• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meermin chukkas

They look perfect chukka’s. Are they a standard model?

Kimistry

Reaction score
Just received my MTO cordovan loafers after months of waiting. But the problem is that one of the shoes has a blemish right smack in the front middle of the right shoe. It's not just a discoloration, but you can tell it's slightly raised like a bubble. What are my options given that it's MTO? Do I just try to smooth it out myself with a deer bone? Can I even get it exchanged or refunded?

IMG_1212.jpeg
IMG_1213.jpeg

IMG_1217.jpeg

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score

theuglylover

Reaction score
Just received my MTO cordovan loafers after months of waiting. But the problem is that one of the shoes has a blemish right smack in the front middle of the right shoe. It's not just a discoloration, but you can tell it's slightly raised like a bubble. What are my options given that it's MTO? Do I just try to smooth it out myself with a deer bone? Can I even get it exchanged or refunded?

View attachment 1407854 View attachment 1407856

View attachment 1407857

I think it looks fine. Personally, it would be more of an issue if it was around where the vamp creases. At the same time, I have more tolerance for blemishes than most folks.

Kimistry

Reaction score
Mmm

bloody awful place for it! Will it smooth with a Deer bone perhaps?

I thought about that too. Was going to give that a shot, but wasn't sure if it would work and figured if they could replace it for me, I'd try that route. But based on things I've read online... it doesn't seem like that's an easy process.

Kimistry

Reaction score
I think it looks fine. Personally, it would be more of an issue if it was around where the vamp creases. At the same time, I have more tolerance for blemishes than most folks.

Why would it be worse on the vamp? I would think it would be better at masking the blemish? I probably wouldn't have much of an issue with it either if 1) it wasn't smack in the front middle, and 2) it weren't slightly raised.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I thought about that too. Was going to give that a shot, but wasn't sure if it would work and figured if they could replace it for me, I'd try that route. But based on things I've read online... it doesn't seem like that's an easy process.
Think you’d probably struggle with that..
From what I’ve seen of cordovan it’s a temperamental bugger!!

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why would it be worse on the vamp? I would think it would be better at masking the blemish? I probably wouldn't have much of an issue with it either if 1) it wasn't smack in the front middle, and 2) it weren't slightly raised.
Yeah, that's like a pimple on your nose. I'd demand some satisfaction...

AltNameTK

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Meermin's blue suede? I'm digging these from the MTO. They're a nice, rich color. But I've found blue suede generally to be drab, and I don't know if the color in the photos is really accurate or if Meermin edited them to increase the saturation.

Kimistry

Reaction score
Think you’d probably struggle with that..
From what I’ve seen of cordovan it’s a temperamental bugger!!

OK I hit it with the deer bone and some Saphir Renovateur and I think it's salvageable. What do you guys think?

IMG_1218.jpeg

But now I need to bring the correct polish back. Do you guys know if this is the right one to use?

theuglylover

Reaction score

If it was on the vamp, who knows how the creasing might affect the spot? It's quite possible creasing it would weaken the material around the bump and perhaps make it worse. As it stands now, I don't think it's particularly noticeable unless you're looking for it.

Usonian

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Meermin's blue suede? I'm digging these from the MTO. They're a nice, rich color. But I've found blue suede generally to be drab, and I don't know if the color in the photos is really accurate or if Meermin edited them to increase the saturation.

I think that looks pretty true to what I have from my navy suede from Meermin. I got some chukkas a few years back, and they definitely don't look drab in my opinion. But I'm also a sucker for navy suede, so I may be blinded by bias.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I’ve some blue suede Cheaney chukka boots and they look good but with what..

?

I think Meermin suede is as good as anyone’s suede as all from similar tanneries so I’d have no issue that way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads