• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I get your point but dissagree on the stand that they have to present here to respond, to be able to judge a company on their reputation or not.

Facts, like a such SO-ME based company actively removed the “Rating”-button on their facebook profile,.. or rating sites like this, tells enough about low quality, missing craftmanship and absent customer support. Yaks!

I have at least 3 or 4 pairs of Meermin but 50% max chance of succes simply doesnt cut it.

Im out $250 and consider the money lost.
Im no more proud than to devote 2 full weeks of easter holiday to examine productive ways of dragging scammers like that through the mud.. I wanna make completely sure that the loss they suffer is bigger than the loss they inflicted on me.
What size are your boots?

officine

Reaction score
Would any of you gentlemen happen to own the rust waxy calf PTB, and be willing to upload some real life pictures? Google searches have only provided the Meermin site marketing picture as attached. Thanks in advance.

D8595DDA-7CF4-4EE1-81E8-9A4117116B45.png

Enox

Reaction score
Can anyone help me pick which size would be most appropriate?
Brannock: 10.5 D
Allen Edmonds Strands (65 Last): 10 D
Allen Edmonds Bartlett (201 Last): 9.5 D

I'm thinking 9 UK/Meermin? Interested in Hiro and Elton lasts

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help me pick which size would be most appropriate?
Brannock: 10.5 D
Allen Edmonds Strands (65 Last): 10 D
Allen Edmonds Bartlett (201 Last): 9.5 D

I'm thinking 9 UK/Meermin? Interested in Hiro and Elton lasts
9 UK Hiro should work though you may need 9.5 UK Elton. I take a larger size in Elton vs. Hiro.

zargoz

Reaction score
Did anyone here receive the Nov MTO Rapello snuff-e?!

Very disappointed in receiving now two different pairs in 4 months.
Both of doubtable quality and NOT AT ALL on par with product pictures. The second pair furthermore arrived scuffed like a factory second, first pair had military style hooks instead of eyelets and also a couple of scuffs.

View attachment 1365374

Both pairs wrong color (more like chestnut), no beautiful contrast stiching like the pictures, and days of fighting 'customer service' even though I supplied high res photos showing it was a completely different set of boots. I think now more than 40 emails for this one order.

Trustpilot seems to be filled with people who had similar experiences.

But. I'm curious - did ANYONE receive the above order, as it was originally described??

I do have the snuff cap toes from the November MTO. I never noticed until you posted, mine do not have contrast stitching and do have speed hooks on top. The color on mine is more similar to the stock photos, a little darker but within normal batch-to-batch variations. TBH I prefer hooks for easier removal so no complaints. Too bad about the scuffs on yours, those are not acceptable for a first quality product. My pair had some light rubs/box wear, no worse than average for suede shoes shipped around the world.

Meermin seems to be a bit of a gamble, but for $250 it's a pretty nice pair of boots. I've probably had 6 or 7 pairs over the years and no serious flaws. I like the Hok last quite a bit, I have the burgundy Shinki boots from last fall and ordered the latest Cognac MTO as well.

Jumme

Reaction score
I do have the snuff cap toes from the November MTO. I never noticed until you posted, mine do not have contrast stitching and do have speed hooks on top. The color on mine is more similar to the stock photos, a little darker but within normal batch-to-batch variations. TBH I prefer hooks for easier removal so no complaints. Too bad about the scuffs on yours, those are not acceptable for a first quality product. My pair had some light rubs/box wear, no worse than average for suede shoes shipped around the world.

Meermin seems to be a bit of a gamble, but for $250 it's a pretty nice pair of boots. I've probably had 6 or 7 pairs over the years and no serious flaws. I like the Hok last quite a bit, I have the burgundy Shinki boots from last fall and ordered the latest Cognac MTO as well.
Can you plz provide a couple of good photos? Pm if you wish. Thx.

You didnt notice the missing contrast stiching? Both soles and leather sides..?

zargoz

Reaction score
Can you plz provide a couple of good photos? Pm if you wish. Thx.

You didnt notice the missing contrast stiching? Both soles and leather sides..?
I'll post photos later if I get a chance. So many months between order and receipt, I would never have remembered that contrast stitching had been shown in the model photo.

Jumme

Reaction score
I'll post photos later if I get a chance. So many months between order and receipt, I would never have remembered that contrast stitching had been shown in the model photo.
Thanks, appreciate it.

To me, personally, the contrast stichings were the only real sign of deviation from any other regular boot. And to me, an MTO cant be substituted with another product. Just because youre lazy. Or sloppy. Or ignorant. Or a combination.
You sell, you get paid, you deliver.

I have my share of Meermins, but this episode simply cuts it - I wont touch that company with a stick.
(Sorry, english is not my first language)

Volfan615

Reaction score
Lesson learned and safe to say I wont be shopping there again! ??

Even Alibaba and AliExpress have far better customer service.

Meermin customer service is horrible. It took me for ever to receive a refund on a return that I shipped back and was received the next day. All I got was excuses and excuses. I finally had to dispute the CC charge while waiting on them to take their sweet time with the refund.

Jumme

Reaction score
Meermin customer service is horrible. It took me for ever to receive a refund on a return that I shipped back and was received the next day. All I got was excuses and excuses. I finally had to dispute the CC charge while waiting on them to take their sweet time with the refund.
Terrible! I ordered an MTO, then next morning realised it would be difficult to source a matching belt, without noticable variations in color.
So. I write them an email, asking for a matching belt.
“Sure, just PayPal xxx amount, then we will send you model nr xxxxxx belt.”

By pure luck I google the model nr, and its way of. A completely other brown shade. I text them back, they are like “sure, maybe this xxxxx is better. PayPal us the money and we will add the belt to the order”.

Its like a freaking lottery what you get. And every time they argue “no no, its the right product. Its just a matter of lighting”.

I strongly suspect what happened was they outsourced customer service to china a while back.
I noticed some words and sentenced being typically Chinese syntax, as soon as he had to deviate from standard frases. What a shame!

zanci

Reaction score
Meermin customer service was always great for me, (2-3 years ago). The mto was not perfect twice, but they always refunded me and a lot. Very fair from them.

Jumme

Reaction score
Meermin customer service was always great for me, (2-3 years ago). The mto was not perfect twice, but they always refunded me and a lot. Very fair from them.
Well, that must have changed. I supplied pictues to show vast detail differences between MTO pics and what they sent, and the reply was “its the light”.

79B73E38-C7F5-4AB2-9BD5-DD2ADE912207.jpeg 6ABF5C8A-0F86-4BCF-906B-558AA0DB2E23.jpeg

I also noticed they deleted the MTO pictues from their server in the meantime. That suggests a deliberate scam more than ‘mistake’.

I would never buy something from them unless literally holding it in the shop.

Come to think of it, I was in the Madrid shop in late september while same Rapello snuff MTO was running, and asking about the HOK last the sales rep replied “we dont have a last of that name”. I already then had ordered and paid for the HOK online. What suckers.

HammerHead05

Reaction score
I noticed today that one of my pairs of Meermin is showing cracks in the outsole. I'm thinking that I need to start using Saphir's Sole Guard but I wouldn't mind inputs from the gents in this thread.

IMG_20200405_200553.jpg

WayneLyndon

Reaction score
Is the site hacked or not? What’s the story here, just un ugly rumour or? Meermin seems to have first ever sale!

But does anything fit for wide (G) foot with high instep? Whole collection seem always been narrow and low. Even if some lasts are marketed as wide I always took it as it is wide in their context only.

The experience with the company has always seemed to be such a gamble with CS and QC that made me think it’s not worth the trouble. But prices now are so low it is tempting.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads