• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iamntbatman

Reaction score
Anyone still waiting on tracking for the may shell mto?

Strange. I ordered some MTO shell boots in June that were due for an August delivery. I never got any sort of shipping notification and wasn't expecting them as it's still July, but I actually just got the boots this morning. My first pair of shell cordovan footwear and first Meermins. So far they're absolutely brutal (the roll on the right shoe digs into the tops of my toes with each step, though this got better throughout the day, and the top of the shaft was savagely digging into my legs) but the fit is clearly spot on for my foot and they look really lovely.

Kivi D

Reaction score
Strange. I ordered some MTO shell boots in June that were due for an August delivery. I never got any sort of shipping notification and wasn't expecting them as it's still July, but I actually just got the boots this morning. My first pair of shell cordovan footwear and first Meermins. So far they're absolutely brutal (the roll on the right shoe digs into the tops of my toes with each step, though this got better throughout the day, and the top of the shaft was savagely digging into my legs) but the fit is clearly spot on for my foot and they look really lovely.

I actually wanted to jump onto the ruby shell mto but wanted to wait for the other shell boots to come in and try to fine tune fitment.

Yoyobho

Reaction score
Anyone still waiting on tracking for the may shell mto?
I’m still waiting for my Brandy shell from May, which is ridiculous since several people have already received their orders. An email to Meermin CS a few days ago quoted “10-15 days” which I think is just a generic timeline

Kivi D

Reaction score
I’m still waiting for my Brandy shell from May, which is ridiculous since several people have already received their orders. An email to Meermin CS a few days ago quoted “10-15 days” which I think is just a generic timeline

Yea, their cs will drive you insane. I returned an order over two months ago and still no refund. After a few attempts to follow up and getting nowhere, I just opened a dispute with my bank and got my money right away.

I actually got a call earlier saying I have a package back at the house from Meermin, pretty sure they’re the boots. Interesting how they’re shipping without tracking, despite everyone asking where their orders are. I’m sure it’s the same case with you.

ChaoticKinesis

Reaction score
Has anyone received tracking or delivery from the custom loafer MTO that was supposed to be shipping in July?

iamntbatman

Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations for dealing with water spots on the Shinki cherry shell? Just wait? Try to even things out in some way?

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations for dealing with water spots on the Shinki cherry shell?

I don't have any Meermin shell shoes or boots, but when my shell boots from C&J and Carmina get water spots (and the Carmina are worse for water spots than the C&J), I have to brush them vigorously to get the water spots to disappear.

I sometimes give a light application of Saphir cordovan creme, following by a good brushing, as that's a faster way of getting the water spots to disappear, compared to just brushing.

Yoyobho

Reaction score
Update: emailed CS for tracking update and they finally got me a tracking number, for some reason they’re not automatically sending tracking shipment; might have to do with the website reshuffling

Jdsf

Reaction score
My last 3 orders from them they haven't emailed me the tracking numbers. Thankfully UPS sends me a notification whenever I'm getting a package.

iamntbatman

Reaction score
I don't have any Meermin shell shoes or boots, but when my shell boots from C&J and Carmina get water spots (and the Carmina are worse for water spots than the C&J), I have to brush them vigorously to get the water spots to disappear.

I sometimes give a light application of Saphir cordovan creme, following by a good brushing, as that's a faster way of getting the water spots to disappear, compared to just brushing.

Great, thank you!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads