1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Senior member

Hey Guys,

Anyone here wear a pair of 10.5 UK Hiros, and have ron loafers as well? What size did you guys get for the loafers?

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  2. Usonian

Usonian Senior member

I too am interested in the answer to this question. In particular to me, I'm a 10.5EE in general, with a mediumly high instep. I have 2 chukkas and a LM double monk boot on hiro in 10UK, which fit well enough for me to continue to buy them.

that being said, no closure system on loafers means they may not be tight enough on my foot if I stay at 10UK, but could be too tight in the toes if I go down to 9.5UK.

So after that long and rambling thought, how does the Ron last fit?

3. Jeroen Vriend

Jeroen Vriend Senior member

I won't size down, the Ron last is verry tight at the toe box.

4. AlexHffK

AlexHffK Well-Known Member

I have both Hiro and Ron. By Heel to ball of foot you should size down ½ a size from Hiro to Ron.
    You will want Ron to be a bit tight as to not have heelslip.

5. Jeroen Vriend

6. MTLinStyle

MTLinStyle Senior member

1 person likes this.
  7. palodelincak

palodelincak Well-Known Member

Hello there, I have another sizing question... I'm starting to be really desperate since I don't have any decent shoe shops nearby and I need to order online as many of you here.

However, here are my measurements:

Length: 284mm
    Width: 103mm

What size should I choose in Hiro? Length of Hiro in UK8,5 is 284mm - is this enough or 284mm is from tip to the heel and I need to add extra space (if yes how much or which size do you recommend)? Or is there any better last for my feet dimensions?

8. WillisAU

WillisAU Well-Known Member

I'd suggest you email them with your foot size, as its highly likely you'll nee a bigger size, maybe around a 10. Someone will respond with the measurements for the last you're interested in.

Here's what they sent me when I enquired (although this is for the OLFE), note the intended foot size of a 8.5UK shoe - 26.8 cm. From what I've read you should have at least 10mm allowance. For what it's worth my foot is around 260mm and I went with an 8UK, which has an insole measurement of 280mm.

L 308 mm shoe outsole 8.5UK

W 107 mm shoe outsole 8.5UK

L 288 mm last insole 8.5UK

W 102 mm last insole 8.5UK

Foot 26.8 cm 8.5UK​

1 person likes this.
  9. Petepan

Petepan Senior member

Is it me or does the Hiro last look like a French mini baguette? A bit more waste suppression needed IMO.

2 people like this.
  10. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

considering my first pair of Meermin

how are their PTB and what about sizing? 11d on brannock.

11. palodelincak

palodelincak Well-Known Member

Thank you for your reply! So when my length is 284mm I need to add at least 10mm of space - then I need 294mm shoe length minimum right? Then it looks like UK10 is way to go - but I'm afraid it will be too wide since shoe width is 105mm and my feet is 103mm.

12. crdb

crdb Senior member

I was sending a shot of the mirror finish I spent a few hours applying to these full grain monks to a friend and well, the sun cooperated.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  13. Bruges

Bruges Senior member

Does Meermin ever give discounts? I want to buy the same shoes in a different color, so I am a patient man.

14. MTLinStyle

MTLinStyle Senior member

15. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

i'm an 11D on brannock and was told by Meermin to purchase a 10UK in the plain toe blucher...

16. sjbasjba

sjbasjba New Member

Do you have any tips for dealing with Meermin's customer service?

I'm having a customer service disaster right now.

After being very happy with two pairs of Meermins, the third pair I ordered didn't fit. I wore them outside the house twice before realizing how bad the fit was.

I contacted Meermin and asked whether they would accept the return despite the shoes being worn. They said they would be happy to and would offer a refund of the sale price (but not my return shipping). I would have sold the shoes on eBay, but since they said they would happily accept the return, I mailed them back.

Now that the shoes have finally arrived back in Spain, Meermin is refusing to honor their promise to refund the sale price. They reply to my e-mails with one line answers like "Sorry, we cannot accept the return because the shoes have been worn." I have forwarded them the e-mails in which they said they would be happy to accept the return despite the wear, and they simply don't respond.

Any advice? Has anyone had a similar experience? Any tips on how to get Meermin to honor their promises?

At this point I'm out hundreds and hundreds of dollars and will probably never buy from Meermin again. I love their shoes, but their customer service has been truly abominable.

17. WillisAU

WillisAU Well-Known Member

remember, at least 10mm. You might be comfortable with a little more, and based on emails from Meermin, they seem to recommend about 14-15mm insole length over the foot length. Dont get confused with outsole length!

I definitely know what you mean, it seems to be down to the leather at the arch of the foot bulging out a it. I was thinking (hoping) that as the shoe breaks in, the leather will conform to the foot around this space. Will wait and see.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  18. Jeroen Vriend

Hiro last?

19. crdb

crdb Senior member

20. Mazzington

Mazzington Member

Surprised to hear you say Hiro. I was sure they were Elton (chisel toe).