RUI last that fit quite well albeit a bit wide around the collar and I'm unsure if I should pick the same size.
I want to order their ultraflex monkstraps on the MON last, I have contacted them and they've advised me to order the same size as I would for RUI, RON or ROIS.
Wanted to have other opinions out here because their customer service is a bit confusing at times.
Thanks in advance

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For any Canadians wondering.

I paid $187 CDN for the shoes
$19.11 for shipping
$24 for taxes , 0 duty
And $11.30 for UPS brokerage fee

Comes out to $242.42 CDN dollars.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads