• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Patrick1053

Thank you. I'm going on a gamble here. I'm a size 10D on the brannock and literally only have one pair of chukka's from Spier and Mackay that are 9D that fine. I figured my Meermin size would be the same in the 8UK which is a 9 in US sizing. If it doesn't work, I'll resell

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is the HOK last?? I have a pair of Grant Stone Edwards in 9E that fit me perfectly with Darn Tough cushion socks. I have tried the RON last in 8.5UK, but was too narrow and long. Would the HOK in 8UK work? (I believe hearing the HOK was generous and almost 0.5 size big)

yshin10

Reaction score
@Meermin what's the best way to take care of your Tobacco Alpine Calf? Saphir medium brown? pommedliar and pate de luxe?

Gavinband

Reaction score
Hi all. Curious what you guys think of my situation.

I bought an MTO pair of loafers some time ago, paid extra for better soles. They were delivered but unfortunately the right shoe is smaller than the left, I cannot even remotely get the shoe on my foot.

I emailed Meermin about this and they said I could send back. This was during covid, and unfortunately I had to shield due to a vulnerable partner, rarely left the home, went through work issues due to large restructure at work (thankfully resolved) etc. Now life is slowly returning to normal and I will return to the office, I emailed Meermin. All I am asking is to send these back at my cost and have them inspected... potentially stretched out. Meermin has flat out refused to even inspect these because they did not hear from me for a few months, despite the fact I have very valid reasons. Am I being silly here? I think their position is really harsh.....

delfam

Reaction score
I mean, you probably should have emailed them when you realized the shoes were different sizes, tell them your circumstances, and that you'd ship back in mint condition in a few months. I'm sure @Meermin might be able to help though

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What time frame are we talking? 30 days, 6 months, last year?

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Curious what you guys think of my situation.

I bought an MTO pair of loafers some time ago, paid extra for better soles. They were delivered but unfortunately the right shoe is smaller than the left, I cannot even remotely get the shoe on my foot.

I emailed Meermin about this and they said I could send back. This was during covid, and unfortunately I had to shield due to a vulnerable partner, rarely left the home, went through work issues due to large restructure at work (thankfully resolved) etc. Now life is slowly returning to normal and I will return to the office, I emailed Meermin. All I am asking is to send these back at my cost and have them inspected... potentially stretched out. Meermin has flat out refused to even inspect these because they did not hear from me for a few months, despite the fact I have very valid reasons. Am I being silly here? I think their position is really harsh.....
If you bring this issue up to @Meermin, here on styleforum, then they will probably help you. It is also possible that the shoes are the same size, but your feet are 2 different sizes. I have that issue.

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
. They were delivered but unfortunately the right shoe is smaller than the left, I cannot even remotely get the shoe on my foot.

All I am asking is to send these back at my cost and have them inspected... potentially stretched out.
If the shoe is so small that you cannot get it on your foot at all, there is no hope in stretching it, stretching is for minor adjustments

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No one's gotten shipping notification or received their scuffed shell yet right?

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No one's gotten shipping notification or received their scuffed shell yet right?
Nope, patiently waiting, well not really patient, I don't understand how people can order Alden and wait almost a year and I'm going crazy waiting since February

Gavinband

Reaction score
@Meermin, can you help, please?

The difference is vast, my foot cannot even get in and never had this issue with shoes before. I did email and notify of the fault, but then did not email for a few months after that. To be honest, I had far more on my mind due to Covid and my partner's health. All I am asking for is for Meermin to inspect the shoes at my cost, I do not think I am being outrageous.

Gavinband

Reaction score
All, to make things clear, I emailed about the fault as soon as I got the MTO shipment. It was just it took me a while to follow up due to personal circumstances. However, Meermin had offered initially to investigate the shoes but now refuse to do so. The shoes are mint, paid an uplift for the JR soles etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads