• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone on here who owns a belt state on how long theirs lasted? I bought one back in April (pretty sure it was then) and I've worn it maybe 15 times and the stitching around the belt loop is starting to unravel causing it to separate. Has anyone else had this happen? @Meermin

I own 7 Meermin belts, two of them almost 7 years old. Only one of them shows signs of wear, and that’s simple fading. Which is expected over such a long period, since it’s a dark brown belt. Their belts are really good.

Advice from Pennypacker to you; be patient and enjoy the rest of the shoes you own. Shoes are meant to be worn and enjoyed, not to stress and whatnot :cool:
Some friendly advice to you from stephenaf, given your minuscule 2 order sample, your casual dismissal of people’s legitimate complaints do Meermin no favors. Nor will anyone with complaints take you seriously, it will only cause them to resent you and Meermin more, especially when Meermin adds a like to your comments publicly, but does not address their complaints publicly.
Just some friendly advice.?

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello there!
That should not happen under any circumstance, please DM us with a pic of the belt attached and if that's the case we will replace it immediately.
Thank you for your patience and have a great weekend.
I believed I DM'd you on here with some photos. I pressed the start conversation button
I own 7 Meermin belts, two of them almost 7 years old. Only one of them shows signs of wear, and that’s simple fading. Which is expected over such a long period, since it’s a dark brown belt. Their belts are really good.
Yea, they seem like really nice quality. I just got an Allen Edmonds belt in the mail new for $50 CDN on amazon, which also seems nice. First real leather belts I got that fit my smaller waist

schweezly

Reaction score
Acquired these 2nd in unworn condition. They’re my first Meermin other than trying a pair of loafers that weren’t even close to fitting. I was concerned about sizing but these are close to perfect with thicker boot socks. Really excited to break these in

edit: 2nd hand, not seconds

B22C8BB7-C7B7-4997-8B94-FC26908392C8.jpeg

Last edited:

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some friendly advice to you from stephenaf, given your minuscule 2 order sample, your casual dismissal of people’s legitimate complaints do Meermin no favors. Nor will anyone with complaints take you seriously, it will only cause them to resent you and Meermin more, especially when Meermin adds a like to your comments publicly, but does not address their complaints publicly.

It’s not a casual dismissal. MTOs do take longer than expected and whether people take others advice seriously or not, it’s out of one’s control. It boils down to if @NYCTechNerd really wants the shoes then just wait or cancel the order. He could send dozens of emails to Meermin and it won’t ramp up production. We could all pitchfork Meermin on here and I doubt it’ll ramp up production over night or even his order. All we could say on here, is be patient or cancel if you want.
Meermin publicly liking my comment is out of my control and nor does it add fuel to the nonexistent camp fire, and regardless shouldn’t be taken into consideration. It’s merely a like. My comment was not intended to be taken negatively. Others have also voiced their MTOs took longer than expected. So the quantity of my sample may be small, but the overall sample is quantifiable enough to suggest a low standard deviation; Meermin generally takes longer than expected. This is all in a friendly tone, since text can be misconstrued similarly to my initial comment.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

It’s not a casual dismissal. MTOs do take longer than expected and whether people take others advice seriously or not, it’s out of one’s control. It boils down to if @NYCTechNerd really wants the shoes then just wait or cancel the order. He could send dozens of emails to Meermin and it won’t ramp up production. We could all pitchfork Meermin on here and I doubt it’ll ramp up production over night or even his order. All we could say on here, is be patient or cancel if you want.
Meermin publicly liking my comment is out of my control and nor does it add fuel to the nonexistent camp fire, and regardless shouldn’t be taken into consideration. It’s merely a like. My comment was not intended to be taken negatively. Others have also voiced their MTOs took longer than expected. So the quantity of my sample may be small, but the overall sample is quantifiable enough to suggest a low standard deviation; Meermin generally takes longer than expected. This is all in a friendly tone, since text can be misconstrued similarly to my initial comment.

I appreciate both your feedback but please do not start an internet pissing match over little ol' me.

While I acknowledge that I should have done research on Meermin's MTOs delivery history before placing my first ever order with them, I am also surprised that in 2020 a company is constantly late, in some cases really late, and they have not realized that more (or any) communication would go a long way to solve customers frustration. Maybe that is the point, had I known about it beforehand, I may not have placed an order.

My initial post was not meant to criticize Meermin, and my other posts were not meant to judge those who are willing to wait, but rather get a sense of what I was experiencing is the norm or an outlier. According to several responses so far, it appears do be the norm. No harm, no foul.

And yes, I thought it was funny that @Meermin ignored my post(s) yet liked the one supporting the company. I have followed up with customer service and am waiting on a response.

Last edited:

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hear you, really I do. In 7 years of doing this with Meermin, my experience is it’s very hit and miss. Unfortunately, 13 pairs later it’s mostly miss, my overarching wish is that they communicate better during those misses. Hopefully, this dialogue will prompt them to in the future.

I endeavor to be fair, yet it’s important they understand, poor communication is a negative. They risk people avoiding purchases because of false promises, when a product is late. For me, I’ve continued to purchase their products, I think they offer value, but I do hold them accountable. I’m waiting on one two months late. With no clear prognosis of where the order is. Not the first, second or third time, this has occurred many, many times. Truly, I have the emails dating back years. Look, I’ve a room full of shoes, literally, so I’m not hurting for shoes. That’s not the point. It may seem I’m very hard on them, but this is how the free market works. Companies not responding to customers concerns, do so at their own peril.

When I purchase a product from a vendor, we’ve entered into an agreement. Timeliness is a factor they introduced into the process, I’m simply holding them to account.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I appreciate both your feedback but please do not start an internet pissing match over little ol' me.

While I acknowledge that I should have done research on Meermin's MTOs delivery history before placing my first ever order with them, I am also surprised that in 2020 a company is constantly late, in some cases really late, and they have not realized that more (or any) communication would go a long way to solve customers frustration. But, maybe that is the point, had I known about it beforehand, I may not have placed an order.

My initial post was not meant to criticize Meermin, and my other posts were not meant to judge those who are willing to wait, but rather get a sense of what I was experiencing is the norm or an outlier. According to several responses so far, it appears do be the norm. No harm, no foul.

And yes, I thought it was funny that @Meermin ignored my post(s) yet liked the one supporting the company. I have followed up with customer service and am waiting on a response.
It’s not you my man, if you read back a few posts you’ll see I’ve just been trying to help Meermin understand they’ve got to do better. This is all friendly discussion.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Acquired these 2nd in unworn condition. They’re my first Meermin other than trying a pair of loafers that weren’t even close to fitting. I was concerned about sizing but these are close to perfect with thicker boot socks. Really excited to break these in
View attachment 1483599
Gorgeous, is that double leather I see as well?

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no it’s there micro stud. Not sure how it compares to Dainite but it seems like it’ll be an easier break in
Cool.

So, you find the break in a little rough on these? It must be I have hard feet, or ankles or something, becauseI’ve never had a rough break in on my Meermin boots.

schweezly

Reaction score
Cool.

So, you find the break in a little rough on these? It must be I have hard feet, or ankles or something, becauseI’ve never had a rough break in on my Meermin boots.

no these were comfortable from the first step on my feet. The only spot with any discomfort is that bone on the side of the ankle (whatever it’s called.) just needs to wear in a little. It only started bothering me after a little while

The cordovan on these is nice and soft IMO

Sinbios

Reaction score
View attachment 1483599

Is that the cherry Shinki shell?

I promised myself I'm done with more boots for now but those are tempting me...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads