• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Meermin

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I’ve heard good things with Tarrago Nano, is that recommended around here?

Hi there! nano protector from tarrago would be a quality choice!

Meermin

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Beautiful shoes from Meermin and my first foray into Cordovan shoes. Outstanding bang for buck. Delivery is rapid. Goodyear welted. JR leather soles. Treated with Saphir Renovateur followed by Saphir Cordovan Cream Polish in Burgundy. A few imperfections I'll touch on later when I review them a few weeks down the track. No deal breakers. It's all about expectations.

Thank you for the kind words Sir! we hope you enjoy them.

Meermin

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just received a pair of Merrmin snuff suede chukkas - https://meermin.com/products/101468-snuff-suede-e

The color on these are beautiful. Fit is good too.

My question - upon receiving them, I was pleasantly surprised to see that these are the “Rapello” Snuff version, which there was no mention of on the website. Is it still recommended to treat them with anything?

I did run a bit of water on the toe area to test the suede’s water resistance, and it seemed like some droplets still absorbed in (but eventually dried and went away). Is this expected?
Hi there! Rapello is one of the easiest leathers to take care of, just with a little brush from time to time with no products will renovate the shoes. You can also apply sprays like Nano protector from Tarrago or the suede spray from Saphir to make the waterproofness of this skin slightly stronger.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
First wear of the Shinki Olive NST boot.
16B412CB-E341-44C1-9F93-C430A4ED2B44.jpeg

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Meermin

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Those are gorgeous, the Olive color is just fantastic.

@Freoguitar Mine are now 2 months late..., , so I’d hold off on the “delivery is rapid,” proclamations.
Hi there Sir! We have succesfully received your DM and currently working on the fastest way to solve the issue.
You will receive a reply shortly.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi there Sir! We have succesfully received your DM and currently working on the fastest way to solve the issue.
You will receive a reply shortly.
Thank you that’s really great news. I look forward to your reply.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hi all-

Looking for some feedback from long time Meermin owners.

I placed my first order, and first MTO order, with Meermin at the end of August and the shoes had an "Estimated October" ship date. I emailed yesterday and asked about status since it has been about 8 weeks, we are very near to the end of October, and I have heard nothing, not even an email update.

They responded and said it would be 20 more days. I asked if that meant 20 calendar days (about 3 weeks) or 20 Business days (about 4 weeks) and how I could cancel the order, if I wanted to, because they are going to miss the deadline. They responded and said there was a production problem, they are remaking the shoes, and they should be ready by the 2nd week of November.

They even updated my order to include a shoe horn and a waxing brush which I find funny because I have too many shoe horns now and I am not sure why they would send a waxing brush "to take care of your new Meermin Pair" when I ordered suede shoes.
  • Are MTOs from Meermin often late? And how late usually?
  • Has anyone had success working with Meermin to cancel an order if it was late (or very very late)? Did you have to resort to contacting your credit card company to get the refund?
  • Any suggestions on how to politely respond and say I do not want accessories that are not needed but maybe ask for something else?
I have only skimmed some of this thread and as far as I can tell they are often late so why does anyone put up with it? Are the shoes really that good? Why don't they just give out better estimates rather than continually frustrate customers?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

notdos

Reaction score
As someone that’s ordered from Meermin numerous times, I’ll be glad to share my experience.
So, Meermin does these weekly (sort of) GMTO’s where you’re really just ordering a model with a pre-set design.

Then recently, they’ve started offering a more custom deal where last, leather/color and sole could be selected.

It hasn’t been unusual for the GMTO’s to come in close to the estimated date. I placed my first “custom” order about the same time as you on their custom Chelsea deal.
I fully expect those to take longer than their estimate.

I don’t know if it’s a cultural thing, but Meermin has never been great at communicating delays. You can read back through the thread and find where people have been told their shoes had to be remade, but we’re not aware of that, until they asked.

For me, their shoes offer such a great fit and value, that I don’t mind the wait. I’m hoping with their return to styleforum, that communication will improve.

Phillip

Sinbios

Reaction score
  • Are MTOs from Meermin often late? And how late usually?

Yes they've been late a few times on MTOs since COVID started, I think usually around a couple weeks to a month at most.

I emailed yesterday and asked about status since it has been about 8 weeks, we are very near to the end of October, and I have heard nothing, not even an email update.

They generally don't send out any notifications about MTOs, the shoes just show up at your doorstep. They have a lot of MTOs going on at once so I doubt they manage the communication around each one closely even if some of them will be a couple weeks late.

They responded and said it would be 20 more days. I asked if that meant 20 calendar days (about 3 weeks) or 20 Business days (about 4 weeks) and how I could cancel the order, if I wanted to, because they are going to miss the deadline.

The estimated ship date is an estimate, not a deadline, so it's not like some guarantee is broken that entitles you your money back. Once you order it I don't think you can cancel since they've committed the resources to making it.

• Has anyone had success working with Meermin to cancel an order if it was late (or very very late)? Did you have to resort to contacting your credit card company to get the refund?

If it was very very late you could always chargeback I guess, but you'd have to justify it to the credit issuer, and it's up to their judgement whether it's late enough that it entitle you to a refund.

• Any suggestions on how to politely respond and say I do not want accessories that are not needed but maybe ask for something else?

The estimated delivery window hasn't even passed yet, I don't think there's a polite way to asking for compensation now without seeming a bit gauche.

I have only skimmed some of this thread and as far as I can tell they are often late so why does anyone put up with it? Are the shoes really that good?

They're priced very competitively, and part of the reason for that is they MTO rather than keep floating stock. This business model comes with the possibility of delays, many of us feel it's worth it.

Why don't they just give out better estimates rather than continually frustrate customers?

They probably give the best estimate they can, unexpected issues come up but it'd be silly to always factor in a month's buffer if most of the batches don't end up delayed.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My advice is exercise patience, the dates are estimates for a reason. Production issues happen and delays of up to a month are common for footwear MTOs across the board, I'm pretty sure that at the time you made the order there should have been some language that sets the expectations as to the order being final and possibility of delays. Anyway, going by their new estimate it's not an egregious delay, past that perhaps you could try reaching out to @Meermin here.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads