1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Putonghua73

Putonghua73 Senior member

I concur. I'm not normally a fan of suede, but paired with a light coloured pair of light material trousers for clement weather (we Brits have had our one week summer last week - normal schedule of nuclear skies and rain has resumed) would be perfect.

A female work colleague, whom I consult for sartorial advice i.e. show her garments that have caught my eye in SF posts, has given these her seal of approval. She was very appreciative. Good purchase, RDiaz!

Note: I was thinking of actually trying on women's boot-cut cotton / linen trousers in cream / white because the men's are all too narrow and tapered (hate tapered trousers), but my gym regime hasn't sufficiently progressed where I would feel comfortable wearing them, as I would prefer to go from 86kg to 80kg beforehand (I'm 6ft). Hmm .. maybe the sand wholecuts would require darker trousers than cream / white for a contrast? A dilemma to consider for next Spring / Summer.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  2. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Worthy of a spoiler-less reply! Nice

3. kev777

kev777 Senior member

4. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

I'm not a fan of wearing shoes that are much lighter than trousers, really. I bought these just for my summer clothing, which is mostly very light blues, greys and tans. Not sure about pairing these shoes with anything darker, and they will probably go back into the closet for fall/winter...

Glad you like the shoes, gents [​IMG]

5. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

actually, I prefered them as a derby. these are nice though.

6. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

Yeah I was hoping they would have some classic white bucks (plain toe derbies), but nope, no luck. There was also a pair of brown/white spectators that I almost picked up, but ended up with the wholecuts.

7. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

wear them in good health.

8. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

those are very, very nice, indeed.

9. joiji

joiji Senior member

10. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

ah ok, why?

11. joiji

joiji Senior member

12. strangedream

strangedream Well-Known Member

Somewhere over the rainbow where you can get drunk
    I know Meermin's customer service is overwhelmed by bunch inquiries, but I just wondered what's the general response rate from them to those who have gotten reply back from them. I inquired them about some sizing and customization question about a week ago yet no response.

13. JBMarce21

JBMarce21 Senior member

alright alright sorry! pics to come soon as they arrive!

14. terrorsquad

terrorsquad Senior member

For me, within 12 hours as our time zones are different.

15. bigtimebuck4

bigtimebuck4 Senior member

Stopped in the store with the wife a couple weeks ago and was very impressed. We were in a hurry so i didn't have time to make a purchase but will be back in Madrid in a few days and intend to work it into my schedule. Should I start with the classic line and upgrade to the lm line if I am satisfied or make the plunge and start with lm? Also, anyone know how they handle vat refunds for non eu residents for in-store purchases? Thanks

16. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

Took 4 business days (broken up by a weekend) for first reply to my MTO inquiry. Now entering day 3 for the followup conversation. Plenty reasonable, IMO. I'm in no hurry and am even amazed they may be willing to do it.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  17. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

If you can afford it, go for LM. The quality difference is quite big. No idea on vat refunds...

18. sinfjotli

sinfjotli Senior member

I did a VAT return at Carmina in Madrid, but I suppose it will work the same for Meermin too. Once your purchase is over a certain limit (I believe its 150 EUR), you are eligible for VAT return. Ask in the shop for the VAT return form. Then have it stamped at the airport by the Spanish customs. Once you have it stamped, you can get your money in cash at the exchange office right after you pass the security, or on your credit card if you mail the form to the address provided. However, they don't give you back the whole VAT - I only got back 10% (instead of 18% which is the VAT). Best to check with the shop though.

19. bigtimebuck4

bigtimebuck4 Senior member

Thanks, with the 8% difference it may make more sense to pick them out in the store and then order "online" and pay no vat

20. zedd

zedd Member

Hey guys.. Anyone got pictures of worn shell cordovan shoes from
    Meermin?