1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Look like standard light brown to me.

They listed the antique cherry ones by the correct color so dont see why they wouldn't for others.

2. jb1987

jb1987 Active Member

hmm yeah I guess you are right just I did not see that color on their website. It must be one they sold before. Just thought "light brown" was very generic haha.
    Are there any pictures of the chestnut antique monks in this thread? Did a search but not seeing anything

3. Win545

Win545 Senior member

Maybe this?
    https://www.meermin.es/grupoMTO.php?idGrupo=115
    Color from their old GMTO.

4. mljs54

mljs54 Senior member

5. pandawooper

pandawooper New Member

Hello! I actually have an inquiry regarding the size that I should purchase for Black Calf Oxfords in either HIRO or ELTON last. According to the Brannock Device, these are my current measurements: Right Foot length 8/8.5US; Right Foot Arch 8/8.5US; Right Foot Width B; Left Foot Length 8US; Left Foot Arch 7.5US; Left Foot Width B or C. I was wondering if anyone could help me choose a size and last that would best fit my feet. Also, I emailed them and was wondering if these are the measurements that my actual foot should be or is this the length of the entirety of the shoe? (E.g "Foot 25.4 cm 7UK" should mean my foot is actually 25.4cm long) Or should my feet length and width match the measurements of the insoles of the shoe?

HIRO

L 290mm shoe outsole 7UK

W 103 mm shoe outsole 7UK

L 272 mm last insole 7UK

W 097mm last insole 7UK

Foot 25.4 cm 7UK

L 294 mm shoe outsole 7.5UK

W 104 mm shoe outsole 7.5UK

L 276 mm last insole 7.5UK

W 099 mm last insole 7.5UK

Foot 25.8 cm 7.5UK

ELTON

L 296 mm shoe outsole 7UK

W 104 mm shoe outsole 7UK

L 276 mm last insole 7UK

W 099 mm last insole 7UK

Foot 25.7 cm 7UK

L 300mm shoe outsole 7.5UK

W 105 mm shoe outsole 7.5UK

L280 mm last insole 7.5UK

W 100 mm last insole 7.5UK

Foot 26.1 cm 7.5UK

6. jb1987

jb1987 Active Member

This worries me because I thought I would be fine buying the Elton duble monks in 8uk (wear 9us in most dress shoes) but now I don't know..

1 person likes this.
  7. Win545

Win545 Senior member

You will be fine. Most of us here size down 1 size from US size on the elton last, including me, and the fit (for me) is great. Feel much better than hiro double monk in the same size.

8. gusm

gusm Member

Just got a pair of tassel loafers (101381 - S DARK BROWN RAPELLO SUEDE) in 11 uk. They look fantastic but, after wearing them on the carpet, are slightly long for me—typically wear a 12 us (45 Kent wang Oxford fits me pretty well though as well).

9. jb1987

jb1987 Active Member

Thank you! What do you like more about the fit compared to the hiro? The only thing is how elongated are they? I really don't like to have the toe be that long because I feel like I look funny. I recently purchased a pair of Paul Evans Wholecut shoes in size 8 (I know their sizing is weird but I think this equals a normal size 9) and had to exchange for a 7.5 because they were a bit too long to me. I know this is their style but I think the 7.5 fits better and the width seems to be ok too. Possibly a bit small but something I will live with to not have them as long. I also just picked up a pair of Gordon Rush at Nordstrom Rack because they were on clearance in size 9 however I have the same issue and think I need to exchange for a size 8.5.
    With my johnston murphy melton cap toe the size 9 is great as well as in some other shoes I have like steve madden.

So my point to this long winded post is if I should go withthe 8Uk (9us) or 7.5 Uk (8.5US)

thanks!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  10. jb1987

jb1987 Active Member

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Would like to order today. And for what it's worth I've asked meermin a couple questions and about switching the sizing and they responded within an hour both times.

11. Win545

Win545 Senior member

http://www.styleforum.net/t/277707/meermin-mallorca-shoes/13380#post_8002665

This is my review a while back. I think it will answer some of your question regarding the fit and the length of the 2 lasts. Excuse my poor photos. :)

1 person likes this.
  12. jb1987

jb1987 Active Member

Thank you those look good. How far do you have from the end of your big toe to the tip of the shoe?

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  13. bm93

bm93 Senior member

Received my snuff suede cropped chelseas a few days ago, some pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Elton last not only looks just like Carmina's Rain last, it fits similarly too:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. Pb924

Pb924 Senior member

Did you take the same size as rain? How does the fit compare? really like those cropped chelseas

15. bm93

bm93 Senior member

Thanks! I did take the same size as Rain, and I found the fit to be similar. Both feel similar in the toe due to the taper of the chisel. I would say Elton's instep is maybe a touch lower than Rain's, but definitely higher than both Hiro and Olfe. Like the Rain as well, I found Elton to have a fairly loose heel.

You can see the Rain vs Elton side-by-side in the image below.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  16. Pb924

Pb924 Senior member

@bm93 How does your rain in the same size feel. I have a suede pair of rain oxfords that fit pretty good. Instep is comfortable. toe box is comfortable. Heel is a little big. Now that the suede has broken in I sometimes wish I would have gone down half a size, but i could be overthinking it.

17. bm93

bm93 Senior member

The Rain last fits me quite well overall. We seem to have the same experiences with the Rain last; I had a pair of suede Rain oxfords that was a touch too big with some heel slip; however, my calf Rain oxfords in the same size fit very well.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  18. Kimistry

Kimistry Senior member

I wouldn't take my experience as what's normal. My comment about wearing 8.5 or 9 UK is usually with respect to casual shoes (e.g. sneakers). My experience with dress shoes was limited to brands like Hugo Boss and Kenneth Cole before (you'll have to excuse me, this was before I really knew anything), so it's entirely possible that i'm closer to a 8 UK size in reality.

19. Bruges

Bruges Senior member

d

Last edited: May 14, 2016
  20. jb1987

jb1987 Active Member

Does meermin send an email when you pay them or just another email when the order is shipped?
    I went to pay last night and my bank wouldn't let me use my credit card, could have talked to them, but tried paypal and it worked. Says that I paid meermin on my paypal account but didn't receive a confirmation email. I emailed meermin but no response yet so just thought I would ask here.

thanks