• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn guys page 3? To the top we go! let's get some traction in this thread

Usonian

Reaction score
anyone get anything from the loafer event?

i ended up getting the unlined wholecut slipper in taupe suede, which will likely become the only shoe i wear all summer...

vessy123

Reaction score
I got museum gold penny loafer with city rubber soles and string loafer in brown suede also city rubber.

steiger

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'v had these meermins for a couple of years and i'm,really happy with them. Does anyone know what these blackspots are in the shoe that have appeared a while ago. My first tought was mold but it dosen't smell at all and always when I don't wear them I use cedar shoe-trees. Also tried to scratch a little bit in the middle with my finger as you can see,it didn't come off.

Attachments

• meermin.jpg
    meermin.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 268

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone get anything from the loafer event?

i ended up getting the unlined wholecut slipper in taupe suede, which will likely become the only shoe i wear all summer...
Two pairs of French grain pennies with city soles. Burgundy and blue.
Was very tempted by a green pair too but had to let that slide as I’ve found to my cost in the past that the more out there the colour shoes, the less they get worn (cf my tangerine suede florsheim by Duckie Brown bucks!)

Usonian

Reaction score
Two pairs of French grain pennies with city soles. Burgundy and blue.
Was very tempted by a green pair too but had to let that slide as I’ve found to my cost in the past that the more out there the colour shoes, the less they get worn (cf my tangerine suede florsheim by Duckie Brown bucks!)
dear lord, yeah tangerine suede florsheims definitely sound perhaps a bit too colorful to get regular wear. I do have a dark green leather pair of loafers that I wear constantly though, and would highly recommend. but I also wear almost exclusively raw denim pants, so it kinda works for me...

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any update on how far along the Marbled Shell MTO is? Patiently waiting for my pair, and fingers crossed they fit!

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any update on how far along the Marbled Shell MTO is? Patiently waiting for my pair, and fingers crossed they fit!
Estimated delivery is April right?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, I don't have facebook/Instagram ect. didn't know if anyone seen any pictures or anything posted of progress or heard any news from other outlets
As far as I'm aware they don't do any updates and just start shipping. I know for the pie crust event I was in on they started shipping a week and a half early, but my pair shipped almost 3 weeks late.

zurich64

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'v had these meermins for a couple of years and i'm,really happy with them. Does anyone know what these blackspots are in the shoe that have appeared a while ago. My first tought was mold but it dosen't smell at all and always when I don't wear them I use cedar shoe-trees. Also tried to scratch a little bit in the middle with my finger as you can see,it didn't come off.
Looks like dried mold. Not much can be done except to change the insole.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're lucky at that if Meermin gives out an update voluntarily.

With this shinki-craze going on, who's jumping in on the new GMTO?

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're lucky at that if Meermin gives out an update voluntarily.

Still waiting for my last MTO I joined, which will be my first Meermin, so I'm not sure on sizing yet. Those green shell boots are gorgeous, but I don't want to risk spending $400+ twice if I picked the wrong size, since I won't be able to get my money back out of them.
Also those black woven shoes are really interesting!

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Which new GMTO?

Speaking of Meermin and shell cordovan, I seem to have a couple of different types of shell - perhaps the shinki shell from Japan and an Italian shell? I've noticed that one type - perhaps shinki - seems to be quite shiny and to have an outer layer applied to it (similar to Alden's shell), but the other is more matt at first. However, with the application of some Saphir cordovan cream and some good brushing, the other shell develops a really nice lustre.

I much prefer the second shell but, unfortunately, it seems that Meermin more commonly uses the shinier shell.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads