• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Berwick 1707? How does Meermin compare?

I own a 3 of pairs of Berwick from AFPOS store and 2 pairs of Meermin. The QC in Berwick is better, my both Meermin shoes had some issues that in my book would be qualified as seconds.

Berwick shoes are very solid and well made. Meermin has great models, but that is a matter of personal taste. Hoping that the QC issues where an unfortunate incident I am in a MTO program from Meermin.

Some pictures of my Meermin shoes' QC issues.

Hope that information helps.

Meermin PTB.jpg
IMG_2634.JPG

Last edited:

Leanderthal

Reaction score
If anyone bought these in 8UK and isn’t happy with them, let me know! ?
1594574441643.jpeg

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting a pair of brown shell cordovan boots with a plain captoe for quite a while, and so am very tempted by Meermin's current GMTO offering:

However, in the pictures, the colour looks quite reddish-brown (more of a mahogany) than a "true" brown.

Does anyone have any experience with Meermin's brown shinki hikaku shell cordovan? Are the pictures a good representation, or is more of an actual brown?

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting a pair of brown shell cordovan boots with a plain captoe for quite a while, and so am very tempted by Meermin's current GMTO offering:

However, in the pictures, the colour looks quite reddish-brown (more of a mahogany) than a "true" brown.

Does anyone have any experience with Meermin's brown shinki hikaku shell cordovan? Are the pictures a good representation, or is more of an actual brown?

Those look quite nice. Can't speak to the color in person but they do look like a chili rather than brown in the pictures.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else had issues with the RON last? I usually wear a 10D US, was recommended by Meermin to get a 9UK, but I went to a 8.5UK as it’s a loafer. Fits great in the width, but seems to be long in length. Maybe it is the unlined nature of the soft calf loafers, or the last itself. Tongue pads helped my left foot, but not the right. Don’t think I’ll get this last again.

tbaja27

Reaction score
Has anyone else had issues with the RON last? I usually wear a 10D US, was recommended by Meermin to get a 9UK, but I went to a 8.5UK as it’s a loafer. Fits great in the width, but seems to be long in length. Maybe it is the unlined nature of the soft calf loafers, or the last itself. Tongue pads helped my left foot, but not the right. Don’t think I’ll get this last again.

I have some tassel loafers in suede on the Ron last. Went down 0.5 to a 7.5UK (usually 8UK) - fits well. No issues on my end.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some tassel loafers in suede on the Ron last. Went down 0.5 to a 7.5UK (usually 8UK) - fits well. No issues on my end.
Maybe I sized my foot wrong with those printable Brannock's and using Meermin's size assistance. I'll have to re do them

VaNeT

Reaction score
Anyone receive their May MTO order yet? Contacted Meermin 3 weeks ago and they said 15 days to ship. It's now been 3 weeks still nothing.
I get email with track number today. :bounce2:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads