• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty limited sizing options, at least for 9.5-10UK. I’m passing up the sale.

freshstyle

Reaction score
I think I jumped to quick on the sale. I bought the Wingtip boots in Rui last size 7.5uk.

I'm a 7uk in Carmina Rain and Inca last. (both are a nice snug fit in the toes)
I'm a 8.5us in Allen Edmonds 65 last. (I have a tiny bit of extra room in the toes)

My brannock size is 8.5us, and recommendation was to go one size down for Rui last in uk. Should I have gone with a 7? There might still be time...

Last edited:

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is something strange going on with Meermins site?

I registered to receive notifications as to when they were rereleasing the cigar shell blucher and just received an email saying it was back in stock.

Went to check site and it’s nowhere to be seen.

I haven’t tried Meermin yet so no idea if this is normal or not.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I jumped to quick on the sale. I bought the Wingtip boots in Rui last size 7.5uk.

I'm a 8.5us in Allen Edmonds 65 last. (I have a tiny bit of extra room in the toes)

My brannock size is 8.5us, and recommendation was to go one size down for Rui last in uk. Should I have gone with a 7? There might still be time...
Size 7 UK RUI seems more logical, though I have not tried that last.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what meermin last have you tried and what size are they? and what size are you in carmina lasts?
I haven't tried Carmina.

10.5D in Allen Edmonds 65, 10 UK Elton, 9.5 UK Hiro (somewhat tight). On second thought, the 7.5 UK RUI is safer for you, IMO.

shoerejuvenator

Reaction score
You might find this chart useful:
View attachment 1149483
I know this is an old post, but these Meermin last charts are off by a mile - unless I've missed something?

I'm a size 10.5E UK. I Have the measurements for the largest last I own. The bottom length (not stick) is 304.57. The bottom width is 97.9 and I would comfortably fit in their size 10.

Based on this chart I'm an Elton 9.0 and Hiro 9.5. I'd be like Cinderella's ugly sisters trying on her glass slipper with these sizes.

Andreas _Zuo

Reaction score

Exact same size with you.
Allen Edmond Oxford US8.5
Carmina Rain/Buger/Robert/Forest/Soller Last UK 7, Simpson Last UK 7.5 for shoes and UK 7 for Boots

freshstyle

Reaction score
Exact same size with you.
Allen Edmond Oxford US8.5
Carmina Rain/Buger/Robert/Forest/Soller Last UK 7, Simpson Last UK 7.5 for shoes and UK 7 for Boots

what last for boots are you in 7uk?

and what size/lasts are you for meermin?

Andreas _Zuo

Reaction score
why do you think you are different size for shoes and boots in the same last?
I normally take Simpson last shoes with UK7.5 because it’s too narrow for me. Then I bought Suede Chelsea Boots in Simpson last UK7.5. After break in, it became a bit loose for me. Secondly I choose a lama calf Jumper also in Simpson last. But this time I choose UK7 and it fits very well.

freshstyle

Reaction score
I normally take Simpson last shoes with UK7.5 because it’s too narrow for me. Then I bought Suede Chelsea Boots in Simpson last UK7.5. After break in, it became a bit loose for me. Secondly I choose a lama calf Jumper also in Simpson last. But this time I choose UK7 and it fits very well.

Thanks for the insight.

My 7.5uk rui boots are due to arrive Monday. They shipped it out right when I was chatting with customer service. We shall see....

dluce76

Reaction score
Did anyone here receive the Nov MTO Rapello snuff-e?!

Very disappointed in receiving now two different pairs in 4 months.
Both of doubtable quality and NOT AT ALL on par with product pictures. The second pair furthermore arrived scuffed like a factory second, first pair had military style hooks instead of eyelets and also a couple of scuffs.

View attachment 1365374

Both pairs wrong color (more like chestnut), no beautiful contrast stiching like the pictures, and days of fighting 'customer service' even though I supplied high res photos showing it was a completely different set of boots. I think now more than 40 emails for this one order.

Trustpilot seems to be filled with people who had similar experiences.

But. I'm curious - did ANYONE receive the above order, as it was originally described??
Sorry for your experience.

As has been said in this thread before, the ONLY place you should buy meermins from is their ebay seconds store, because there you can see pictures of the actual shoe you will receive.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads