• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Heavyweight Tees Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's popular heavyweight tees are now restocked, in three styles, so there is something for every style. They are available in three classic colors: white, black, and the heather grey featured here.. These high quality tees are staples that work in every seasons. Check them out here here

If you have any questions for the designer, please, he is a valued and active member and sponsor of the community, and can be found here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tanbar

Reaction score
^ thank you , really nice pic, i understand from the web that *** cordovan will crease unlike the horween where it wave.

2 more month waiting for the shell db.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Here's my pair after a few wears, they're rolling fairly similarly to horween

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have anything made by Meermin on the RUI last? I am a 9EE and my previous two shoes from Meermin were too slim.

riton

Reaction score
I emailed Meermin ([email protected]) Saturday at 330pm and got a response this morning at 1231am. I was asking about the status of a MTO I joined a few weeks ago.

I've only ordered from them once before and got my shoes in less that two weeks. So far I've been happy with their service

Nice ! They are answering emails about sales but not the ones about quality issues...

MTLinStyle

Reaction score
@MLTinStyle I have a similar foot (high instep, wide at the front), I am a great fit in Hiro 9.5UK, would you recommend going to a 9UK in the Rui? I have heard this from other owners, that the Rui is 1/2 size bigger than the Hiro.

TIA,

DL-

TheBlackDonDraper

Reaction score
519c0d1ae03d04bdf2eab442bdd5da01.jpg

Just received my 101477 - DARK BROWN LAMA CALF size 10.5uk. Shipping only took 5 days, 3 business to arrive in NYC from Spain via FedEx.

Shoes are in very good condition, leather smells wonderful and other than some slight scratches on the left midsole:
33a2bdcb49677ae163d58ff822f8341e.jpg

And a bit of glue peeping out from under the right toe welt:
34d17cf7c19683d57181fed57747272b.jpg

They are perfect.

I placed the order and they we're ready so long ago I was even charged by Meermins old pricing model in euros.

I'm going to treat them with paste and polish and give my comfort impressions tomorrow after a day in the NYC elements.

Oleg

Reaction score
Just received my first pair of Meermin, the double monks. But they're absolutely tiny. I'm a UK8 in pretty much everything so, having looked for guidance, ordered a UK8. But they seem nearly half an inch smaller than a pair of Loakes 1880s with a similar last. I'm wondering whether to skip and 8.5 adn go for a 9 they're so far off. Is this a common problem?
Nice shoes and great value but the sizing seems way off.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so...i am just getting into nice footwear. i just bought my first pair of Allen Edmonds (seconds) and i am not in love with them. i am thinking of returning them and taking a shot at a pair of Meermin boots. most likely the dark brown calf chukka. thoughts?

these are the AE, btw:

Captivate

Reaction score
Just received my first pair of Meermin, the double monks. But they're absolutely tiny. I'm a UK8 in pretty much everything so, having looked for guidance, ordered a UK8. But they seem nearly half an inch smaller than a pair of Loakes 1880s with a similar last. I'm wondering whether to skip and 8.5 adn go for a 9 they're so far off. Is this a common problem?
Nice shoes and great value but the sizing seems way off.
This. Ordered a 7.5UK/41 in the Oxfords after getting advice from Meermin as these are my first pair of good year welted shoes (usually a 41 in cheap leather shoes). Fit is snug maybe tight in the toe box on the third wear, small toe keeps rubbing against the shoe. Anyone know how many days it takes to break in to know if it's the right or wrong size?

Last edited:

Indyoshi68

Reaction score

so...i am just getting into nice footwear. i just bought my first pair of Allen Edmonds (seconds) and i am not in love with them. i am thinking of returning them and taking a shot at a pair of Meermin boots. most likely the dark brown calf chukka. thoughts?

these are the AE, btw:

Your second quality Bleekers should not fuel your overall opinion of AE, especially if you will be comparing them to first quality Meermin chukkas. It's hit or miss with seconds, and AE offering second quality shoes is something not done by other higher end makers. Compare a first quality shoe from both makers before you decide; the Meermin lasts may be more to your liking aesthetically, but price, quality control, customer service and leather/construction quality should have some bearing as well on your choice. I'm waiting on a brown cordovan chukka from AE (second quality) and am almost sure before i even see it that I will be happier with it than a brown calf chukka from Meermin...but it's probably less than the Meermin. If it's your first foray into higher end footwear, Wisconsin may be slightly easier to deal with than Spain - shipping, translation, VAT, weak or strong Euro, unanswered emails... Make sure you're making a fair comparison. Worse case scenario: send back the Bleekers and order another pair, if available. It'll cost you ten bucks. I've had to try a couple times to get what I want on occasion. I would suggest that you do a little more research before dropping several hundred dollars.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The rolls on the leather in that AE look normal...

That's what happens to boots where they crease...

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ugexuye