• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jmen

Reaction score
With all due respect, given that none of us has their sales records at hand, I wouldn't say that that is clear at all.
I am not unreasonable and would be fine with waiting patiently if I had heard anything at all.
I'm sure you'll hear something from them eventually. It just takes a little longer right now. I also had to wait three days for an answer, where I only had to wait a few hours some weeks ago.
I think they're just very busy at this moment, and that's understandable since they're getting a lot of orders.
And how we know how much orders they're getting? We can't be sure of course, but if you just look at the order numbers you can see they're getting a lot of orders because that number is increasing rapidly.

Last edited:

bloke11

Reaction score
In fact, Meermin's rate of response was exceptionally fast during inquiries before the purchase. It was only after the payment, things started slowing down.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking at their cordovan lineup...

Beveled fiddle sole on LWBs just seems a bit overdone...

MaybeItsHate

Reaction score

...I think they're just very busy at this moment, and that's understandable since they're getting a lot of orders.
And how we know how much orders they're getting?  We can't be sure of course, but if you just look at the order numbers you can see they're getting a lot of orders because that number is increasing rapidly.

I hadn't thought of looking at the order numbers, though I've only ordered once so don't know how much use this would be to me in judging the rate of purchases.

I even wondered whether their store got smashed up in the recent civil unrest in Madrid or something, or, at the height of my desperation, whether it was possible that the shoemakers could be unionists or something.

In fact, Meermin's rate of response was exceptionally fast during inquiries before the purchase. It was only after the payment, things started slowing down.

This mirrors my experience, precisely.

Gosroth

Reaction score
Can only agree with the above posters that there seem to be a significant wait time for e-mail replies with Meermin currently, esp when compared to a few weeks ago.

I recall getting my shoes some 2-3 weeks ago, trying them on and realizing I would need an exchange for smaller size. I sent an e-mail asking about returns and exchange and got an answer within (literally) 7 minutes.

In stark contrast, the last week or so the response time has been 4-5 days. Maybe partly my own fault as I kept asking about any inventory not displayed on the website...

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't decide between these two! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More versatile, yes. But the lighter ones look great IRL, too. Decision depends on what you already have.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have any brown suede shoes.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are the "light brown" ones:

tumblr_m6p6y0MKpE1qapbr2o2_500.jpg

tumblr_m6p6y0MKpE1qapbr2o1_500.jpg

They look great, but as pointed out above aren't as easy to match as dark brown ones. Up to you.

Last edited:

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A close up shot of my Meermin, to get an idea of the leather quality. Not brushed yet, so you can still see some lint and dust.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are the "light brown" ones:
They look great, but as pointed out above aren't as easy to match as dark brown ones. Up to you.

Wow. Those are so beautiful.

zerostyle

Reaction score
Couple of questions:

1. Has anyone ordered their longwing bluchers in light brown? Curious what the color looks like in real life:

http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1958

2. Anyone know if it's goodyear welted?

3. For those that own them, how's sizing? If I'm a 9D in AE's 5 last, should I go with an 8 or 8.5?

david123

Reaction score
nice photo. Anyone have a similar photo of the dark brown?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads