• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If this shoe came in the New Rey last I'd have about 10 pairs in every major color and leather type.......sick!!

I think that the market is full of elongated double monks, the meermins are nice just for its classic rounded shape.
It's really a great proportioned and designed model, too good to be true at this price.

Last edited:

eyeofthetig3r

Reaction score

It seems my soles are starting to split and I haven't worn them yet. Is this the case? And will it get worse with wear?

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It seems my soles are starting to split and I haven't worn them yet. Is this the case? And will it get worse with wear?

That is fine, wear it

dsc

Reaction score

i see no one talking about the loafers... has ANYONE tried those? particularly the tassel ones?

I'm considering getting a pair of these for the summer:

http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1939#

Just not sure how RON compares to AMA or HIRO. Emailed Pepe / Jose, waiting for a reply.

Has anyone here compared the AMA / HIRO to the 348 from C&J? I wear a 7.5UK in the 348s and I already have a pair of AMA bluchers in 8UK, although I'm a bit worried they will stretch too much and become loose.

BTW here's two shots of what a Meermin (AMA last blucher, the one I mentioned above) can look like with proper light:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tompjagiello/7443360246/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tompjagiello/7447546442/in/photostream#

[photos are copyright protected]

Regards,
dsc.

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of C&J Lowndes on the 348 and my black cap toes on the Hiro is almost identical with regards to fit, only shorter and rounded.

DHV

Reaction score

I have a pair of C&J Lowndes on the 348 and my black cap toes on the Hiro is almost identical with regards to fit, only shorter and rounded.

I sized my Hiro's up half a size cause they were shorter than 348.

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With feet there is no definitive answer, but for me they are quite identical in fit, but I have slightly shorter but wider feet than a normal size 7.

Swede66

Reaction score

I'm considering getting a pair of these for the summer:
http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1939#
Just not sure how RON compares to AMA or HIRO. Emailed Pepe / Jose, waiting for a reply.
Has anyone here compared the AMA / HIRO to the 348 from C&J? I wear a 7.5UK in the 348s and I already have a pair of AMA bluchers in 8UK, although I'm a bit worried they will stretch too much and become loose.
BTW here's two shots of what a Meermin (AMA last blucher, the one I mentioned above) can look like with proper light:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tompjagiello/7443360246/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tompjagiello/7447546442/in/photostream#
[photos are copyright protected]
Regards,
dsc.

Impressive pictures! With quality shots like these on the Meermin webpage prices could be increased...

Last edited:

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After lurking and digesting, I'm close to taking the plunge on a couple of Linea Maestro Meermins - the 10164 and 10172 both on the New Rey last. fyi: I see that the Del Rey is fairly sleek, I happen to be a 10.5+ (my right foot is about 2/16 wider near my toes). Not having ever ordered shoes untried and from overseas, here's what I've gathered from the thread so far:

1. Best way to get a good fit: trace my foot on paper and send a pic of it with measurement as a guide to Pepe for size recomendations.
  2. They're good about communication, and super helpful, but slower these days.
  3. Total cost for two pairs looks to be about $750 (250eur x 2 = 500eur / $780, -vat=$680, +$75 shipping=$750) with an extra $20-40 in duties depending.
  4. I should expect about 10days for them to arrive stateside barring a holdup with fedex.

That's my summary - are there any gotchas that I'm missing? I've also got two questions for the crowd:

1. Does a burnished toe require MTO? I'm preferential to a little darkening on the nose of the 10172, but it's not a deal breaker.
  2. I'm preferential to the Linea Maestro for the higher quality leather and construction but am concerned the New Rey last isn't going to work for me. If it doesn't and I need to go to their Classic line for the Hiro or Olfe, is it really a big step down in quality? I'm concerned that at that point, it's not really worth it; maybe good shoes for the money, but possibly better saved towards something better?

Appreciate any input!

Last edited:

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

After lurking and digesting, I'm close to taking the plunge on a couple of Linea Maestro Meermins - the 10164 and 10172 both on the New Rey last. fyi: I see that the Del Rey is fairly sleek, I happen to be a 10.5+ (my right foot is about 2/16 wider near my toes). Not having ever ordered shoes untried and from overseas, here's what I've gathered from the thread so far:
  1. Best way to get a good fit: trace my foot on paper and send a pic of it with measurement as a guide to Pepe for size recomendations.
  2. They're good about communication, and super helpful, but slower these days.
  3. Total cost for two pairs looks to be about $750 (250eur x 2 = 500eur / $780, -vat=$680, +$75 shipping=$750) with an extra $20-40 in duties depending.
  4. I should expect about 10days for them to arrive stateside barring a holdup with fedex.
That's my summary - are there any gotchas that I'm missing? I've also got two questions for the crowd:
  1. Does a burnished toe require MTO? I'm preferential to a little darkening on the nose of the 10172, but it's not a deal breaker.
  2. I'm preferential to the Linea Maestro for the higher quality leather and construction but am concerned the New Rey last isn't going to work for me. If it doesn't and I need to go to their Classic line for the Hiro or Olfe, is it really a big step down in quality? I'm concerned that at that point, it's not really worth it; maybe good shoes for the money, but possibly better saved towards something better?
Appreciate any input!

Your calculations seem to use gbp, no EU. 2 pairs is 500 EU...minus vat leaves you at 400 EU. Shipping is 35 euro for up to 2 pairs, so then you are at 435 EU shipped.

Based on current exchange rates, thats $535

Unless you are just building up your shoe collection, I don't think the classic line is worth it. good shoe, but more along the lines of a Loake 1880 or AE.

Btw, as far as i know, you can get any LM shoe on any last for the MTO upcharge.

TurboTropic

Reaction score
There have been a few posts about excellent customer service from Meermin. While I don't disagree that some may have received this, it's not always the case. I'm talking specifically regarding communication because thus far I haven't received anything from them since I paid on July 15 - 12 days ago. I ordered a pair of OTR black captoes in 9UK. I received confirmation from PayPal that the payment went through but nothing from Meermin. I don't know if (a) the shoes are in/out of stock, or (b) if they've been shipped. No response to my emails. That's not excellent customer service no matter how busy you are.

Did anyone ever get a tracking number on their order?

Last edited:

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you looked in your spam-folder?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics