• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sfroide3

Reaction score
Eventually, yes, but it seems to take a while. I have two pairs of Meermins and it took months for them to soften up. Full disclosure, I only wore them once a week or less. I agree that it would be really hard to justify Carmina for something you're only wearing infrequently.

You actually don't need to go as expensive as Carmina to get way more softer leather than Meermin. A very good brand is always Carlos Santos. Retails for 100 usd more than Meermin but still less than Carmina. TLB Mallorca is a very good alternative to Carmina too without breaking the bank. I can't vouch for brands like Herring, Loake, etc as I don't own any shoes from them. I tried Skolyx but the leather is also very stiff.

mux8

Reaction score
Another thing you can do to soften the leather is to spray them from the inside with leather stretch solution and wear thick socks. This helps considerably break them in much quicker.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I picked these Meermin seconds in the same size as my Hiro oxfords and they are just too tight for me (only worn on carpet). Before I post them back for sale thought I would share here. PM me if interested.

I really like the style of these and may get the next size up this model.

9.5 UK Elton
Paid $115
99E39EA3-53C2-481A-B831-03505AD3448D.jpeg F907FABB-0ABA-4E26-99A1-6B70EAC309B9.jpeg

Nicolas92

Reaction score
Hello together and sorry for my bad english,

i bought my first pair of MTO Meermin shoes 3 month ago and i am very pleased with the quality. Sadly they don't fit me perfectly and UK Size 5 seems to be too small and i should have bought UK Size 5,5. I can walk with them for 20 minutes but afterwards my toes hurt because they have no space to move and they are squeezed together. Will this get better after some time or should i sell them because the toe area will not get better like other parts of shoes ?

Attachments

• IMG_20190311_162125244.jpg
    IMG_20190311_162125244.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_20190314_162030588.jpg
    IMG_20190314_162030588.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 225

Sfroide3

Reaction score
Hello together and sorry for my bad english,

i bought my first pair of MTO Meermin shoes 3 month ago and i am very pleased with the quality. Sadly they don't fit me perfectly and UK Size 5 seems to be too small and i should have bought UK Size 5,5. I can walk with them for 20 minutes but afterwards my toes hurt because they have no space to move and they are squeezed together. Will this get better after some time or should i sell them because the toe area will not get better like other parts of shoes ?

If you toes are squeezed together you got the wrong size. Sizing is done with the ball of your foot first. Double check that.

Konnor

Reaction score
I would be extremely cautious ordering off the Meermin website right now. After a few people spoke about it being potentially hijacked, I but the bullet and ordered some shoes. My card was compromised and charged for $2400 immediately afterwards.

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would be extremely cautious ordering off the Meermin website right now. After a few people spoke about it being potentially hijacked, I but the bullet and ordered some shoes. My card was compromised and charged for $2400 immediately afterwards.

Wow! Sorry, I hope that you can solve it.
This is why I prefer to use PayPal for all my online purchases...

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I ordered some half boots (101605 - NAVY SUEDE - E) today. Within a couple of hours, I got a call from my bank. They wanted to verify my purchase from a computer company in California?? The computer company debit was for the same price as the Meermin purchase??? I did not buy anything from a computer company.

Volfan615

Reaction score

Scary stuff. I placed an order Sunday that arrived today and then placed another order online today. I haven't noticed any fraudulent activity yet but will be on the look out. Fortunately I used my Apple Card and can quickly get a new virtual number from the bank.

Konnor

Reaction score
I ordered some half boots (101605 - NAVY SUEDE - E) today. Within a couple of hours, I got a call from my bank. They wanted to verify my purchase from a computer company in California?? The computer company debit was for the same price as the Meermin purchase??? I did not buy anything from a computer company.
Did the meermin purchase show up on your statement as well? The two major charges were on Turo. I guess someone in California went on a joyride for the day.

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got an oil stain on my meermin suede chukkas. Any tips to get it out?

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"The key is knowing what you need to do and taking action quickly...":

Corn starch worked. Thanks again! Saved me $200. Most of it is gone. Barely noticeable. I’m going to order that saphir Omni netanyat suede shampoo. That might do the trick.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics