• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

killer121

Reaction score
Anyone still waiting their orders from the seconds/ sample sales to be shipped, seem like it is taking much longer than usual.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried looking for the ebay store. Is it no longer active?

Hamiste

Reaction score
I tried looking for the ebay store. Is it no longer active?
No, it doesn't seem. Apparently they want to stock seconds and to organize a sale on the site once (or maybe twice) a year. Last sale was 3 weeks ago.

zurich64

Reaction score
I emailed Meermin and told them I wear a size 7.5UK in the Hiro, and asked for suggestions for the Hok last. They said I should order a 6.5UK in the Hok last. This is very surprising. Should I take their suggestion?

Edit: They corrected themselves and suggested a size 7UK.

I'm also still worried since the size 7UK did not work in the Rui last.

HOK in 7.5 UK is half a size bigger than my CJ and GC shoes, but I bought one HOK cordovan shoe with commando soles for winter use (rain, snow). So it goes well with thick woolen socks. But with thin dress socks, a half size smaller would be better.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, it doesn't seem. Apparently they want to stock seconds and to organize a sale on the site once (or maybe twice) a year. Last sale was 3 weeks ago.

I guess they don't have the stock like how Allen Edmonds do to have a seconds sale more frequently. I want to try Meermin, but living in Canada with the shipping and all. It's tough to know the sizing. I guess I'll just have to either buy used somewhere or bite the bullet

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess they don't have the stock like how Allen Edmonds do to have a seconds sale more frequently. I want to try Meermin, but living in Canada with the shipping and all. It's tough to know the sizing. I guess I'll just have to either buy used somewhere or bite the bullet
Yea I bought loafers in the summer to Canada and the last was too long/narrow for me. Still trying to sell them here on classifieds, Poshmark, etc.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea I bought loafers in the summer to Canada and the last was too long/narrow for me. Still trying to sell them here on classifieds, Poshmark, etc.

How was the sizing? I only have a spier and Mackay chukka boot as my only work appropriate footwear. I need probably 2 or 3 pairs of shoes

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How was the sizing? I only have a spier and Mackay chukka boot as my only work appropriate footwear. I need probably 2 or 3 pairs of shoes
Eh, I am a 9.5D/E and went with a 8.5UK Unlined Loafer on the RON Last. My heel kept slipping out of shoe and was way too narrow. I feel like Hiro is a better last to start with.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the women’s Sena last fit in comparison to flats or loafers/mules? I’m thinking of purchasing a pair of chelseas for a dear friend.

emptym

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I think that it is acceptable to create a post in the Classifieds section, and to then put a post in this thread with a link to the "for sale" post.

The problem is when people create stand-alone posts in threads like this trying to sell things, particularly when they list a number of items and lots of pictures.
This is close, but not quite correct. No FS posts are permitted in this thread (or any other regular "appreciation" threads, except for brands that are no longer in business, like Yellow Hook or Antonio's Eidos). They are permitted in the Spanish shoes BST thread, if they have a link to a B&S thread.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the women’s Sena last fit in comparison to flats or loafers/mules? I’m thinking of purchasing a pair of chelseas for a dear friend.

I bought for my wife a pair of monks and a pair of oxfords in Sena in 3.5UK, same as Barker Freya, she loves them. I confirm the size sending Meermin's customer service a picture of the inner side of the tongue of a pair of my wife's All Star Converse (Chuck Taylor) where sizing info is printed.

Hope that helps

Mihai B.

Reaction score
Ok please report back because I'm interested in how you find the fit. For me, I'm 100% both a 7.5 UK in both Hiro and Rui. I'm worried that the Hok is going to be substatially larger than the Rui last.
8uk hok boots has arrived. They are comfortable out of the box and I feel more room at toes compared to 8.5uk hiro and about the same room as 8.5 uk rui shoes.
Heels are just perfect, 0 slippage.

iva80

Reaction score
@mux8 can you please estimate the length difference between the 8 HOK and 8.5UK RUI?
I had 7.5 UK RUI and they were ok (if not a little long) in length, but killed my toes. I hope the 8UK Hok is a bit shorter than the 8.5UK RUI so I’m can get the my normal size to benefit from the roomier toes.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Kudu Chelsea on commando..
83D970F2-FE9B-4167-AD40-9E6B4182A309.jpeg

Olmabe

Reaction score
Did any gentleman with wider feet venture into the Meermin jungle yet? I am particularly interested in the model below but upon measuring my feet I found that they are considered to be quite wide. The measured width of 10,5cm paired with a 26,5cm length should translate into a UK 8 F but Meermin offers their RTW products in width E only. (Unless I have missed a hidden tab or something)

Now to my real question: Did anyone with similar wide feet take a chance with the hiro last and if so how did they get on with the shoes?

Bildschirmfoto 2020-12-08 um 23.18.46.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads