Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. eyeofthetig3r

eyeofthetig3r Active Member

Did anyone find out if these are actually made in Spain? It doesn't actually say made in Spain on the shoe.

2. Meermin

Meermin Affiliate Vendor

Hi Mr. Inimitable,

I am sorry to hear that, but those are not usual things.

Please email us at [email protected] and we will solve that situation as soon as possible.

Sorry for that inconvenience.

Kind regards,

- Meermin -

3. Needsmoreshoes

Needsmoreshoes Senior member

I don't think LM is what you'd call 'full fiddleback', more 'lightly bevelled! But I'm interested to see the quality increase from classic to LM seeing as I've got a pair of classics on their way to me now. I do hope that they've got no welt or sole issues. My main worry is how the faux-Dainite is going to stand up to regular wear in contrast to regular Dainite

4. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

Very nice! Glad to see you are standing behind your product.

5. stevent

stevent Senior member

I posted this as well earlier, nothing that says made in Spain. Customs form did say that product origin was Spain but honestly they made be China made / finished in Spain. Quite happy regardless with my pair, which has been fine after 5 or so wearings but waiting to see how it looks in 20 or so wears.

6. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

definitely would be interested in seeing some of your review after 20 or 30 wears.

7. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

Posted mine on Tumblr/Instagram after about 20 wears. Classic black captoe hiro last. Still feel rock solid and my soles still look barely touched. I only wear my rubber sole shoes when its forecast to rain hence my sole hasnt seen water yet. Always tree'd.

The poster with the troubled sole must of stood in a deep puddle for a day and then ran on a treadmill made of 50 grit sandpaper

[​IMG]

8. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

wow good to see that. I am planning on getting the dark brown captoe
    thanks!

9. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

I'm kinda on the fence here. I was planning on picking up a pair of the LM dark brown captoes, but these quality issues have me nervous. I'm wondering whether I should just pony up another $150 and go with a C&J on the 348 last, which I love.

10. kev777

kev777 Senior member

I think theyre the exception rather than the rule ! I'm delighted with mine for the money !!

11. kolecho

kolecho Senior member

That's pretty heavy wear if it's really only after 2 outings. Be interested to hear how this gets resolved with Meermin.

12. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

yeah, for the money they seem great...but I'm wondering if I should just pay more to get more.

13. Putonghua73

Putonghua73 Senior member

Definitely an exception. I've worn both my whole-cuts and single monks (Ama last) on a number of occasions (around 4/5 each), and usual sole scraps resulting from walking i.e. little stones, little indents - nothing out of the ordinary. No peeling or anything else that Inimitable has experienced!

Glad to see that Meermin's customer response, is impeccable, as usual. I've been delighted with both my pairs of shoes and my emails with Sandro.

If Inimitable's damage happened on the 2nd wearing on my pair of shoes, I would have sent them straight back to the supplier (Meermin or any other supplier) because definitely not fit for tender.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012

14. SJTM

SJTM Active Member

I paid US $182 with shipping for my Classic Double Monks. They are beautiful and as new, although they have only been worn sparingly. Allen Edmonds, whichs appears to be comparable in quality and certainly a fair bit more expensive, has several factory seconds outlets in the US - because human error occurs, regardless of manufacturing country of origin. Both Meermin and AE redeem themselves with their exceptional customer service. I will continue to buy from both for this reason.

15. ryantmccoy

ryantmccoy Member

Here is two wearings on mine.

[​IMG]