• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chubbs

Reaction score

It might not be in an email but if you go to their webpage and click on your orders -- then click on the down arrow next to the particular order it should show tracking info in there -- the web design is not the best in that regard.  Was this on an MTO or one of their in stock offerings?

Yeah, I logged into my account on their website and there is no tracking. It was a stock offering, the chukka in snuff rapello.

crwecko

Reaction score

I steer away from the debate (I can't say that I agree with anything you say), but check out a relatively new US-based (shoes are made in Spain) manufacturer, Cobbler Union. The 'Miquel II' whole cuts comes in a few shades. 

Back to Meermin. 

This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. The design is exquisite and the quality of leather (French Calf) looks great. At $395 and free 2-5 day shipping and free returns, it's a real steal, especially for being Made in Spain. Looks more like the a fancier version of Meermin's Linea Maestra. Thanks so much for your help! :)

totolino85

Reaction score
I have Meermin shoes in both Rui and Hiro lasts, as well as Alden shoes in Barrie last.

My normal size is 10D in US sizing. I would say I am more in between 10D< my size < 10E.

My experience is that Rui is wider than Hiro. Even though both my Rui (shell LWB) and Hiro (suede chukka) are of the same UK size 9. I probably could have gone down to UK 8.5 for the Rui. Nevertheless, after breaking in, the UK 9 Rui fits quite nicely.

My Barrie is 9.5D and they fit nicely.

YMMV.

I don't agree,

I have uk10 in hiro that fits me like a glove , uk10 in rui is just too large for me , I had to go down to 9.5 and it's much much better.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't agree,

I have uk10 in hiro that fits me like a glove , uk10 in rui is just too large for me , I had to go down to 9.5 and it's much much better.
is 10uk in hiro the the same size as 9.5uk in rui?

totolino85

Reaction score
is 10uk in hiro the the same size as 9.5uk in rui?

neither yes or no...
they are simply different fits ;

rui is way larger (I've large feet so I like better the rui fit) than hiro in same size (i'd say even 5\6 mm) , same lenght though.

The fact that RUI is larger makes most of the times suggestible to get 1\2 size less (goes same way for C&J in my experience) , off course if you get 1\2 size less you get also a bit shorter shoe ( again maybe 4\5 mm) but it should be compensated by the extra room you get on the side..

Personal experience is that for me 10 Hiro is perfect and 10 Rui is ridicolously large , I swim into the shoe... 9.5 is perfect for me

momsdoc

Reaction score
Here is a Meermin MTO I;ve joined. A very unique boot. Anyone interested please join in. My experience with Meermin is that it takes patience to get your order. But once you receive them, they are a higher quality than shoes at twice the price. A little gem of a find.

https://meermin.es/grupoMTO.php?idGrupo=55

table21

Reaction score
Not sure whats up but I ordered a pair of "LIGHT BROWN ANTIQUE CALF" boots from the GMTO back in late Aug, and they still have not shown up. I emailed meermin about them 2 weeks back and I still have not got any response. Has anyone received this order yet?

MrTopCat

Reaction score
Not sure whats up but I ordered a pair of "LIGHT BROWN ANTIQUE CALF" boots from the GMTO back in late Aug, and they still have not shown up. I emailed meermin about them 2 weeks back and I still have not got any response. Has anyone received this order yet?

My GMTO estimated shipping is in November 2014, which I placed an order for around late September, and still have not had a single email about it.

No email telling me the GMTO was successful, no email telling me my shoes are now in production or whatever.

I emailed them today asking about the order, hopefully I'll get a response, but if I don't get a response by the end of this month I'll file a dispute via PayPal.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GMTO's generally take 4 to 6 months from my experience.

MrTopCat

Reaction score
GMTO's generally take 4 to 6 months from my experience.

Someone else mentioned previously that their estimated shipping was "October 2014", and they got them on 13th October.

4 - 6 months is far too long.
censored.gif

I hope mine are delivered soon. I don't mind if there's a delay but I'd like to at least know their status instead of being left in the dark like this, and table21's situation doesn't put my mind at ease on this matter.

Last edited:

blackadder

Reaction score
I'm waiting on the same shoes. I'm sure they're coming, and that the dates have merely slipped as they have so many times in the past.

I have got to say that with Meermin you get what you pay for, i.e. good but not great quality shoes and with many sacrifices in terms of service. For a while the style blogs and forums were presenting Meermin as delivering quite a bit more than you pay for, and I'm no longer convinced that's so much true.

nielsbusch

Reaction score
I also ordered the "LIGHT BROWN ANTIQUE CALF" boots. The weird thing is that my order page is now showing "Crust Cuero" with the wrong size. I emailed them yesterday. Lets see what will happen.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads