• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
did you receive your olive MTO?

If so, please post photos!
Not yet sir..

I messaged the Insta guy and they said 10-12 days...14 days ago. Shouldn’t be far away. It’s a bit odd as I find that the mater you order the sooner they arrive. I ordered seconds after it went live as I’ve been perstering them to get some green shell!

I was going to order a nst boot on this current mto but wouldn’t to see what they looked like first.

ChaoticKinesis

Reaction score
I have almost identical measurements like yours. 272 mm length, 103mm wide, 255 girth.
I wear 8.5 uk in HIRO, RON and RUI.
Rui are comfortable but not a handsome last.
Ron are quite narrow and because of that it may look longer than hiro for example.

HIRO are ok but only chukkas or boots for me.Not sure why but they have roomier toebox than oxfords. And this is what I need.

Oxfords in hiro are still painfull to wear after more that 10 wears.
Are you sure about those sizes? That looks like you should be a US 10E, for which the Meermin equivalent would be more like 9.5UK. My measurements are basically the same or smaller than yours all around. HIRO in 9UK was painful at the midfoot when I tried in store and this is what the way-too-narrow 9UK RON looks like on me.
20200816_213247.jpg

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have almost identical measurements like yours. 272 mm length, 103mm wide, 255 girth.
I wear 8.5 uk in HIRO, RON and RUI.
Rui are comfortable but not a handsome last.
Ron are quite narrow and because of that it may look longer than hiro for example.

HIRO are ok but only chukkas or boots for me.Not sure why but they have roomier toebox than oxfords. And this is what I need.

Oxfords in hiro are still painfull to wear after more that 10 wears.
Meermin said in the email that HIRO was wider than RON so I trust them, however according to the measurements it is more narrow. Weird, but if I buy from Meermin that is the size I will try. My RON's are okay, but narrow and my right heel literally slips out of the shoe when walking, even with tongue pads and trying an insole so they will be sold.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you sure about those sizes? That looks like you should be a US 10E, for which the Meermin equivalent would be more like 9.5UK. My measurements are basically the same or smaller than yours all around. HIRO in 9UK was painful at the midfoot when I tried in store and this is what the way-too-narrow 9UK RON looks like on me.
View attachment 1458255
It looks like they are bowing at the sides, do you have a flat foot? My 8.5UK Ron's don't even do that with my wider foot

ChaoticKinesis

Reaction score
It looks like they are bowing at the sides, do you have a flat foot? My 8.5UK Ron's don't even do that with my wider foot
They are bowing at the sides and I do have flat feet. However, they're narrow enough to where the upper is pushed out past the welt just about everywhere. They're also just a bit too tight at the ball. I imagine at 8.5UK it would be painfully tight, to the point where it would leave deep indentations around the strap, and I'm only 100mm wide.

Edit: I've also never experienced bowing nor such extreme tightness in loafers from Grant Stone, Alden, and Rancourt. I typically wear US 9.5D or 9E in all of those.

Last edited:

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are bowing at the sides and I do have flat feet. However, they're narrow enough to where the upper is pushed out past the welt just about everywhere. They're also just a bit too tight at the ball. I imagine at 8.5UK it would be painfully tight, to the point where it would leave deep indentations around the strap, and I'm only 100mm wide.

Edit: I've also never experienced bowing nor such extreme tightness in loafers from Grant Stone, Alden, and Rancourt. I typically wear US 9.5D or 9E in all of those.
Yup, it is all about the last that fits your foot. Having flat feet is where you tend to see the side walls bowing and that usually means the last does not work with your feet if the size is right. However I do know what you mean, when I put on the RON loafers, they went past the welt on the outside of my feet only, and right heel came out of the foot every step. Being unlined, I don't think it helped

Mihai B.

Reaction score
View attachment 1458255

This is how I measure my feet and how it looks in 8.5UK RON unlined loafers. In this evening my feet are even wider compared to what I wrote in the last post. The upper looks slightly wider than the sole but it doesn't bother me. Overall they feel like a glove.

Have you tried HIRO boots? Another person from the forum also noticed that HIRO boots feel roomier than HIRO shoes.

If you have the chance to visit the store again, I believe Meermin representative will recommend a last that suits your feet.

IMG_3012.jpg IMG_3013.jpg IMG_3014.jpg IMG_3020.jpg

ChaoticKinesis

Reaction score
This is how I measure my feet and how it looks in 8.5UK RON unlined loafers. In this evening my feet are even wider compared to what I wrote in the last post. The upper looks slightly wider than the sole but it doesn't bother me. Overall they feel like a glove.

Have you tried HIRO boots? Another person from the forum also noticed that HIRO boots feel roomier than HIRO shoes.

If you have the chance to visit the store again, I believe Meermin representative will recommend a last that suits your feet.

View attachment 1458839 View attachment 1458840 View attachment 1458841 View attachment 1458846
My experience with HIRO is strictly limited to their derby boot, which I tried on in the NYC store. The 9 was painfully tight in the midfoot and 9.5 was too long.

To be honest, I've come to realize that I'm just not a big fan of Meermin lasts, outside of HOK, so I don't need HIRO to fit me. Frankly, I find them a bit too pointy and dressy for my tastes. I already have dress shoes collecting dust in my closet.

Andreas _Zuo

Reaction score
My experience with HIRO is strictly limited to their derby boot, which I tried on in the NYC store. The 9 was painfully tight in the midfoot and 9.5 was too long.

To be honest, I've come to realize that I'm just not a big fan of Meermin lasts, outside of HOK, so I don't need HIRO to fit me. Frankly, I find them a bit too pointy and dressy for my tastes. I already have dress shoes collecting dust in my closet.
Maybe you can try JIM Last

emptym

Reaction score
Guys, for sale posts are only permitted in the B&S section and a few exceptional threads. They are not permitted in this thread. We hate to time people out, but those who have been warned and continue to post things for sale here have and will be timed out.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, for sale posts are only permitted in the B&S section and a few exceptional threads.

@emptym - That sounds entirely reasonable, as otherwise "for sale" posts get scattered all around the forum, and threads get cluttered up with people trying to sell stuff, too.

However, is there a policy on creating a "for sale" post in the B&S section, and then popping a post in one of these threads to say "Guys, I'm selling a pair of Meermins in B&S", with perhaps a link pointing to the B&S section?

Is something like that allowed? That still keeps the posts concentrated in the B&S section, but allows potentially interested parties to be informed.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, for sale posts are only permitted in the B&S section and a few exceptional threads. They are not permitted in this thread. We hate to time people out, but those who have been warned and continue to post things for sale here have and will be timed out.
Yea, my post selling got removed and it blatantly stated to go to B&S section if wanting to post something. I'm relatively new to this forum, so I didn't even know one existed until my post got removed lol. I only posted mine here because I saw multiple people doing the same, and there was no B/S/T thread so figured it was allowed lol

emptym

Reaction score
@emptym - That sounds entirely reasonable, as otherwise "for sale" posts get scattered all around the forum, and threads get cluttered up with people trying to sell stuff, too.

However, is there a policy on creating a "for sale" post in the B&S section, and then popping a post in one of these threads to say "Guys, I'm selling a pair of Meermins in B&S", with perhaps a link pointing to the B&S section?

Is something like that allowed? That still keeps the posts concentrated in the B&S section, but allows potentially interested parties to be informed.
Good question. That is allowed, not on this thread, but on the dedicated thread for selling Spanish shoes:

Yea, my post selling got removed and it blatantly stated to go to B&S section if wanting to post something. I'm relatively new to this forum, so I didn't even know one existed until my post got removed lol. I only posted mine here because I saw multiple people doing the same, and there was no B/S/T thread so figured it was allowed lol
There is one (posted above), but you'd need to first make a listing in the Buy and Sell section, then post the link.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good question. That is allowed, not on this thread, but on the dedicated thread for selling Spanish shoes:

There is one (posted above), but you'd need to first make a listing in the Buy and Sell section, then post the link.
I already posted the shoes on the B/S tab on the forum after realizing there was one, all good thanks for keeping the threads clean

Elderidge

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just got a question in relation to returns with Meermin.

I bought 2 pairs of Chelsea recently in my usual size (JIM and HIRO last). Unfortunately they both did not fit (shocking cause I'm on the narrow side of a standard UK8 and they were both too tight).

Meermin kindly allowed the return but it has been sitting in customs for 2 weeks. When I contacted Meermin they mentioned they contact customs on a weekly basis to release shipments but would not comment on whether they have actually dealt with mine.

So, if anyone has returned items to Meermin, how long was the longest your item has sat in customs and is there anything that can be done while it is there?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads