• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hamiste

Reaction score
Olive shell boots arrived last night. Very interesting color.They are definitely more on the brown side . Brown burnishing gives them a bit of a mottled effect. I’ll post more pics in outdoor light when it stops raining. Cheers.

I like these! I just ordered the same thanks to their new MTO cordovan programm. If you have any other pics with a better definition, do not hesitate to share.

Last edited:

sicigpat

Reaction score
I like these! I just ordered the same thanks to their new cordovan MTO. If you have any other pics with a better definition, do not hesitate

I just took these boots outside for the first time. Color is amazing
3521A07E-E9D8-445E-B5E7-9F3DD325383A.jpeg

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After months of being out, how do those that purchased the UltraFlex system like it compared to the traditional GYW system? I'm sure in the long run you could switch it all to cork, but was wondering how it is out of the box

Usonian

Reaction score
After months of being out, how do those that purchased the UltraFlex system like it compared to the traditional GYW system? I'm sure in the long run you could switch it all to cork, but was wondering how it is out of the box

I haven't worn mine outside yet, because covid, and because i'm not a big chukka with shorts in the summertime kinda guy... So far I've just worn them around the house, and i find them obscenely comfortable, right out of the box. I think they'll also break in a bit easier as well. I've had a tough time breaking in my other meermins (one to the point where the uppers came unstitched because they just would not break in) but I think these are going to be easy.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't worn mine outside yet, because covid, and because i'm not a big chukka with shorts in the summertime kinda guy... So far I've just worn them around the house, and i find them obscenely comfortable, right out of the box. I think they'll also break in a bit easier as well. I've had a tough time breaking in my other meermins (one to the point where the uppers came unstitched because they just would not break in) but I think these are going to be easy.
What size did you go compared to other Meermin's? I got a loafer on RON last in 8.5UK earlier in the year and it is about .5-1 sizes too big I think, but I may not just know my proper sizing yet

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After months of being out, how do those that purchased the UltraFlex system like it compared to the traditional GYW system?

I bought a pair of MTO ultraflex suede bluchers when Meermin first introduced them earlier this year - I think that they had an MTO for the ultraflex chukka boots first, then the bluchers, then the ultraflex chukkas became part of their regular stock.

The bluchers arrived a couple of months ago and they are fantastically comfortable. They are light, soft and really feel almost like wearing a pair of slippers. They were my first pair of Meermin shoes so I really didn't know what to expect, but I'm very happy with them.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Decided to measure my foot out of the blue as my foot seemed to go over the went on my RON 8.5UK loafers I got a few months back and my right heel consistently pops out of the shoe when walking. Going to sell I think. These are what I measured:

Left: 267mm length, 108mm width, 255mm girth
Right: 264mm length, 103mm width, 250mm girth

What would you folks recommend on the HIRO last? Or would you suggest I have to wait for when the G width comes out in a shoe I want? I usually wear a 10D and probably going to switch to a 9.5E in the future as 10D shoes are a tad bit long, but proper width.

konstantis

Reaction score

Attachments

• 6C9CE5D3-F60B-4925-97AC-7ED8F4806828.jpeg
    6C9CE5D3-F60B-4925-97AC-7ED8F4806828.jpeg
    220.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 4F6F073C-D2D0-48DF-96FC-1E1A08696860.jpeg
    4F6F073C-D2D0-48DF-96FC-1E1A08696860.jpeg
    262.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 8CBA1A70-C8E7-4BE3-81A8-59ED994C2C7D.jpeg
    8CBA1A70-C8E7-4BE3-81A8-59ED994C2C7D.jpeg
    189.6 KB · Views: 73
Last edited by a moderator:

ChaoticKinesis

Reaction score
Decided to measure my foot out of the blue as my foot seemed to go over the went on my RON 8.5UK loafers I got a few months back and my right heel consistently pops out of the shoe when walking. Going to sell I think. These are what I measured:

Left: 267mm length, 108mm width, 255mm girth
Right: 264mm length, 103mm width, 250mm girth

What would you folks recommend on the HIRO last? Or would you suggest I have to wait for when the G width comes out in a shoe I want? I usually wear a 10D and probably going to switch to a 9.5E in the future as 10D shoes are a tad bit long, but proper width.
Have you ever had your Brannock measured? If your measurements are correct, you should be more like a 9.5EE US according to this chart:

Both RON and HIRO lasts are quite narrow and I suggest avoiding. I don't even know if you'd be comfortable in HOK, which is their second widest. Most likely the only Meermin last that would properly fit you is HIRO-G. I don't have the measurements for that one readily available but here are charts for some of their more common lasts:
https://www.styleforum.net/threads/meermin-mallorca-shoes.277707/page-1114#post-9263022 https://www.styleforum.net/attachments/hok-png.1204745/

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you ever had your Brannock measured? If your measurements are correct, you should be more like a 9.5EE US according to this chart:

Both RON and HIRO lasts are quite narrow and I suggest avoiding. I don't even know if you'd be comfortable in HOK, which is their second widest. Most likely the only Meermin last that would properly fit you is HIRO-G. I don't have the measurements for that one readily available but here are charts for some of their more common lasts:
https://www.styleforum.net/threads/meermin-mallorca-shoes.277707/page-1114#post-9263022 https://www.styleforum.net/attachments/hok-png.1204745/
I have measured my foot on a Brannock in the past and it came back as a 9.5D. However I've only ever worn 10D dress shoes as I find the width (4" or so) to be just fine for the whole day. It is just there is about an inch of extra room in 10D shoes, hence why thinking of going 9.5E for now on as I prefer ~0.5 inches of extra room. So I guess only way is to wait for wide lasts to become available? I noticed their 9UK E (10D US equivalent) isn't even a standard 4" which is odd, why does Meermin have to be so narrow across all lasts lol

Usonian

Reaction score
I have measured my foot on a Brannock in the past and it came back as a 9.5D. However I've only ever worn 10D dress shoes as I find the width (4" or so) to be just fine for the whole day. It is just there is about an inch of extra room in 10D shoes, hence why thinking of going 9.5E for now on as I prefer ~0.5 inches of extra room. So I guess only way is to wait for wide lasts to become available? I noticed their 9UK E (10D US equivalent) isn't even a standard 4" which is odd, why does Meermin have to be so narrow across all lasts lol

I haven't tried anything on the RON last to answer your previous question, I've only had things on the HIRO last. I'm generally a 10.5E in most US things, I might even say I'd be between E and EE, but I know EEE is a bit too wide for me. But HIRO is good for me, not too long, just wide enough. it's not like I can let my pinky toe go wild n' out, but i don't feel it being pinched at all, and I've had 3 pairs on that last. the ROD last (for the ultraflex chukkas) feels about the same, so I'm happy. It's technically a bit wider than the HIRO last actually. for other reference in terms of my sizing, I'm 10UK on Carminas Uetam last, which fits incredibly well in every aspect, except that I could use a smidge more room on the instep. I have a 10UK in Edward Green's 202 last as well, which feels a little tight, but I'm also suspicious that it might actually be a 10US since it was for Paul Stuart... hope that helps!

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't tried anything on the RON last to answer your previous question, I've only had things on the HIRO last. I'm generally a 10.5E in most US things, I might even say I'd be between E and EE, but I know EEE is a bit too wide for me. But HIRO is good for me, not too long, just wide enough. it's not like I can let my pinky toe go wild n' out, but i don't feel it being pinched at all, and I've had 3 pairs on that last. the ROD last (for the ultraflex chukkas) feels about the same, so I'm happy. It's technically a bit wider than the HIRO last actually. for other reference in terms of my sizing, I'm 10UK on Carminas Uetam last, which fits incredibly well in every aspect, except that I could use a smidge more room on the instep. I have a 10UK in Edward Green's 202 last as well, which feels a little tight, but I'm also suspicious that it might actually be a 10US since it was for Paul Stuart... hope that helps!
So what is your size in HIRO, don't see it mentioned lol. However, by the sounds of it, it seems you would take 10UK in HIRO? I feel like I could go to a 8UK HIRO, but the length according to the size chart seems like it would be too long. I have Canada West boots that measure 29cm insole length and average width that feel fine to me, so hence why I'd be thinking about the 8UK, just worried about width

Last edited:

Usonian

Reaction score
So what is your size in HIRO, don't see it mentioned lol. However, by the sounds of it, it seems you would take 10UK in HIRO? I feel like I could go to a 8UK HIRO, but the length according to the size chart seems like it would be too long. I have Canada West boots that measure 29cm insole length and average width that feel fine to me, so hence why I'd be thinking about the 8UK, just worried about width
oops, yeah, I'm 10UK haha. must have removed that when I reread and edited that post... should have rereread... I don't find it to be offensively long though, but that's just me i suppose.

ChaoticKinesis

Reaction score
Well I'm 272mm long, 100mm wide, approx 252mm girth (this one is weird to measure so not sure). I can't fit into a 9UK HIRO without it destroying my mid-foot, while 9.5 is just long and awkward. RON in 9UK is also very narrow for me. Meanwhile I feel fine in 8.5UK in HOK. I can't imagine how someone with a foot even wider than mine can wear HIRO or RON.

Typically I size as a 10D or 9.5E US, so that would be my size for most lasts from Allen Edmonds. I'm also 9.5 in Viberg, 9.5D in Alden Barrie, and 9.5D/9E in various pairs from Grant Stone.

Last edited:

Meanie

Reaction score
Well I'm 272mm long, 100mm wide, approx 152mm girth (this one is weird to measure so not sure). I can't fit into a 9UK HIRO without it destroying my mid-foot, while 9.5 is just long and awkward. RON in 9UK is also very narrow for me. Meanwhile I feel fine in 8.5UK in HOK. I can't imagine how someone with a foot even wider than mine can wear HIRO or RON.

Typically I size as a 10D or 9.5E US, so that would be my size for most lasts from Allen Edmonds. I'm also 9.5 in Viberg, 9.5D in Alden Barrie, and 9.5D/9E in various pairs from Grant Stone.
As far as I understand, girth is the circumference measurement around the ball, which is the same location as the width measurement. Did you mean 252mm girth perhaps?
I'm 271mm long, 100mm wide and 252mm girth.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics