• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Planning to buy a pair of Meermin boots country calf but I have also in mind a pair of Thursday captain boots.

Anyone can comment with pros and cons for them?

Thank you!
Meermin is much better constructed and longer lasting than thursday. Much better leather too. Thursday is online marketing mostly, and it sucks when the poron gives out and you get the “Thursday Drop”

Potatoe

Reaction score
Meermin is much better constructed and longer lasting than thursday. Much better leather too. Thursday is online marketing mostly, and it sucks when the poron gives out and you get the “Thursday Drop”

I have both brands and the Meermin boots are a clear notch up. The Thursday look nice but after 6 months they are starting to feel a bit tired, and sort of losing their shape. There doesn't seem to be much structure to them, if that makes sense. I also had a speed hook pop out.

You mention "the Thursday drop" is that what I'm experiencing?

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have both brands and the Meermin boots are a clear notch up. The Thursday look nice but after 6 months they are starting to feel a bit tired, and sort of losing their shape. There doesn't seem to be much structure to them, if that makes sense. I also had a speed hook pop out.

You mention "the Thursday drop" is that what I'm experiencing?
No, that’s after a couple years of use with a pair of Thursday’s where the poron wears out and it feels like you’re walking on a block of wood.

Meermin

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello there Style Forum,

We're glad to be back!

We'd like to start by thanking Fok & Style Forum for welcoming us back to the Community, & to everyone that has been following & supporting us during the last years.

We feel that we never left Style Forum, it is true that in the last years we have not been very active—but our intention moving forward, is to be way more active within the Community and try to enrich it as much as possible.

We're here to share with you any new developments, insights & most importantly to hear from you. We love to hear your thoughts, what you'd like to see from us, questions and any other proposals you might have, you know that we're open to anything that will make this Community more interesting and fun!

For the latest news you can always also follow us on our Instagram & Facebook pages.

Thank you all for your time & have fun!

Meermin

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yesterday DHL dropped a parcel from Meermin, a very nice surprice.

Material: Alpine black
Construction: GYW Ultraflex
Welt: Storm 360
Last: MON
Sole: Rubber, studded

These are my first MTO from Meermin and will not be the last, the shoe is very comfortable, the proportions (how the pattern and last work together) and the placement of the buckles are great. The "shoe mouth" is quite big so the vamp and toe box are short and also gives some freedom to the ankle. The quality of the Alpine grain is top quality, I think looks much better that the standard grain due to the smaller pattern. There are very small flaws if I check with a magnifier but is clear that you get a lot for the money you pay.

There are two things that I would change, one of personal taste: the storm welt requires a more substantial sole. The second is that Meermin should place two shoe bags, one per shoe, I have ruined new shoes placing two in the same bag inside a suitcase, the heel of one shoe scratched the toe box of the other. At least Meermin should sell additional shoe bags if the customer thinks that needs two.

A great shoe from Meermin, an excellent purchase.

View attachment 1472210 View attachment 1472211 View attachment 1472212
View attachment 1472216

Glad to hear you like these. These are indeed very comfortable!

Comments well noted. Dust bags to be offered online very soon ?

Thanks again for your support & enjoy wearing these!

Sinbios

Reaction score

Good to see you guys are listening to the community! One common feedback that has come up repeatedly is that the laces are too short on your boots, are you aware of this issue?

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hello there Style Forum,

We're glad to be back!

We'd like to start by thanking Fok & Style Forum for welcoming us back to the Community, & to everyone that has been following & supporting us during the last years.

We feel that we never left Style Forum, it is true that in the last years we have not been very active—but our intention moving forward, is to be way more active within the Community and try to enrich it as much as possible.

We're here to share with you any new developments, insights & most importantly to hear from you. We love to hear your thoughts, what you'd like to see from us, questions and any other proposals you might have, you know that we're open to anything that will make this Community more interesting and fun!

For the latest news you can always also follow us on our Instagram & Facebook pages.

Thank you all for your time & have fun!
Good to see you back.

Meermin

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yes! They're too short on regular shoes as well. And sometimes tear, too.

Thanks for your feedback! This have been addressed by now. Indeed, there were some batches creating problems a few months ago, but this has been fixed already ?

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello, hola! Is great having an official voice (and ears) of Meermin in this forum.

I am a happy customer that finds that your shoes have excellent aesthetics (proportions, pattern, scalling). My wife loves her purpule oxfords and snuff double monks.

A pair of brown suede boots are in my bucket list.

Cheers / salud

Usonian

Reaction score
@Meermin y'all better bring back those unlined wholecut loafers in like... a million different leathers... because I will buy all of them...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads