• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SS 376

Reaction score
I would be curious to know how many StyleForum members own multiple pairs of Meermin, and are overall satisfied with their quality and performance regardless of price point. I know sometimes the reviews and concerns in this thread can lead some to believe StyleForum represents a higher percentage of Meermin's customer base than reality.

Some follow the quality over quantity ideology, but I'm aware not everyone can or wants to spend $300+ for a pair of shoes...

I have two pairs and I'm satisfied overall. I haven't had any issues. I think they're a great value at that price point.

mux8

Reaction score
When I ordered these I thought that I was an 11.5D US and following some advice here I ordered the size 11 UK. I have since come to realize that I am actually a size 12D US and these turned out a bit short for me. An 11.5 UK pair would have fit me better.

Interesting, the typical reccomendation is to take one full size down for the Hiro last. I.e. if you are 8.5 US take 7.5 UK (or if you wear a 9 Nike go 1.5 sizes down). That's 1 step down. For The HOK and RUI you can actually take 1.5 UK down and allow them to stretch.

You probably just need to break them in.

Last edited:

WSB17

Reaction score
The black split-toe MTO boots arrived yesterday.
In terms of QC, this is possibly the best Meermin pair I've received so far (I own 2 others).
No obvious faults, the welt looks even and balanced, etc. Perhaps with the MTO orders they have better control.
The black calf leather looks good but we'll see how it ages.

More importantly is the fit, the 9.5 UK on the HOK is a very good fit for me as it turned out.
I'm a perfect 11D on AE's 65 last (10 UK on Hiro), so sizing down by 1.5 worked out ok.

They do feel comfortable, with normal Meermin stiffness, and I expect them to break in nicely.
Overall, I'm satisfied.. it's Meermin, so my expectations were not that high to begin with.
I was looking for a pair of beater boots for this winter, for casual wear, etc. and these should do the job.

01-20200128_182434.jpg
04-20200129_085334.jpg

02-20200128_182503.jpg
03-20200128_182550.jpg
05-20200129_121124.jpg
06-20200129_121148.jpg

Sfroide3

Reaction score
Very very nice ! I would go with something like Kudu leather for a winter beater pair of boots !

mux8

Reaction score
Go with Cobbler Union. Support a good Atlanta business! (Also their shoes are great, so are the people)
The black split-toe MTO boots arrived yesterday.
In terms of QC, this is possibly the best Meermin pair I've received so far (I own 2 others).
No obvious faults, the welt looks even and balanced, etc. Perhaps with the MTO orders they have better control.
The black calf leather looks good but we'll see how it ages.

More importantly is the fit, the 9.5 UK on the HOK is a very good fit for me as it turned out.
I'm a perfect 11D on AE's 65 last (10 UK on Hiro), so sizing down by 1.5 worked out ok.

They do feel comfortable, with normal Meermin stiffness, and I expect them to break in nicely.
Overall, I'm satisfied.. it's Meermin, so my expectations were not that high to begin with.
I was looking for a pair of beater boots for this winter, for casual wear, etc. and these should do the job.

View attachment 1326864 View attachment 1326867
they look very good. Any reason you're just satisfied and not happy with the pair?

WSB17

Reaction score
they look very good. Any reason you're just satisfied and not happy with the pair?
No reason at all, you could say I'm happy. :)
I think they make a very good product, you just have to be realistic about your expectations.
I intend to try the Linea Maestro line next actually.

gbandi

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with unlined loafer? Need help with sizing. Do people size down from Ron/Hiro/Elton?

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Had my Shinki cordovan with JR soles modified with a sunken toe plate to protect the welt. I also got a natural cxl boot on same
HOK last as a second and have to say I’m extremely happy with both. The cxl is a great colour and super comfortable. Both boots are very light compared to English made boots I have.

Attachments

• 6D87B9F2-E14C-4373-85FB-A84764AF160F.jpeg
    6D87B9F2-E14C-4373-85FB-A84764AF160F.jpeg
    257.5 KB · Views: 338
  • 20C7AB53-448A-4D26-852B-D7792AF36FC2.jpeg
    20C7AB53-448A-4D26-852B-D7792AF36FC2.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 370

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I just mistyped the URL. being that I'm from Germany I wrote meermin.de instead of meermin.es turns out those honorable gentleman at shoepassion.de own that URL and use it to redirect to their page. I find this kind of business practice at best dishonest.
I am not a lawyer, but I am sure, given that you probably trademarked your brand and that they operate a similar business and thus mislead customers this way, Meermin could probably enforce a cease and desist. Though I am not a lawyer.

patelsd

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in a pair of the Unlined String Loafers in a UK 9.5 in brown/tan suede, let me know. I bought them recently and they're just not right for my feet.

gbandi

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in a pair of the Unlined String Loafers in a UK 9.5 in brown/tan suede, let me know. I bought them recently and they're just not right for my feet.
What size are you and how do they fit?

Canadian Sensei

Reaction score
Sizing help for wide feet - I am interested in the current MTO shell cordovan boot in cigar, but I am unsure about which size to order. I do not have any Meermin shoes or boots, and I do not live near a Meermin retail store. On Allen Edmonds 65 last, I wear 6.5 EEE, and 6 EEE on their 201 last. I am between size 7.5D - 8D on the Brannock scale. My feet measure 254mm long and 103mm wide. I've read numerous message boards, their sizing chart, size measurements and I am still unsure as I have not found a posting of someone who wears AEs in "EEE" width. Can some poeple please chime in on size recommendations for the MTO shell cordovan boots on the HOK last? Thank you in advance!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads