• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have just recieved a parcel from Meermin, snuff suede double monk shoes for my wife, they look really good and she is very very happy.

Meermin has great designs; maybe their QC and CS are not the best but certainly their designs are on top.

After a couple of Baker and Cheaneys given as presents, she is starting to understand the resouces I spend in GYW shoes. Her friends always compliments her shoes.

Is a nice way to promote this craft and to cheer up our ladies. These little shoes are fantastic.

IMG_3495.JPG
IMG_3497.JPG
IMG_3498.JPG
IMG_3499.JPG
IMG_3502.JPG

pmestrad

Reaction score
ANyone have these shoes? It says they are snuff suede but pics look more like polo suede. Can anyone confirm? I emailed meermin CS this AM, however, have not heard back and sale ends tonight.

ChaoticKinesis

Reaction score
Like everyone else recently, no email but I just received a tracking email from UPS saying my order will arrive tomorrow. This is for the custom loafer MTO due to ship in July.

I suspect the lack of tracking emails is because they're still sorting out some backend issues on their new site. They definitely used to send them out in the past.

Reaction score
Took a chance on the sale (these are in Shinki shell). There was only a single picture and no info on last etc on these:
IMG_20200731_172727.jpg

I am VERY pleased. I know Meermin can do some horrible stitching so to buy a brouge was risky but I guess I got lucky because they look great!

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took a chance on the sale (these are in Shinki shell).

They look great!

The crazy and frustrating thing about the Meermin website(s) is that depending on which version you are looking at (US, European, International) you see different stock, or even different sizes in the same stock.

As an example, there was a pair of brown shell plaintoe bluchers on the International site (although not in my size) but I didn't see those boots on the International site at all, in any size. There's a pair of polo or snuff suede plain captoe boots that I'd love to get but, on the International site, they're not available in my size - but if I look on the US site, which appears to be the default site, the boots are available in my size!

I suppose that Meermin probably has inventory stored in different places around the world and so the website stock is presumably based on that, but it's rather frustrating.

Freoguitar

Reaction score
More Meermins.

Couldn't resist these versatile boots with the summer sale. Perfect out of the box.

Reaction score
Here you go. Also I attached a picture of the sole stitiching, which is really nice and in my opinion beats what you usually see from Carmina or Alden for these types of boots

Attachments

• IMG_20200801_093123.jpg
    IMG_20200801_093123.jpg
    536.2 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_20200801_093112.jpg
    IMG_20200801_093112.jpg
    384.1 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_20200801_093318.jpg
    IMG_20200801_093318.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_20200801_092836.jpg
    IMG_20200801_092836.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 195

Hamiste

Reaction score
Here you go. Also I attached a picture of the sole stitiching, which is really nice and in my opinion beats what you usually see from Carmina or Alden for these types of boots

These are definatly amazing shoes. In my size, I would have had absolutly no hesitation buying them. But what is the color? Yesterday the picture definatly showed black shell but it seems this morning that there is lighter reddish shades on them....
Congratulation for the catch

Reaction score
These are definatly amazing shoes. In my size, I would have had absolutly no hesitation buying them. But what is the color? Yesterday the picture definatly showed black shell but it seems this morning that there is lighter reddish shades on them....
Congratulation for the catch
Those are black but I agree they look a bit burgundy-ish in those pictures. I guess I would just chalk that up to Huawei post-processing

iamntbatman

Reaction score
Those look very nice. So far I'm a full convert on the Meermin fake Dainite sole. Way nicer to walk on than the real thing.

lcdx22

Reaction score
View attachment 1428933 View attachment 1428935
Brandy came today. Excuse the mess that is my house.

Nice. Still waiting for mine.

Anyone still waiting on tracking for the may shell mto?
Still waiting here. I emailed them at the end of June and they said 15 days. Then emailed again end of last week and was told any day now. Then got notification which got me excited, but it was not a shipping confirmation but an update to my order to give me a free shoe horn because the order is not yet delivered.

Sinbios

Reaction score
Tried wearing my new shell boots today and they chafed the heck out of the outside of my ankles. I know for calf/cow leather it will soften as it breaks in, will it be the same for shell?

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried wearing my new shell boots today and they chafed the heck out of the outside of my ankles. I know for calf/cow leather it will soften as it breaks in, will it be the same for shell?

Shell will always be firmer than calf, at least in my experience. However, over time it does adjust/conform to the shape of your feet. It may, however, take time and be uncomfortable for a while.

I must admit, though, that I've never had ankle chafing with my shell boots and I've got three pairs (two Carmina and one C&J for RL Polo). Perhaps try adjusting the lacing - it may help if the lacing is looser?

Sinbios

Reaction score
Shell will always be firmer than calf, at least in my experience. However, over time it does adjust/conform to the shape of your feet. It may, however, take time and be uncomfortable for a while.

I must admit, though, that I've never had ankle chafing with my shell boots and I've got three pairs (two Carmina and one C&J for RL Polo). Perhaps try adjusting the lacing - it may help if the lacing is looser?

Yeah I didn't have this issue with my Carminas or Aldens either, granted the Alden shell is a lot softer and the Carminas had a much higher shaft that didn't rub against the side of my ankle. Meermin does have a reputation for hard break-ins but I didn't think it also applied to the shells.

Lacing it looser makes it chafe more, kinda like how loose shoes give you heel slip which leads to blisters.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads