• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Webbo

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on Ron (unlined loafer) sizing compared to RUI?
The unlined Ron is a way narrower fit than the Rui. in the same size I would say the Ron feels like a D width and Rui E/F

archipel

Reaction score
The unlined Ron is a way narrower fit than the Rui. in the same size I would say the Ron feels like a D width and Rui E/F

Thanks for your info. Do you wear the same size in both? As loafers are often a bit tighter preferred.

Webbo

Reaction score
Thanks for your info. Do you wear the same size in both? As loafers are often a bit tighter preferred.
I had to sell the loafers. They were soft calf and absolutely superb but just too tight. Length was perfect. If they made the unliked soft calf in another wider (rounder) last I would buy tomorrow.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had to sell the loafers. They were soft calf and absolutely superb but just too tight. Length was perfect. If they made the unliked soft calf in another wider (rounder) last I would buy tomorrow.
I agree, I tried the RON last soft calf loafers and they were extremely narrow feeling. Still trying to sell my loafers on the BST, Poshmark, etc. for the past while.

mux8

Reaction score
If Meermin is reading this. The chromexcel service boots should be added to the permanent collection. :)

Liammccabe

Reaction score
Hi all, just looking for some reflections if anyone has them! I'm now into my second pair of Meermins and, well, I'm a little confused. I bought my own size in the tassell loafers, an 8.5UK, and they were too big. I later heard from someone on instagram that they went a size down and they fit well so I went for the same shoes in suede with that in mind.

In the mean time my father, a size larger then me at a 9UK found them be perfect, so I was heartened by this. Upon receiving the shoes I was pleased to see the right shoe fit like a glove, but the left shoe not so much.

The heel slippage was not as bad on the left foot as it was on the larger size which was good, but it was enough to be annoying. I have since explored a few different options and the best I've come up with is an extra sock on that foot AND an adhesive tongue pad. Even then, the slippage isn't an issue but it does feel like my foot isn't being held as securely, almost as if there's more padding in the left heel than the right?

When I had my feet measured in a high street store they said my feet were an 8.5UK but that my right foot was a bit wider than my left, which certainly explains the little differences I experience in formal shoes, but if anyone here with experience of Meermin can offer some advice it'd be greatly appreciated; I love the look of the shoes, and I'm keen to try other styles, but scared to go spending that money if I'm just going to keep having the same problem over and over.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Handwelted by they still have cork filling which is apparently "leaking" into the shoe ?‍♂️
FWIW My two LM shoes suffer from squeaking. And that problem comes from the cork paste and not from the leather.

zurich64

Reaction score
Hi all, just looking for some reflections if anyone has them! I'm now into my second pair of Meermins and, well, I'm a little confused. I bought my own size in the tassell loafers, an 8.5UK, and they were too big. I later heard from someone on instagram that they went a size down and they fit well so I went for the same shoes in suede with that in mind.

In the mean time my father, a size larger then me at a 9UK found them be perfect, so I was heartened by this. Upon receiving the shoes I was pleased to see the right shoe fit like a glove, but the left shoe not so much.

The heel slippage was not as bad on the left foot as it was on the larger size which was good, but it was enough to be annoying. I have since explored a few different options and the best I've come up with is an extra sock on that foot AND an adhesive tongue pad. Even then, the slippage isn't an issue but it does feel like my foot isn't being held as securely, almost as if there's more padding in the left heel than the right?

When I had my feet measured in a high street store they said my feet were an 8.5UK but that my right foot was a bit wider than my left, which certainly explains the little differences I experience in formal shoes, but if anyone here with experience of Meermin can offer some advice it'd be greatly appreciated; I love the look of the shoes, and I'm keen to try other styles, but scared to go spending that money if I'm just going to keep having the same problem over and over.
Loafers are trickier than regular shoes or boots in fit and less forgiving. If the insole can be replaced, using different insoles for left and right shoe could fix some of these issues. You may need to get the insoles (half insoles may be enough) made or try heat to mold models.

archipel

Reaction score
Thank you all for the fit help.

@Meermin Your backpack in the picture is dark brown as far as I can see, but it says it's black. Any plans to add the dark brown colour?

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Derby boots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads