Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. TurboTropic

TurboTropic Senior member

Did everyone receive a shipping notification? It's been a week since I ordered and I thought I'd get something.

2. Jmen

Jmen Well-Known Member

I'm also still waiting for a shipping notification. They said they'd ship the shoes this Monday, but I haven't heard anything from TNT or Meermin. Hopefully they'll send the shoes next Monday..

3. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

Perfect. Thank you sir.

How typical that people in other places of the world speak perfect English while I can't speak a lick of anything else. America fail.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012

4. knucks

knucks Senior member

Yes, worn them a few times.
    I like them, breaking in nice.

I have a pair of suede rafello in the Ama last. These are a bit more narrow, but should stretch out OK.
    (I'm really an EE)

5. Zarium

Zarium Senior member

How do you guys trace your feet? By using a normal A4-sized paper and faxing it?

Do help - although I'm fairly sure UK 6.5 is what I'd wear, perhaps reconfirming with Jose would be good.

6. Engi

Engi Senior member

Beautiful shoes !

Please can you provide us your feedback about the shell cordovan leather quality ? How is the quality of the leather w.r.t. the shell cordovan Alden one ? Is the colour of the first pair of shoes shell cordovan burgundy ?

Thanks in advance for your reply !

Ciao

Engi

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012

7. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

Those shell longwings look awesome... good pickup! I am waiting for my shell cordovan to show up later today... will post pics...

8. mymil

mymil Senior member

Look at how much easier spoiler tags make this thread to read.

9. schmallo15

schmallo15 Senior member

Well, at half the price of a pair of Alden shell LWB, I was willing to take a shot. They are burgundy which I believe is the only color available for the shell LWB (at least on the website). Honestly, it's hard to tell at this point how the quality is. On the surface, it looks fine. It's definitely stiffer than the Alden's I tried on but I don't know how that translates to how good/bad the shell is. It may be a few months before I can really make any sort of comment on them in terms of the shell quality.

10. Bertel

Bertel Senior member

So you bought them as they are from the Linea Maestro, no MTO? Then the Shell LWB is on the Rui last which should be much rounder and wider as the Freudenberg on the New Rey last - almost exact opposites when looking at their table of lasts. If the New Rey fits you, will you have the Shell LWB adjusted (it probably wouldn't work the other way round, if the Rui fits you fine then the Freudenberg would be way too narrow). How do you feel about their different fits?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012

11. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

Here pics of my new Linea Maestro Split Toe Norweigian Derby shoes. Cuero Shell Cordovan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here they are next to Alden Ravello and Ralph Lauren Marlow plain toe bluchers to give a sense of color....

[​IMG]
    They appear to well made, fit very well and are comfortable upon first wearing. The leather is a bit stiff at first and we will see if it softens as it ages.... so far I am very impressed... especially at the price for shell cordovan....
    I got a 9.5 UK which is my size for Tricker's, Alfred Sargent and Loake's. I wear a 10D Barrie Last.... they seem to fit very well.

12. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Those are simply spectacular. What was the price? Did they have the special order upcharge?

13. joiji

joiji Senior member

14. schmallo15

schmallo15 Senior member

Yup. The LWB were not MTO.

For the New Rey last, I went up a half size compared to the Rui last, per Pepe's suggestion. I was actually expecting the Rui to fit well and the New Rey to either be too narrow or too big but was pleasantly surprised when both shoes fit well right out of the box. The caveat is that I haven't worn them for any period of time yet and have barely walked on carpet so I may feel differently with some extended wear.

15. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

Thanks... 280.76 Euros including shipping..... Customer service is awesome