• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello there Style Forum,

We're glad to be back!

We'd like to start by thanking Fok & Style Forum for welcoming us back to the Community, & to everyone that has been following & supporting us during the last years.

We feel that we never left Style Forum, it is true that in the last years we have not been very active—but our intention moving forward, is to be way more active within the Community and try to enrich it as much as possible.

We're here to share with you any new developments, insights & most importantly to hear from you. We love to hear your thoughts, what you'd like to see from us, questions and any other proposals you might have, you know that we're open to anything that will make this Community more interesting and fun!

For the latest news you can always also follow us on our Instagram & Facebook pages.

Thank you all for your time & have fun!
Hi Meermin, it’s great to have you all back on styleforum.

With that in mind, let me christen your arrival properly, with the hope I’ll get a resolution from you. I’ve been in correspondence with your customer service for 1 1/2 months, trying to get my Olive shell jumper boots that were promised to be delivered in August. I continue to receive the response/promise, that many of us here that take the Meermin plunge have come accustomed to, “your order will be dispatched in 10 days. Unfortunately for me, the first time I got that one was 10 September, still...no boots.

Actually that’s not entirely true, I did receive the snuff suede NST’s, that I ordered 45 days after I ordered the Olive shell Jumpers. It would be really awesome if you could tell me straight, exactly what is going on with my order for the Olive shell Jumper.

Meermin

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello, hola! Is great having an official voice (and ears) of Meermin in this forum.

I am a happy customer that finds that your shoes have excellent aesthetics (proportions, pattern, scalling). My wife loves her purpule oxfords and snuff double monks.

A pair of brown suede boots are in my bucket list.

Cheers / salud

Hola!

Thanks for your message, great to hear your comments & appreciate your support!

Keep tuned for many new boot releases coming soon ;)

Thanks & have a wonderful day!

Meermin

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Meermin are you working to have more wide sizes available OTR in your casual staples, like suede chelsea's, chukka's, etc.?

Hello there,

Recently we started offering wider RTW styles on casuals like the chukka and chelseas made on the wider & comfortable HOK & ROD lasts. And yes, we will be offering more soon!

In case you do not know it yet, our Ultraflex System comes with an additional removable foam insole, which can easily be removed providing an additional ton of extra room if an extra wide fit is needed.

For now what is available in stock of Ultraflex System styles, are the Unlined Chukkas & black alpine double monks, but some oxfords & more colors for the double monks will be available quite soon as well.

Thanks!

Meermin

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Meermin y'all better bring back those unlined wholecut loafers in like... a million different leathers... because I will buy all of them...

Will for sure be making more of these towards the warmer season ?

Meermin

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
In case you haven't seen them here are a few of this week's new releases! Plenty of Casual options this week:

To start, by popular demand, we're bringing back the Waxy Calf in Rust—both the wholecut Chelsea & the Service Boot:

STORIES_WAXY_2.jpg STORIES_WAXY_3.jpg

Plus a new addition to our Casual offerings range, the Chamois leather from Horween, both in grain & roughout version:

Roughout Tobacco Chamois Service Boot (HOK Last):
R2_10133744820000CE-2.jpg

Tobacco Chamois Jumper Boot (HOK Last):

R2_10138734820000DE-2.jpg

Plus a C F Stead Kudu NST (2 colors) & a our pie-crust NST in Norvegese Construction available in 3 Colors of French Calf!!

R2_10160551230000DE-1.jpg R2_10659619170000KE-2.jpg

Hope you like theses! Thoughts on these new releases?

Attachments

• R2_10160551230000DE-1.jpg
    R2_10160551230000DE-1.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 55

Meermin

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Meermin, it’s great to have you all back on styleforum.

With that in mind, let me christen your arrival properly, with the hope I’ll get a resolution from you. I’ve been in correspondence with your customer service for 1 1/2 months, trying to get my Olive shell jumper boots that were promised to be delivered in August. I continue to receive the response/promise, that many of us here that take the Meermin plunge have come accustomed to, “your order will be dispatched in 10 days. Unfortunately for me, the first time I got that one was 10 September, still...no boots.

Actually that’s not entirely true, I did receive the snuff suede NST’s, that I ordered 45 days after I ordered the Olive shell Jumpers. It would be really awesome if you could tell me straight, exactly what is going on with my order for the Olive shell Jumper.

Hello there! Thanks for your message! Sure, let me check that for you, please do send us your order # or email via DM so we can provide you with the latest update. Some of the customs had to be remade, that might explain the delay on your but will specifically check what is going on with your order.

Thanks!

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello there,

Recently we started offering wider RTW styles on casuals like the chukka and chelseas made on the wider & comfortable HOK & ROD lasts. And yes, we will be offering more soon!

In case you do not know it yet, our Ultraflex System comes with an additional removable foam insole, which can easily be removed providing an additional ton of extra room if an extra wide fit is needed.

For now what is available in stock of Ultraflex System styles, are the Unlined Chukkas & black alpine double monks, but some oxfords & more colors for the double monks will be available quite soon as well.

Thanks!
How would the insole being removed work, would it then just feel like a normal GYW shoe with a leather insole? Or would it feel like some shoes as if it was a hard piece of fibreboard?

Meermin

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi there!
Yes, it is prepared for the insole to be removed(if needed), so it feels exactly like a regular GYW pair of shoes.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello there! Thanks for your message! Sure, let me check that for you, please do send us your order # or email via DM so we can provide you with the latest update. Some of the customs had to be remade, that might explain the delay on your but will specifically check what is going on with your order.

Thanks!
Excellent, thank you! DM sent.

Meermin

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How would the insole being removed work, would it then just feel like a normal GYW shoe with a leather insole? Or would it feel like some shoes as if it was a hard piece of fibreboard?

Hi there!
Yes, it is prepared for the insole to be removed(if needed), so it feels exactly like a regular GYW pair of shoes.

Shultzy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just received a pair of Merrmin snuff suede chukkas - https://meermin.com/products/101468-snuff-suede-e

The color on these are beautiful. Fit is good too.

My question - upon receiving them, I was pleasantly surprised to see that these are the “Rapello” Snuff version, which there was no mention of on the website. Is it still recommended to treat them with anything?

I did run a bit of water on the toe area to test the suede’s water resistance, and it seemed like some droplets still absorbed in (but eventually dried and went away). Is this expected?

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just received a pair of Merrmin snuff suede chukkas - https://meermin.com/products/101468-snuff-suede-e

The color on these are beautiful. Fit is good too.

My question - upon receiving them, I was pleasantly surprised to see that these are the “Rapello” Snuff version, which there was no mention of on the website. Is it still recommended to treat them with anything?

I did run a bit of water on the toe area to test the suede’s water resistance, and it seemed like some droplets still absorbed in (but eventually dried and went away). Is this expected?
Repello suede's are naturally water resistant, as they are treated at the factory during tanning. They're good if you don't treat them and end up in a slight rain shower or something as it won't ruin the suede like it would a normal split suede. I still treat my Repello Suede shoes with a spray, use the suede's water resistant properties as a last ditch effort to protect the shoes and not as the main line of defence

Shultzy

Reaction score
Repello suede's are naturally water resistant, as they are treated at the factory during tanning. They're good if you don't treat them and end up in a slight rain shower or something as it won't ruin the suede like it would a normal split suede. I still treat my Repello Suede shoes with a spray, use the suede's water resistant properties as a last ditch effort to protect the shoes and not as the main line of defence
Thanks for the info! I’ve heard good things with Tarrago Nano, is that recommended around here?

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I’ve heard good things with Tarrago Nano, is that recommended around here?
Yea that's good, I personally use Saphir Water repellent sprays as all my shoe products are by Saphir

Freoguitar

Reaction score

Beautiful shoes from Meermin and my first foray into Cordovan shoes. Outstanding bang for buck. Delivery is rapid. Goodyear welted. JR leather soles. Treated with Saphir Renovateur followed by Saphir Cordovan Cream Polish in Burgundy. A few imperfections I'll touch on later when I review them a few weeks down the track. No deal breakers. It's all about expectations.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads