• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jdsf

Reaction score

54" length.

Were 54" laces long enough for you? I tried out laces from my Indys which also 54" and found them to be too short. Can barely tie it and ended up with the tiniest loops. Could just be my fat feet need longer laces.

Mannion

Reaction score
I have a pair of new Meermin boots which slip at the heel. They feel snug, but there isn't anything holding the foot in so it slides up the back of the boot when I walk. Is this normal for boots which haven't been broken in or should I return them? They are the same size, width and last as my Meermin shoes which don't do this.

Webbo

Reaction score
I have a pair of new Meermin boots which slip at the heel. They feel snug, but there isn't anything holding the foot in so it slides up the back of the boot when I walk. Is this normal for boots which haven't been broken in or should I return them? They are the same size, width and last as my Meermin shoes which don't do this.
[/QUOTE]

I am having exactly this with a pair of the Suede chukkas on the HOK last. The fit feels very good, certainly not too big, but still the heel slides up when walking.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do they have a double sole? That might be the reason, they usually take more time to break-in due that it's a lot more leather

Mannion

Reaction score
Do they have a double sole? That might be the reason, they usually take more time to break-in due that it's a lot more leather
Yeah they do, I didn't notice that. At least working from home means I can sit still while they break in.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah they do, I didn't notice that. At least working from home means I can sit still while they break in.
That might be the reason. Since the sole isn't bending a lot and quickly, the heel has to slip, if that makes sense. I have read that some people have that issue with some other shoes and then it settles as soon as they break-in. Unless you feel you can size down but if they are a goof fit, it's probably that they need to break-in. Hope this helps.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good advice there. ^^
If it doesn’t fix itself with breaking in you might want to try self adhesive heel inserts which help with slippage and cost about $5 from most shoe shops, even places like Payless and DSW have them.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is everyone finding the Ultraflex system? Was just looking and noticed there was brown chromexcel slippers on there and I kind of want them. How would you compare the ROD last to the RON last? I took a 8.5UK on the RON last, but probably could've went with a 8UK. Opinions?

MacGuffen

Reaction score
My first Meermin. Norwegian split toe blucher in rust Naturcalf. Perfect colour.

IMG_7203.jpg
3-kopi.jpg

5.jpg

sicigpat

Reaction score
Olive shell boots arrived last night. Very interesting color.They are definitely more on the brown side . Brown burnishing gives them a bit of a mottled effect. I’ll post more pics in outdoor light when it stops raining. Cheers.

Attachments

• 3364CB53-EA87-4A14-BF15-00C4E78761AE.jpeg
    3364CB53-EA87-4A14-BF15-00C4E78761AE.jpeg
    177.6 KB · Views: 160

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Olive shell boots arrived last night. Very interesting color.They are definitely more on the brown side . Brown burnishing gives them a bit of a mottled effect. I’ll post more pics in outdoor light when it stops raining. Cheers.
Oh good, they’re finally getting around to sending those out. I like!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads