• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tauben

Reaction score
This may sound stupid, but anybody got an idea on how to remove the sticker from the leather sole of those shoes without leaving a big, nasty mark on them? Tried removing the edge, but it really didn't look like it would come off well.

Last edited:

Engi

Reaction score

Nope, that might just be bad lighting, altough I can't actually see it.
Engi:Thank you, I only use Saphir products, if interested check out the official shoe care thread for tips and pointers. I get my supply from A Fine Pair of Shoes, great prices. Would recommend their wax, cream and especially the Saphir Renovateur.

Thanks a lot Christian, I suspected it was Saphir ... nice shine effect !

Ciao

Engi

Gosroth

Reaction score
This may sound stupid, but anybody got an idea on how to remove the sticker from the leather sole of those shoes without leaving a big, nasty mark on them? Tried removing the edge, but it really didn't look like it would come off well.

Two things you could try; rubbing in some shoe polish or oil based product around the edges of the sticker to dissolve the glue, or blowing on the sticker with a hair dryer to make the glue dry out. The later is probably a bad idea since it will cause the leather to dry out as well, and is probably not worth that risk.

In other news, as we pass midnight, I´m into my second week of waiting for reply from Meermin regarding my exchange of sizes (they recived the return package five days ago according to the web tracker).

Honestly, I do prefer them to keep the current prices rather then to employ a bunch of people to answer emails alone and yank up prices accordingly (I do prefer paying for shoes instead of of fast e-mail turnarround), but this is a bit extreme, considering it concerns a return-and-exchange case of shoes paid for over a month and a half ago.

Maybe it´s time to send a polite reminder...

It sounds like others are experiencing simillar wait times, so hopefully it´s not case of post office messing up the return delivery or something simmilar.

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Badly want to see the thumbnail for the link to the "Norvegesse" come to fruition for sale.

mymil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the sticker weren't on a pair of shoes, I'd suggest warming it with a blow dryer. That usually works very well. But the heat might not be great for the shoes.

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maiden voyage for the Meermin oxfords. Leather treated with Renovateur, but still slightly stiff. I suggest cream/conditioner before wearing for first time. Saphir black wax first coat, and I then went crazy and put on navy blue coats for the mirror. Sole wear moderate, usual minor creases.

Bad pic (until I get new camera):

Last edited:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Be careful not to apply too much wax before breaking the shoe in, else the coats may break, afaik. But I am sure you are aware of that. Looking forward to hearing from you about the shoes after a couple wears.

Last edited:

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Be careful not to apply too much wax before breaking the shoe in, else the coats may break, afaik. But I am sure you are aware of that. Looking forward to hearing from you about the shoes after a couple wears.

Can you please explain this to me? I've never heard this and I am new to nice shoes, so I'd love to know more!!

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Can you please explain this to me? I've never heard this and I am new to nice shoes, so I'd love to know more!!

When the shoe leather creases, it can cause layers of polish to flake off. If you wait until the shoe has creased to thoroughly polish, you can minimize this. It doesn't hurt anything, just removes the polish you labored to apply.

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any more pictures of anyone receiving Linea Maestro ???? This thread needs more pictures!!

QFT! Won't be long before my next order, will update with pictures.

Last edited:

GucciKid

Reaction score
Add me to those that received very fast communication from Meermin before I paid and then not much after (about 4 or 5 days now). I decided to cancel my order (for two pairs) and while I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, I have a feeling they're just going to ship them anyway after receiving the email. Seems to me these guys are mostly concerned with getting your money and then they're going to figure everything else out afterwards.

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the amount of emails they receive daily, I actually don't blame them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads